Extinction Rebellion

8 hours ago, Saintslass said:

You mean shifting the responsibility on to women?  That works?  Oh, ok.  How convenient for men!

Nope.

You could look it up. All the evidence is there. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Saintslass said:

You mean shifting the responsibility on to women?  That works?  Oh, ok.  How convenient for men!

I suggest there are few societies that educate girls, but don’t bother with boys. The message of “Educate girls” is more accurately “Educate girls as well as boys”.  

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

The truth behind Electric Vehicles , the average ' life ' of an electric car Battery will be 10 years , it will take 7 years for that vehicle to start to ' save ' carbon compared to an internal combustion engine , then we have the cost and carbon produces to make those batteries safe 

Not forgetting also the massive natural destruction required to dig up the required materials to produce the batteries in the first place 

Not the answer , yes it might improve the air quality in London , but will be killing thousands in China,India,Africa and South America 

This deserves to go in here as well:

8% of the country taking up by grouse moors is an extraordinary statistic. Utterly shocking considering the ecological impact and the ridiculously small economic dividend. A prime example of the aristocracy and major landowners destroying the environment, creating risk-to-life dangers downstream and hindering the economic well-being of remote areas. 

3 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

This deserves to go in here as well:

8% of the country taking up by grouse moors is an extraordinary statistic. Utterly shocking considering the ecological impact and the ridiculously small economic dividend. A prime example of the aristocracy and major landowners destroying the environment, creating risk-to-life dangers downstream and hindering the economic well-being of remote areas. 

And then you have the deer population which is kept at artificially high levels for stalking and shooting.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

49 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

And then you have the deer population which is kept at artificially high levels for stalking and shooting.  

I'm not sure that's accurate actually.  I think the deer population is regularly culled because there are no predators available to do the job.  Other than humans obviously.  

14 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I'm not sure that's accurate actually.  I think the deer population is regularly culled because there are no predators available to do the job.  Other than humans obviously.  

Oh it is culled, but not at the levels needed.  The conservationists want a lot more culled, the landowners less.  The landowners want big herds to support the shooting industry (guarantees that you will find something to shoot if there are lots of them).  The government has intervened on some estates (controversial) and culled the deer, which led to protests.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

22 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Oh it is culled, but not at the levels needed.  The conservationists want a lot more culled, the landowners less.  The landowners want big herds to support the shooting industry (guarantees that you will find something to shoot if there are lots of them).  The government has intervened on some estates (controversial) and culled the deer, which led to protests.  

We had them in the fields at the back of us , about a mile from Leigh town centre but the local loons killed them with dogs , illegal though that is 

Archived