Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IM2

Toronto Affect Still to be felt

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

On my 7 years perhaps I have not been clear, I consider the clock is already ticking, information has most probably already been gleaned it was slow to start with but pace and monentum is gaining speed, you entered the league in 2017, so by the end of 2023 we will be ready to go or not

We are ready now!...like a hungry wolf, salivating and wanting to hunt...ready to go!.You can't stop us with a leash designed for a wee tamed puppy breed like you have over there.  The expanses of the taiga call to us...there is deep longing for the hunt  We have tasted the flesh of the Great Rhino and we want more.

WE GO!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

On my 7 years perhaps I have not been clear, I consider the clock is already ticking, information has most probably already been gleaned it was slow to start with but pace and monentum is gaining speed, you entered the league in 2017, so by the end of 2023 we will be ready to go or not

People are not happy over here with you Harry Stottle!

image1.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have said on numerous occasions that TWP should be used as a learning curve before other teams from NA are allowed into our league system, why jump headlong into the unknown when we have the perfect opportunity to assess, judge, evaluate, appraise, anylise and determine what is good and the not so good of NA teams in our league by using TWP as an example, we can then determine and set criteria for an entry level to the British game. I liken TWP as a prototype which can be tweaked and modified to get to the stage which will be both beneficial for the game over here and also new clubs  with desires over there, if TWP was a factory manufactured product no company would go into "full production" until the product is proven, the RFL and SL should in my opinion do exactly the same before accepting new clubs from across the Atlantic.

Although i agree with you I would state that you wouldn't get a true reference on North American expansion without 3 or 4 teams. The additional teams would give you better data sets for extrapolation and data models.

I think once the Ontario Rugby League is up and running again, including Junior Age Grades we will all be very happy. Looking forward to the day Ontario U18s can play Yorkshire U18s and be competitive on the field, that would be a true mark of success we could all be proud of.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Smudger06 said:

I think once the Ontario Rugby League is up and running again, including Junior Age Grades we will all be very happy. Looking forward to the day Ontario U18s can play Yorkshire U18s and be competitive on the field, that would be a true mark of success we could all be proud of.....

Could lead to a State of Origin Series.....15 years from now, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Ontario & Occitanie (French Region where Toulouse & Catalans are located, including the RL Department of Aude (in between them)) 

3 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Could lead to a State of Origin Series.....15 years from now, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Ontario & Occitanie (French Region where Toulouse & Catalans are located, including the RL Department of Aude (in between them)) 

That my friend would be the perfect end game, although I'd like a South East representative as well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

15 years from nothing to originate teams, organise leagues, formulate centres of excellence for the elite players in Ontario to develop through to be good enough to compete with those English counties you mention, no disrespect smudger but what planet are you visiting earth from, Rugby League is organic it will take a long time from germination to grow and flourish when planted, to quote Jim Royale,15 years my R'se.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

15 years from nothing to originate teams, organise leagues, formulate centres of excellence for the elite players in Ontario to develop through to be good enough to compete with those English counties you mention, no disrespect smudger but what planet are you visiting earth from, Rugby League is organic it will take a long time from germination to grow and flourish when planted, to quote Jim Royale,15 years my R'se.

You don't know what you are talking about Harry...the kids want in on the Wolfpack!

This is the current situation on the ground over here at the moment.

20190425_110903.jpg

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You don't know what you are talking about Harry...the kids want in on the Wolfpack!

This is the current situation on the ground over her at the moment.

20190425_110903.jpg

Sorry K'man but maybe this could be the only time in life that I am 100% totally confident in being correct, I have been at the very pointy end of getting youngster's participating and playing our wonderful game, I am more than familiar with what it requires to take kids from club, to representative, to elite level, and knowing how the conversion numbers work just to make it to representative as in the county level that Smudger suggested could happen in 15 short years from nothing is not possible.

Please tell me how that love of Rugby League by the Canadian youth is progressing in terms of participation numbers, the number of teams that have been or are in the process of being originated, the league's that will be formed and at what age levels, please give me something to ignite my enthusiasm not just the hope and a whim and a prayer that one day will eventually be day one for it to come into being, from what I have read about your previous expierence with participation and organising sports, I think you will be a tad bit worried about the Wolfpacks long term future if there is no organised infrastructure of the game played below the professional level, it needs it, and you know that.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

People are not happy over here with you Harry Stottle!

image1.jpeg

I mean the damai lama wouldn't lie so you are bang to rights there harry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry K'man but maybe this could be the only time in life that I am 100% totally confident in being correct, I have been at the very pointy end of getting youngster's participating and playing our wonderful game, I am more than familiar with what it requires to take kids from club, to representative, to elite level, and knowing how the conversion numbers work just to make it to representative as in the county level that Smudger suggested could happen in 15 short years from nothing is not possible.

Please tell me how that love of Rugby League by the Canadian youth is progressing in terms of participation numbers, the number of teams that have been or are in the process of being originated, the league's that will be formed and at what age levels, please give me something to ignite my enthusiasm not just the hope and a whim and a prayer that one day will eventually be day one for it to come into being, from what I have read about your previous expierence with participation and organising sports, I think you will be a tad bit worried about the Wolfpacks long term future if there is no organised infrastructure of the game played below the professional level, it needs it, and you know that.

Well once an old rugby sage told me that it will probably take 7 years!

IMG_0678.jpg

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Due Diligence can't be rushed, it can either be done properly or not at all, you can either cover all the bases and be as certain as possible or take a chance that all will be OK, it meshes perfectly with my business analogy, no good buisness would enter i to any transaction without a full thorough proper Due Diligence.

I'm not suggesting anything is rushed, or any corners cut Harry, we need to examine all the ''what-if'' scenarios no doubt (and parky's dire warnings) and have good robust answers. But let's get the f....k on with it! 

35 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'm not suggesting anything is rushed, or any corners cut Harry, we need to examine all the ''what-if'' scenarios no doubt (and parky's dire warnings) and have good robust answers. But let's get the f....k on with it! 

That’s the question? Why haven’t TWP got on with it. 

Reason being they don’t want youth development, they want others to do that part of it. Everything pertaining to youth on their web site is to keep the peace. 

Nothing factual, it’s hiding the ignorance of the owners, nothing more.

Thats what annoys people, with supposedly a bottomless well of wealth and three years on and not a Canadian, NA player in sight.

Not sure what Harry is going on about as using them as a learning curve. It’s quite obvious there’s nothing to learn. Plan (a) Chuck money at it and stick the brand on a can of beer.

4 minutes ago, SL17 said:

That’s the question? Why haven’t TWP got on with it. 

Reason being they don’t want youth development, they want others to do that part of it. Everything pertaining to youth on their web site is to keep the peace. 

Nothing factual, it’s hiding the ignorance of the owners, nothing more.

Thats what annoys people, with supposedly a bottomless well of wealth and three years on and not a Canadian, NA player in sight.

Not sure what Harry is going on about as using them as a learning curve. It’s quite obvious there’s nothing to learn. Plan (a) Chuck money at it and stick the brand on a can of beer.

Good to see that you approaching this problem question with an open mind.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I think there is somewhat a lot of caution or should that be the trepidation or fear of the unknown of what might be or as you term it "the what if" from some SL chairmen, the list, the criteria, the questions whatever we call it needs to be formulated and dare I suggest published to be scrutinized by all and answered forthwith, but it is time and expierence that will throw up a lot of the questions as they will no doubt develop, hence my reasoning to use the Wolfpack as the 'prototype" before proceeding.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Good to see that you approaching this problem question with an open mind.

Novelty at best. Not sure where you’ll be once that wears off. Probably up s..t creek.

PS thanks for sending Brierley back (or rather leaving him here)... Hopefully we can sort him out again.

Edited by SL17

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Novelty at best. Not sure where you’ll be once that wears off. Probably up s..t creek.

You got that one totally wrong...will be buying a bigger boat and paddling on the French Riviera.

Will be eating steak and eggs for breakfast and lobster for supper....quaffing it all down with fine Canadian craft beer.

Its just like taking candy from a baby this is.

21 hours ago, SL17 said:

Whats the sell by date???

It's got a long life and will be enjoyed in vast quantities by thousands...maybe we'll even export it worldwide. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

It's got a long life and will be enjoyed in vast quantities by thousands...maybe we'll even export it worldwide. 

Not another maybe...

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Not another maybe...

Ok we'll put you down for a case...thanks for your support

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Ok we'll put you down for a case...thanks for your support

Are you paying the shipping fees? Thanks very much.

The comments on here are pretty demoralising. Some people need a reality check.

Toronto not in the Championship = 0 regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash despite Sky having exclusive rights.

Toronto in the Championship = 20+ regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Are you paying the shipping fees? Thanks very much.

Terms are FOB Lamport Stadium...our owner has been known to buy many a visiting fan a round at the Friday night party.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The Wolfpack is hunting...the hunt is currently on....

Thus this weeks prey...the Old Swinton/British Lion!

"Hunt With The Pack!"

🙄 Hmmm, sounds a bit antagonistic, not like you to be winding people up?! 😁

In the (unlikely) event that the Old Lions kick your asses you might regret. 🐺 v 🦁

By the way... what did happen in Toulouse? Not sure of the spelling, was it "To Lose" ? 🇨🇦 🐺 v 🇫🇷 🐓🦃 ?

Conspiracy theory, there was no film shown that day. 🧐📽️🚫

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Toronto not in the Championship = 0 regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash despite Sky having exclusive rights.

Toronto in the Championship = 20+ regular league games on Sky outside Summer Bash

I have really appreciated seeing the Championship clubs show cased on TV. They have given a lot of effort and been a joy to watch. Particular matches that stick out in my mind were York (so disciplined) and Dewsbury Rams (such heart, gave everything). A big thank you to the Toronto Wolfpack Management & Owners for stimulating the Television Market. Going forward I hope that Sky and Our League will get more Championship and League 1 games on. I have been enjoying the BBC coverage of the challenge cup rounds too.

• Like 7