Football Rules

It frustrates me when I watch a football game that they don’t let substituting go on without stopping play. The team winning 1-0 brings a sub on with 2 minutes left to waste time is ridiculous, when they were resisting a video ref everyone said it would stop play and interrupt the flow, well what does letting someone go off and shaking hands with everyone on the pitch do??

Also in the 21st century they have someone ‘guessing ‘ how long the stoppages are and if there’s another stoppage after 45/90 minutes it’s never fully accounted for in the timekeeping. Have a timekeeper, ref stops the clock for injuries etc and accurate timekeeping is just about achieved! 

Of course it seems to me that the football authorities believe other sports are inferior and they can’t learn anything from them...

f3gms4.jpg

The other rule I'd change is the one that means play has to stop for a player to receive treatment for an injury. If the trainer was allowed on to the pitch during play it would instantly kill off 99% of the playacting.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

football rules? hands up those who have used the salt and pepper to explain the offside rule to the mrs?

For that to happen someone would need to explain it to me first!

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

4 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

It frustrates me when I watch a football game that they don’t let substituting go on without stopping play. The team winning 1-0 brings a sub on with 2 minutes left to waste time is ridiculous, when they were resisting a video ref everyone said it would stop play and interrupt the flow, well what does letting someone go off and shaking hands with everyone on the pitch do??

Also in the 21st century they have someone ‘guessing ‘ how long the stoppages are and if there’s another stoppage after 45/90 minutes it’s never fully accounted for in the timekeeping. Have a timekeeper, ref stops the clock for injuries etc and accurate timekeeping is just about achieved! 

Of course it seems to me that the football authorities believe other sports are inferior and they can’t learn anything from them...

A real bugbear of mine this. I've read studies that demonstrate just how wildly inconsistent injury time can be. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Another example of stupid football rules at the weekend at the Leeds United game. Make the referee be the one who decides if play should be stopped not the players! 

Instead we have a farce like that! Being going on for years and they haven’t changed it?? 

They have changed it. Several times. Never satisfactorily of course. But the referee can now only stop play if he believes there has been a head injury. He can't unless the players kick the ball out otherwise. Previously, there has been a directive that referees could influence players to stop.

So they just keep getting it wrong and not introducing the rule of bringing the physio on whilst the ball is in play that would end it all tomorrow.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 22/04/2019 at 00:36, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

football rules? hands up those who have used the salt and pepper to explain the offside rule to the mrs?

My son lost a soccer match because I was running the sideline and didn’t understand the offside rule. I should have raised the flag. No other parents wanted to volunteer to run the sideline that day so I jumped in. ?

Apparently it was clearly offside to even the away team. After the match my son explained it to me and, yes, it was offside.

Just now, Copa said:

My son lost a soccer match because I was running the sideline and didn’t understand the offside rule. I should have raised the flag.

Apparently it was clearly offside to even the away team. After the match my son explained it to me and, yes, it was offside.

No other parents wanted to volunteer to run the sideline that day so I jumped in. ?

For future reference, if the opposition are through on goal they are ALWAYS offside. However if your son's team are through on goal they are NEVER offside. Hope this helps. ? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

7 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

For future reference, if the opposition are through on goal they are ALWAYS offside. However if your son's team are through on goal they are NEVER offside. Hope this helps. ? 

There are local leagues of a reasonable standard near me where the teams provide the linesmen. Some of the decisions flagged are ... interesting.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Another example of stupid football rules at the weekend at the Leeds United game. Make the referee be the one who decides if play should be stopped not the players! 

Instead we have a farce like that! Being going on for years and they haven’t changed it?? 

As far I remember that was brought in and it is down to the ref to stop the game not the players. 

Archived