22 Apr: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/04/19 at 14:00

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds defence against Huddersfield in the first half was outstanding, if they go all out against Wakey who have a few injuries they could win comfortably. However Leeds don’t like playing against Danny Brough and Easter fatigue could set in.

Leeds by 8

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds defence against Huddersfield in the first half was outstanding, if they go all out against Wakey who have a few injuries they could win comfortably. However Leeds don’t like playing against Danny Brough and Easter fatigue could set in.

Leeds by 8

Danny Brough not named in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds by 8

Danny Brough is one of the many out injured unfortunately for us.  Damage limitation for us until we get at least some of the injured back.  Shame really as we were going well but it’s all part of the game.

Up the Trin 

Broughy and Miller for that matter are out for about 6 weeks.  Do keep up.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Leeds are carrying some injuries too, added too yesterday and will be playing a few youngsters. Hurrell out and looked like Dwyer was limping badly and taken off -  Leeds best players this season. 

Leeds struggled 2nd half yesterday, the extra day may benefit Wakefield.

7 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds by 8

Saw Danny Brough yesterday at Headingley with his arm in a sling. A miracle if he plays.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I don’t know what the capacity of Belle Vue is, but it’s not fit to be a Super League ground.

Are there improvements planned now Wakefield have acquired ownership of the ground?

I think so but I’ll have to see it to believe it. I think they’re planning on rebuilding it in stages rather than demolishing the whole ground and starting again.

it is embarrassing when Fev and Dewsbury have done more to their grounds in the last 20 years than Wakefield have

45 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I think so but I’ll have to see it to believe it. I think they’re planning on rebuilding it in stages rather than demolishing the whole ground and starting again.

it is embarrassing when Fev and Dewsbury have done more to their grounds in the last 20 years than Wakefield have

Not really embarrassing, both those clubs had big assets in the form of land around the stadium that they have been able to sell off in order to fund their ground developments.

2 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

I’ve no problems with Wakey and I like the way they play but the ground is an eyesore and needs sorting, they can’t keep playing the same tune they have for the last 10 years.

What really puts people off from going is the terracing, it is so flat the view is appalling. 

6 hours ago, One F in Wakefield said:

Not really embarrassing, both those clubs had big assets in the form of land around the stadium that they have been able to sell off in order to fund their ground developments.

I don't recall Rovers selling any land, got stuck in and did it themselves especially the brilliant volunteers! 

11 hours ago, dboy said:

Yes, we know our ground needs re-developing.  We get it.

We want it as much as you, believe me.

No doubt you do but it's rather a long time - 20 years! 

14 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I don't recall Rovers selling any land, got stuck in and did it themselves especially the brilliant volunteers! 

Indeed the volunteers and way that Fev have gone about their business in general has been exemplary and they deserve a lot of kudos.  However, they have significant assets around the area, which they have used to good effect.

For EG

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers/featherstone-shareholders-vote-through-development-plan-1-9411465

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

No doubt you do but it's rather a long time - 20 years! 

Keep banging on about it on a forum, taunting the Wakefield fans who want it as much as anyone else, isn’t going to change anything. Sick of reading about it. Give it a rest and change the record.

2 hours ago, One F in Wakefield said:

Indeed the volunteers and way that Fev have gone about their business in general has been exemplary and they deserve a lot of kudos.  However, they have significant assets around the area, which they have used to good effect.

For EG

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers/featherstone-shareholders-vote-through-development-plan-1-9411465

The stands were built well before this vote. 

On 21/04/2019 at 10:00, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I don’t know what the capacity of Belle Vue is, but it’s not fit to be a Super League ground.

Are there improvements planned now Wakefield have acquired ownership of the ground?

I see your back to your pathetic thread detailing you really are a nasty grub. If you want to discuss BV start a new thread or get lost.

Archived