22 Apr: SL: St Helens v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/04/19 at 14:00

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without wanting to veer off on a tangent, I despise the Easter Monday games. Traditional they may be, but they’re just rubbish. 

Not bothered about the result in all honesty, just hope we get through it with no injuries and those players who are inevitably coming into the squad, your James Bentley’s, Adam Swift’s etc have a good game. 

I'll be wandering over with Royboy and the usual crew. Hope we give a decent account of ourselves, a showing like the first 60 min v Rervers and we'll probably get panned.

Fingers crossed it's a decent scrap and reasonably close, resulting in a special play from you know who...

Saints 26 Hull 27. ?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

59 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

golden point, anyone?

Apart from me you mean?

?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Saints have got some good depth. Amor, Bentley, Swift can all come in. Smith can start at hooker. 

Hull are on form of late too though. 

Depends who gets picked. Balancing out fatigue in the squad will be a big thing within the season as a whole. And Hull saw last year the effects of not rotating and not blooding the back up talent. 

I see Saints by 10pts in a fairly close game 

Wish this was on TV as well as the Dragons game as I would like to see these two play each other coming off big wins. 

I have no idea how this match will go.  We're now missing Percy and LMS, both of whom have been pretty valuable team members this year so far, and Theo isn't in the 19 either which means he's still not regained fitness.  On top of that Walmsley did some serious game time on Good Friday and so whether he will have much left in the tank I don't know.  And then there is having to do battle with winning the first Good Friday game at Wigan in a century or whatever it was and whether that will impact our attitude, along with the fatigue that is bound to hit (although that will be the same for both teams).

The weather could be decent again - not 100% certain about that - but not as warm as on Good Friday, which will be a bonus for the players.

Not a clue how this will play out.  Hopefully Saints will win but I can't see it being an easy game even if they do.

C'mon you Saints!

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I'll be wandering over with Royboy and the usual crew. Hope we give a decent account of ourselves, a showing like the first 60 min v Rervers and we'll probably get panned.

Fingers crossed it's a decent scrap and reasonably close, resulting in a special play from you know who...

Saints 26 Hull 27. ?

Hopefully there's a massive scrap and loads get banned lol

I’ll go with saints but , yes tradition over here , I think frankly it’s pretty ridiculous these players have to play back to back with the physical battering they take and speed and intensity of the game now . We want a premium product we need the right fixture structure to aid it 

Hull make 6 changes from the 19 man squad for Hull KR last Friday :

St Helens: Jonny Lomax, Tommy Makinson, Kevin Naiqama, Regan Grace, Danny Richardson, Alex Walmsley, James Roby, Luke Thompson, Joseph Paulo, Morgan Knowles, Kyle Amor, Dom Peyroux, Adam Swift, Matty Lees, Jack Ashworth, Aaron Smith, Lachlan Coote, Joe Batchelor, Jack Welsby.

Hull FC: Bureta Faraimo, Carlos Tuimavave, Albert Kelly, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Dean Hadley, Mark Minichiello, Joe Westerman, Jake Connor, Chris Green, Jordan Thompson, Masi Matongo, Brad Fash, Sika Manu, Jack Logan, Jez Litten, Cameron Scott, Ratu Naulago, Connor Wynne

Josh Griffin, Danny Houghton, Gareth Ellis, Mickey Paea, Jordan Lane and Jack Brown drop out of the squad.

A difficult job just got very difficult. Without Ellis and Houghton we'll really struggle.

I quite fancy Hull here. A lot of Hull fans seem to have written it off, but Easter Monday is always a great leveler. If there is ever a good time to be playing Saints away it's probably now. 

Will probably come down to who can bring the most energy and tempo rather than who can play the best rugby.

Hull by 2

20 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’ll go with saints but , yes tradition over here , I think frankly it’s pretty ridiculous these players have to play back to back with the physical battering they take and speed and intensity of the game now . We want a premium product we need the right fixture structure to aid it 

yeah, player welfare is bullocks when you're having such a short turnaround, this isn't the early 80s when if you were a top team and involved towards the pointy end of 4 knock out comps plus the league and had games postponed due to weather you had to play 7 games in two weeks. Even with you being able to use your A team players and a few colts the strain on players now is so much more.

The problem I have with radford is that he's know how fatigue effects performance and has stlll continued to make the same errors in overplaying senior players when 'fit' and has only played the junior squad members when forced to. We saw how this worked when we played Warrington in 2016 on the Monday and with a team full of lesser experienced players beat Warrington with a 'million quids worth of players in the stands'. Yet he reverted back to form flogging players and we fell apart post Wembley mostly due to fatigue.

Then when you do have injuries your younger squad players are well short because they don't get enough game time at the level they need to be playing, a few times Kirk Dixen has said this about us in the last few years about how lacking our kids have been due to not getting any exposure. We've been playing catchup ever since Radford took over and having to mess about fixing the books beause of one thing or another not to mention buying/bringing in players outside of the club for what are with all due respect non pivotal positions that we should have been developing within in the first instance.

It's always short term gain over long term stability and having enough players from the youth system coming through, we're still waiting for a scrum half and stand off to come through the ranks, it's been best part of 20 years now!

Oh and us by 10, Saints have gone off the boil and we should dominate them all game with them getting a few late tries to make it seem closer.

oh hang on, that's my I've been out cycling and got sunstroke view of things/wishful thinking, I've voted us for the win but honestly can't see us getting anything other than injuries.

7 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

yeah, player welfare is bullocks when you're having such a short turnaround, this isn't the early 80s when if you were a top team and involved towards the pointy end of 4 knock out comps plus the league and had games postponed due to weather you had to play 7 games in two weeks. Even with you being able to use your A team players and a few colts the strain on players now is so much more.

The problem I have with radford is that he's know how fatigue effects performance and has stlll continued to make the same errors in overplaying senior players when 'fit' and has only played the junior squad members when forced to. We saw how this worked when we played Warrington in 2016 on the Monday and with a team full of lesser experienced players beat Warrington with a 'million quids worth of players in the stands'. Yet he reverted back to form flogging players and we fell apart post Wembley mostly due to fatigue.

Then when you do have injuries your younger squad players are well short because they don't get enough game time at the level they need to be playing, a few times Kirk Dixen has said this about us in the last few years about how lacking our kids have been due to not getting any exposure. We've been playing catchup ever since Radford took over and having to mess about fixing the books beause of one thing or another not to mention buying/bringing in players outside of the club for what are with all due respect non pivotal positions that we should have been developing within in the first instance.

It's always short term gain over long term stability and having enough players from the youth system coming through, we're still waiting for a scrum half and stand off to come through the ranks, it's been best part of 20 years now!

It appears you don't like Lee (for whatever reason we've never learned) but as you've told us all many, many times I think you can leave it now. It makes all your other posts (some of which are of value) seem irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

It appears you don't like Lee (for whatever reason we've never learned) but as you've told us all many, many times I think you can leave it now. It makes all your other posts (some of which are of value) seem irrelevant.

I don't like radford because he's a dumb coach who continues to make the same mistakes and has done so for 5.5 years. he's shown he's not capable of looking long term, he's proven that he can't develop youngsters except forwards which with all due respect isn't really difficult for the most part. He's had all the advantages over most of our coaches in our history in that we've actually had an owner who invested in facilities for the academy yet has failed miserably to take advantage of that.

He's continued to ignore our weaknesses defending wise and continued to go with the 5 drives and a kick ploy far too often, yes it can work but it's one dimensional and there's literally no plan B, simply rely on a bit of individual brilliance. The difference in performances is so wide it's an absolute mickey take, the mental aspect of our team is so far off at times it makes me want to puke. He's failed to identify a replacement for Ellis leadership wise, without him coming back we'd be absolutely screwed.

What did you think of his decisions last year to bring kirk Yeaman back into the team for the derby? KY was a passenger, it was a disgrace and an insult to the younger players who should have had a chance, what did you think of LR decision to play Washbrook in the halves, at hooker and even in the centre one game? Radford stated last season he was going to play Litten and didn't, Litten again has shown up really well but has not got a sniff in ages, instead using Houghton throughout for the 80 which will as every season prove to be garbage as Danny goes off the boil at the back due to him being so knackered.

We had by far the best team in 2016, had hardly any injuries yet scraped the CC win by the skin of our teeth and then fell off a cliff, we had a good run in the CC in '17 but aside from that Radford has been a failure, twice in the play-offs in 5 years is poor, no Grand Final and failed to bring through players from the junior ranks, failed to capitalise on advantageous situations off and on field wise.

It's nothing personal he's just a bang average coach that hasn't learnt anything/is one dimensional and frankly is wasting the talent that we have to take the club to the next level.

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I don't like radford because he's a dumb coach who continues to make the same mistakes and has done so for 5.5 years. he's shown he's not capable of looking long term, he's proven that he can't develop youngsters except forwards which with all due respect isn't really difficult for the most part. He's had all the advantages over most of our coaches in our history in that we've actually had an owner who invested in facilities for the academy yet has failed miserably to take advantage of that.

He's continued to ignore our weaknesses defending wise and continued to go with the 5 drives and a kick ploy far too often, yes it can work but it's one dimensional and there's literally no plan B, simply rely on a bit of individual brilliance. The difference in performances is so wide it's an absolute mickey take, the mental aspect of our team is so far off at times it makes me want to puke. He's failed to identify a replacement for Ellis leadership wise, without him coming back we'd be absolutely screwed.

What did you think of his decisions last year to bring kirk Yeaman back into the team for the derby? KY was a passenger, it was a disgrace and an insult to the younger players who should have had a chance, what did you think of LR decision to play Washbrook in the halves, at hooker and even in the centre one game? Radford stated last season he was going to play Litten and didn't, Litten again has shown up really well but has not got a sniff in ages, instead using Houghton throughout for the 80 which will as every season prove to be garbage as Danny goes off the boil at the back due to him being so knackered.

We had by far the best team in 2016, had hardly any injuries yet scraped the CC win by the skin of our teeth and then fell off a cliff, we had a good run in the CC in '17 but aside from that Radford has been a failure, twice in the play-offs in 5 years is poor, no Grand Final and failed to bring through players from the junior ranks, failed to capitalise on advantageous situations off and on field wise.

It's nothing personal he's just a bang average coach that hasn't learnt anything/is one dimensional and frankly is wasting the talent that we have to take the club to the next level.

A couple of weeks ago you were bleating about being unfairly criticised on this Forum.  Is there any wonder?

Time to get back on your bike and carry on shouting at pigeons.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

A couple of weeks ago you were bleating about being unfairly criticised on this Forum.  Is there any wonder?

Time to get back on your bike and carry on shouting at pigeons.

Denton and pals out today...

dastardly_and_muttley___stop_that_pigeon_by_txtoonguy1037_dbm1ghj-pre.jpg

6 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Oh and us by 10, Saints have gone off the boil and we should dominate them all game with them getting a few late tries to make it seem closer.

oh hang on, that's my I've been out cycling and got sunstroke view of things/wishful thinking, I've voted us for the win but honestly can't see us getting anything other than injuries.

Bloody cyclists i bet you were attempting wheelies in the middle of the road annoying motorists because you have seen the Yoof doing it. 

Archived