Toronto Affect Still to be felt

IM2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry K'man but maybe this could be the only time in life that I am 100% totally confident in being correct, I have been at the very pointy end of getting youngster's participating and playing our wonderful game, I am more than familiar with what it requires to take kids from club, to representative, to elite level, and knowing how the conversion numbers work just to make it to representative as in the county level that Smudger suggested could happen in 15 short years from nothing is not possible.

Please tell me how that love of Rugby League by the Canadian youth is progressing in terms of participation numbers, the number of teams that have been or are in the process of being originated, the league's that will be formed and at what age levels, please give me something to ignite my enthusiasm not just the hope and a whim and a prayer that one day will eventually be day one for it to come into being, from what I have read about your previous expierence with participation and organising sports, I think you will be a tad bit worried about the Wolfpacks long term future if there is no organised infrastructure of the game played below the professional level, it needs it, and you know that.

Well once an old rugby sage told me that it will probably take 7 years!

IMG_0678.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Due Diligence can't be rushed, it can either be done properly or not at all, you can either cover all the bases and be as certain as possible or take a chance that all will be OK, it meshes perfectly with my business analogy, no good buisness would enter i to any transaction without a full thorough proper Due Diligence.

I'm not suggesting anything is rushed, or any corners cut Harry, we need to examine all the ''what-if'' scenarios no doubt (and parky's dire warnings) and have good robust answers. But let's get the f....k on with it! 

4 minutes ago, SL17 said:

That’s the question? Why haven’t TWP got on with it. 

Reason being they don’t want youth development, they want others to do that part of it. Everything pertaining to youth on their web site is to keep the peace. 

Nothing factual, it’s hiding the ignorance of the owners, nothing more.

Thats what annoys people, with supposedly a bottomless well of wealth and three years on and not a Canadian, NA player in sight.

Not sure what Harry is going on about as using them as a learning curve. It’s quite obvious there’s nothing to learn. Plan (a) Chuck money at it and stick the brand on a can of beer.

Good to see that you approaching this problem question with an open mind.

53 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'm not suggesting anything is rushed, or any corners cut Harry, we need to examine all the ''what-if'' scenarios no doubt (and parky's dire warnings) and have good robust answers. But let's get the f....k on with it! 

I think there is somewhat a lot of caution or should that be the trepidation or fear of the unknown of what might be or as you term it "the what if" from some SL chairmen, the list, the criteria, the questions whatever we call it needs to be formulated and dare I suggest published to be scrutinized by all and answered forthwith, but it is time and expierence that will throw up a lot of the questions as they will no doubt develop, hence my reasoning to use the Wolfpack as the 'prototype" before proceeding.

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Novelty at best. Not sure where you’ll be once that wears off. Probably up s..t creek.

You got that one totally wrong...will be buying a bigger boat and paddling on the French Riviera.

Will be eating steak and eggs for breakfast and lobster for supper....quaffing it all down with fine Canadian craft beer.

Its just like taking candy from a baby this is.

21 hours ago, SL17 said:

Whats the sell by date???

It's got a long life and will be enjoyed in vast quantities by thousands...maybe we'll even export it worldwide. 

The comments on here are pretty demoralising. Some people need a reality check.

Toronto not in the Championship = 0 regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash despite Sky having exclusive rights.

Toronto in the Championship = 20+ regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Are you paying the shipping fees? Thanks very much.

Terms are FOB Lamport Stadium...our owner has been known to buy many a visiting fan a round at the Friday night party.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The Wolfpack is hunting...the hunt is currently on....

Thus this weeks prey...the Old Swinton/British Lion!

"Hunt With The Pack!"

? Hmmm, sounds a bit antagonistic, not like you to be winding people up?! ?

In the (unlikely) event that the Old Lions kick your asses you might regret. ? v ?

By the way... what did happen in Toulouse? Not sure of the spelling, was it "To Lose" ? ?? ? v ?? ?? ?

Conspiracy theory, there was no film shown that day. ??️?

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Toronto not in the Championship = 0 regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash despite Sky having exclusive rights.

Toronto in the Championship = 20+ regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash

I have really appreciated seeing the Championship clubs show cased on TV. They have given a lot of effort and been a joy to watch. Particular matches that stick out in my mind were York (so disciplined) and Dewsbury Rams (such heart, gave everything). A big thank you to the Toronto Wolfpack Management & Owners for stimulating the Television Market. Going forward I hope that Sky and Our League will get more Championship and League 1 games on. I have been enjoying the BBC coverage of the challenge cup rounds too.

5 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I thought Toronto were paying SKY for the privilege of showing their games. Is someone trying to say its for the benefit of the Championship? Ohh I see it inadvertently gives the appearance SKY supports the Championship media wise.

Yet it dosen't if SKY are taking the money from a guest.

Sky had the rights and showed 0 Championship games for years. Now Championship clubs get to appear on Sky TV every week. How that is seen as a thing to criticise is pretty sad.

39 minutes ago, Hemel Stag said:

? Hmmm, sounds a bit antagonistic, not like you to be winding people up?! ?

In the (unlikely) event that the Old Lions kick your asses you might regret. ? v ?

By the way... what did happen in Toulouse? Not sure of the spelling, was it "To Lose" ? ?? ? v ?? ?? ?

Conspiracy theory, there was no film shown that day. ??️?

1.NEVER!

2.No one is underestimating them...they are a proud old club with plenty of hardware to boot.

3.Toulouse was a complete second half meltdown...nothing more....nothing less.

4. "We plead guilty Your Honour......We are as black as sin and and as dark as a starless night...We are the thing your worst rugby nightmare is made of...we are the mighty Toronto Wolfpack..and we pack run to our date with destiny in Super League! Ignore us at your peril!"

"Run With The Pack!"

8 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I thought Toronto were paying SKY for the privilege of showing their games. Is someone trying to say its for the benefit of the Championship? Ohh I see it inadvertently gives the appearance SKY supports the Championship media wise.

Yet it dosen't if SKY are taking the money from a guest.

As I understand it; Sky have traded the international distribution rights to the Toronto Wolfpack Championship UK Games to Toronto Wolfpack, in exchange for TO.W. supplying footage of the Canadian based games to Sky to show in the UK. In view of the fact that Championship games were not being screened at all, at least some of them are now, and it wouldn't have happened without the Wolfies ? As a business, I'm sure Sky supports what they see is making commercial sense for them. For those of us who have enjoyed seeing some of the Championship teams in action it is a very welcome bonus.

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

All the more reason for CH/L1 to leave SL with their SKY deal. You think Toronto are using SKY for the benefit of CH!

Interesting,given if invited to SL will end that deal.

A competition that looks inward, and seemingly scoffs at anything that adds value, thinks big and creates media exposure won't be of much value to anyone unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

All the more reason for CH/L1 to leave SL with their SKY deal. You think Toronto are using SKY for the benefit of CH!

Interesting,given if invited to SL will end that deal.

All the more reason for CH/L1 to leave SL with their SKY deal. - Probably for the best, if at all possible.

You think Toronto are using SKY for the benefit of CH! - Nope Toronto are using Sky for the benefit of Toronto. Sky are using their forgotten about "rights" to do some business and make some money as they perceive people will watch and their customers are liking the content.

Interesting,given if invited to SL will end that deal - No idea. But, if so, OurLeague could step in, they have the platform and I for one wouldn't mind paying a reasonable subscription to see all the Championship & League 1 games, especially if they offered a "catch up" service to watch later.

7 minutes ago, Hemel Stag said:

As I understand it; Sky have traded the international distribution rights to the Toronto Wolfpack Championship UK Games to Toronto Wolfpack, in exchange for TO.W. supplying footage of the Canadian based games to Sky to show in the UK. In view of the fact that Championship games were not being screened at all, at least some of them are now, and it wouldn't have happened without the Wolfies ? As a business, I'm sure Sky supports what they see is making commercial sense for them. For those of us who have enjoyed seeing some of the Championship teams in action it is a very welcome bonus.

I as a RL can I've enjoyed watching some of the Toronto games , but how much actual benefit have the Clubs got from that coverage ?

Just now, Hemel Stag said:

All the more reason for CH/L1 to leave SL with their SKY deal. - Probably for the best, if at all possible.

You think Toronto are using SKY for the benefit of CH! - Nope Toronto are using Sky for the benefit of Toronto. Sky are using their forgotten about "rights" to do some business and make some money as they perceive people will watch and their customers are liking the content.

Interesting,given if invited to SL will end that deal - No idea. But, if so, OurLeague could step in, they have the platform and I for one wouldn't mind paying a reasonable subscription to see all the Championship & League 1 games, especially if they offered a "catch up" service to watch later.

Explain ' reasonable ' ?

5 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I'm still awaiting for the value as you put it, to be added.

10 championship clubs will be able to showcase live TV coverage to its sponsors. Fans who cannot attend games can see their Championship side live on TV an extra 2 times a year. Championship RL fans will be able to enjoy 30 games of live Championship Rugby on TV in 2019 compared with 6 in previous years. I repeat - Sky had the rights and wanted to showcase 0 games outside the Bash. In previous years the Championship has tried to sell the rights to TV companies and had 0 takers.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Explain ' reasonable ' ?

Affordable, maybe £5 to 10 a month. I am paying £30 a month to watch all Sky Sports live, via the Interweb, although I mostly only use it to watch RL, Thr, Fri, Sat. I would be happy to pay a modest, reasonable, affordable sum to see two leagues worth of my preferred sport. 

3 hours ago, SL17 said:

Novelty at best. Not sure where you’ll be once that wears off. Probably up s..t creek.

PS thanks for sending Brierley back (or rather leaving him here)... Hopefully we can sort him out again.

Are most malcontents here Centurions' fans? 

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

10 championship clubs will be able to showcase live TV coverage to its sponsors. Fans who cannot attend games can see their Championship side live on TV and extra 2 times a year. Championship RL fans will be able to enjoy 30 games of live Championship Rugby on TV in 2019 compared with 6 in previous years. I repeat - Sky had the rights and wanted to showcase 0 games outside the Bash. In previous year the Championship has tried to sell the rights to TV companies and had 0 takers.

10 championship clubs will be able to showcase live TV coverage to its sponsors - If I were a sponsor I would be delighted to get on national / international TV

Fans who cannot attend games can see their Championship side live on TV and extra 2 times a year. - And some of us have like an eight hour round trip by car, or longer by public transport, to get to a lot of these places. So, being realistic the TV is the way to see a variety of games and teams, other than your own local teams that you can get to.

There's a rumour going round that Sky want to do a dedicated Rugby Channel, putting both codes together, including poaching RU from BT Sport and adding to Superleague, plus Championship. Wonder if this is anymore than a rumour or if anyone else has heard any more on this?

2 minutes ago, Hemel Stag said:

10 championship clubs will be able to showcase live TV coverage to its sponsors - If I were a sponsor I would be delighted to get on national / international TV

Fans who cannot attend games can see their Championship side live on TV and extra 2 times a year. - And some of us have like an eight hour round trip by car, or longer by public transport, to get to a lot of these places. So, being realistic the TV is the way to see a variety of games and teams, other than your own local teams that you can get to.

There's a rumour going round that Sky want to do a dedicated Rugby Channel, putting both codes together, including poaching RU from BT Sport and adding to Superleague, plus Championship. Wonder if this is anymore than a rumour or if anyone else has heard any more on this?

I wouldn't mind paying subscription to ourleague if it was WatchNRL quality.

Archived