Away fans @ Odsal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I’m going to the Bradford v Leeds game next month, last time I went on watch SL  the Rooley Avenue End was open but they don’t open it anymore. Will it be open for the cup game?

This from the rhinos website

Terrace – Adults (£18), Concessions (£13), Juniors (£5), Family (£40)

Provident Stand – Adults (£23), Concessions (£18), Juniors (£5), Family (£50)

Premier Club – Adults (£28), Concessions (£23), Juniors (£5), Family (£60)

I read that and assumed it was like the last time we played them, us in the end terrace, provident stand is seating side? and Premier Club being the box end?

£23 to get in there? Anyone who tells me Rugby League isn’t overpriced is wrong. 

Blame BBC all you want for televising the game but given the option of sitting at home and watching it from the comfort of your sofa or spending £23 (before travel, food, parking etc), people are staying at home and rightly so. 

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This from the rhinos website

Terrace – Adults (£18), Concessions (£13), Juniors (£5), Family (£40)

Provident Stand – Adults (£23), Concessions (£18), Juniors (£5), Family (£50)

Premier Club – Adults (£28), Concessions (£23), Juniors (£5), Family (£60)

I read that and assumed it was like the last time we played them, us in the end terrace, provident stand is seating side? and Premier Club being the box end?

Looking on the Bulls website it has Terrace and T2 but you can only buy tickets for terrace so I’d assume T2 is reserved for Leeds

5EC1485D-1E98-4C68-B890-21DA1F3068E2.png

1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

Looking on the Bulls website it has Terrace and T2 but you can only buy tickets for terrace so I’d assume T2 is reserved for Leeds

5EC1485D-1E98-4C68-B890-21DA1F3068E2.png

Yeah I can't see them putting the bulk of Leeds fans in with the Bulls main terrace realistically? Plus without the T2 end what's the capacity?

23 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

£23 to get in there? Anyone who tells me Rugby League isn’t overpriced is wrong. 

Blame BBC all you want for televising the game but given the option of sitting at home and watching it from the comfort of your sofa or spending £23 (before travel, food, parking etc), people are staying at home and rightly so. 

I bet it'll still be Bradford's biggest crowd of the season. 

Rugby league is Britain's cheapest mainstream sport - and the worst thing is it looks and smells cheap, compared to other sports. That needs to change if its going to survive. 

People spend far more than 23 to see other sports events that are on TV. They do it if it's an exciting enough event to want to be there in person. If we're saying the first competitive Bradford Leeds game in 5 years isn't worth that then we may as well throw in the towel completely. 

32 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Behave yourself.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I can't see them putting the bulk of Leeds fans in with the Bulls main terrace realistically? Plus without the T2 end what's the capacity?

According to wiki:

Rooley Avenue End- 7,290

Provident Stand- 4,899

West Terrace- 9,309

South Bank- 620

So usually it’s about 14K overall capacity is 22K

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

It is £23 to watch a Superleague side in London, so how do Championship side Bradford justify the same prices?

Because its seated along the side line and is one of their biggest games in half a decade?

People moaning about 23 quid bloody hell grow up. 

That's for seating, for me that's perfectly reasonable. If you don't want to pay that much then you can pay a fiver less to stand. Some SL clubs will charge you that and more to stand. Today's game at Wakey for example. Now I know we've not been to Odsal for some time but it can't be as bad as standing on that western side at Belle Vue.

FWIW I've not seen a single Leeds fan moan about the prices!

7 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

I bet it'll still be Bradford's biggest crowd of the season. 

They average about 4-5K usually add to that people who don’t go regularly and Leeds fans.

Looking back since they were relegated the highest attendance they had was 9k v Leigh in 2015. I think they’ll be aiming for something like that

10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Why is this the biggest game in 50 years? Have they not played each other in the Grand Final in 2005, and the Challenge Cup Final in 2003? How does this become the biggest game in "Half a Century"?

*decade

For what it's worth, the terrace behind the sticks has not been open all season due to low crowds compared to SL days. Whether it will be open for the cup tie I don't know, but suspect it will, given comments about "massive gates" emanating from some sections of management.

If it is, I doubt there will be any segregation, A) because it's pretty difficult in a large open terrace and B) there has never previously been any segregation at Odsal. Anyway, we always get on famously with our friends from the fair city of Leeds...?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

55 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The £23 is less than a quid for each of the starting set of 2 teams of players - it doesn't cover the interchange(s).

'Twenty may be plenty' in association football but that sport is awash with cash.

It is unfair that certain clubs are allowed to charge more than others - but that is the way of the world.

I tend not to go to theatre/gigs now due to what I consider to be rip-off booking fees/admins fees etc. but seating prices seem to be comparable.

£18 to stand on terracing seems reasonable.

I believe it to be the case that in the Coral Challenge Cup both clubs have to agree to the admission price.

Our rugby league players do not just participate in the most physically and mentally challenging sport but do so with constant change in the rules and interpretation,veils of secrecy,and finances fluctuating in the sport and at the clubs,yet continue to perform - although some clubs just discard them.

I think they would prefer people in attendance at the stadia - and deserve more money than they will receive during their playing careers.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

It's absolutely worth mentioning that the tickets for this game are actually (quite significantly) cheaper than what Bradford charge for league games.

As for where Leeds fans will be accommodated, the nature of Odsal means they can essentially wait until the day of the game before committing to whether they need to open the terrace behind the sticks or not.

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As for where Leeds fans will be accommodated, the nature of Odsal means they can essentially wait until the day of the game before committing to whether they need to open the terrace behind the sticks or not.

Why's that? Presumably they need stewards, bogs, turnstiles.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If the terracing at that end has continued to crumble like it seemed to be doing last time I was there (5 or 6 years ago) and hasn't been used for a while (?) then I can't imagine why they'd open it for this game. Does it even have a valid safety certificate?

The crowd I imagine won't be more than 10k at most so I don't see why they'd go to the trouble when the crowd can be comfortably accommodated elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

But sport is a million times better live though

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well it is to those of us who go and pay to watch it , just watching a packed Fratton Park in L1 football , fantastic support and atmosphere coming over the TV 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It may well be but people have mortgages, bills, rent, food, clothes, commuting costs etc etc and if you’re a season ticket holder (an outlay of a couple of hundred quid minimum) and you support your side away (in the Championship, it’s worse than SL with the Bash, Toulouse and Toronto), additional costs of cup games is a big ask for a club’s fans. 

Granted, some will blindly pay it to support their club but it doesn’t make it right. 

Archived