Leigh (A)

Blind side johnny

I assume that this game is still on, although nobody on here appears to be interested in posting about it. We got well beaten on Friday but that was then and there is no point in sulking. Tomorrow's game will show if we do have players with character of if they are inclined to feel sorry for themselves.

Leigh are nothing like as strong as last year but have put some decent results together. They are also plagued by injuries at the moment and were beaten soundly by the team that Batley previously turned over, before themselves losing to Doncaster: try calculating some sort of prediction from that lot! Their home support is good and does seem to carry them forward so it will be a tough task but, if nothing else, pride is at stake. Lee's team selection will be scrutinised closely by us all, no doubt.

Lobbygobblers 24 - 18 Rams

Att: 2110 (not many away supporters I fear)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I see that Brown and Whiteley have been added to the squad with Ward and Sheriffe missing.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

You were away and we played at home. We can’t beat 12 or even 11 players, so how can we cope against thirteen?

Saw you guys v Toronto, Rams were superb...unfortunately it won't be a muddy pitch tomorrow. Our defence isn't great, so should be a few points for both sides.

Well my prediction wasn't that far off; we lost 34-12, but it should have been worse with four conversions missed and tries disallowed. Leigh, hit by injuries, with more today, were still much better than us, yet they weren’t brilliant in that victory. 

Unfortunately Dewsbury looked poor on attack and the defence out wide was left open, only for Leigh to mess things up on more than one occasion. It was odd really because sometimes our defence came together and saved tries too. 

We did let ourselves down, knocking-on at crucial times, especially Hooley dropping the ball three times near our line (and Gabriel too). 

All in all another poor performance, but at half time it looked as though we might do well come the second period, but it went to the opposition. I missed seeing Brown’s try and thought Trout had no chance of scoring, but he did well to touch down. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Well my prediction wasn't that far off; we lost 34-12, but it should have been worse with four conversions missed and tries disallowed. Leigh, hit by injuries, with more today, were still much better than us, yet they weren’t brilliant in that victory. 

Unfortunately Dewsbury looked poor on attack and the defence out wide was left open, only for Leigh to mess things up on more than one occasion. It was odd really because sometimes our defence came together and saved tries too. 

We did let ourselves down, knocking-on at crucial times, especially Hooley dropping the ball three times near our line (and Gabriel too). 

All in all another poor performance, but at half time it looked as though we might do well come the second period, but it went to the opposition. I missed seeing Brown’s try and thought Trout had no chance of scoring, but he did well to touch down. 

Watching you beat Fev recently I honestly think you are missing Sykes. He bonds your team spirit together.

14 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

We weren't badly hit by injuries prior to the game. (although we more than made up for it during the game!) I think we 'rested' players from Friday. In his post-match comments, John Duffy was scathing about how part-time teams have to double-up over Easter, with no opportunity for rest and recovery. He says that injuries always ensue, from the second game, and pointed out that players from both teams had to receive treatment from doctors. It looks like our three will be out for a long time, unfortunately - although we have been incredibly lucky with injuries, up to now.The missed goal kicks were down to Ridyard nursing an injury throughout the game.

I honestly don't think that yesterday proved much, either way. There were two very tired, part-time teams out there, with the inevitable high mistake count, by both teams. Some of your goal line defence was awesome though, when we finally started to put pressure on.

As for Brown's try, it came from a training ground move, with a typical, beautifully weighted, short kick from Finn, superbly anticipated by Brown. A lovely try.

Here's looking forward to coming over to yours again, for the return. Hopefully we can raise more players than last time!

1 hour ago, AlanE said:

We weren't badly hit by injuries prior to the game. (although we more than made up for it during the game!) I think we 'rested' players from Friday. In his post-match comments, John Duffy was scathing about how part-time teams have to double-up over Easter, with no opportunity for rest and recovery. He says that injuries always ensue, from the second game, and pointed out that players from both teams had to receive treatment from doctors. It looks like our three will be out for a long time, unfortunately - although we have been incredibly lucky with injuries, up to now.The missed goal kicks were down to Ridyard nursing an injury throughout the game.

I honestly don't think that yesterday proved much, either way. There were two very tired, part-time teams out there, with the inevitable high mistake count, by both teams. Some of your goal line defence was awesome though, when we finally started to put pressure on.

As for Brown's try, it came from a training ground move, with a typical, beautifully weighted, short kick from Finn, superbly anticipated by Brown. A lovely try.

Here's looking forward to coming over to yours again, for the return. Hopefully we can raise more players than last time!

My comments about Leigh having injured players was from one of your supporters telling me so and picked up after the Widnes game. 

Thanks for the detail about Brown’s try. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Shocking two game display .Poor display it looks like were a one man team and to base your team around a player on his probably last couple of seasons tricky situation. Positive the young lad from wires puts a shift in. Back to no ambition good job weve a Rochdale in the league.

16 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Shocking two game display .Poor display it looks like were a one man team and to base your team around a player on his probably last couple of seasons tricky situation. Positive the young lad from wires puts a shift in. Back to no ambition good job weve a Rochdale in the league.

Steve what do you call no ambition,spending what we haven’t got? Unfortunately by the time Lee had taken over the job most of our budget had been spent,on what?

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Steve what do you call no ambition,spending what we haven’t got? Unfortunately by the time Lee had taken over the job most of our budget had been spent,on what?

agreed mate listen the coaches main aim was to keep us up and compete in  every game. Apart from 3 games we have done that. The coach is doing a good job for me. As for ambition just wish the roof was a tad higher.lol

Archived