Away fans @ Odsal

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Well it is to those of us who go and pay to watch it , just watching a packed Fratton Park in L1 football , fantastic support and atmosphere coming over the TV 

And I'm sure it would be far better watching it live too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Well it is to those of us who go and pay to watch it , just watching a packed Fratton Park in L1 football , fantastic support and atmosphere coming over the TV 

In fairness if people can't afford to go watching on telly especially turned up loud and with alienation or two can be great too

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It may well be but people have mortgages, bills, rent, food, clothes, commuting costs etc etc and if you’re a season ticket holder (an outlay of a couple of hundred quid minimum) and you support your side away (in the Championship, it’s worse than SL with the Bash, Toulouse and Toronto), additional costs of cup games is a big ask for a club’s fans. 

Granted, some will blindly pay it to support their club but it doesn’t make it right. 

Fair point. I suppose best thing is to pick and choose what to see live and make the most when doing it

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It may well be but people have mortgages, bills, rent, food, clothes, commuting costs etc etc and if you’re a season ticket holder (an outlay of a couple of hundred quid minimum) and you support your side away (in the Championship, it’s worse than SL with the Bash, Toulouse and Toronto), additional costs of cup games is a big ask for a club’s fans. 

Granted, some will blindly pay it to support their club but it doesn’t make it right. 

Just because you can't afford it, doesn't make it wrong.

You don't have to go to every game. If you can't afford it, fair enough. But don't go whinging about the price just because you can't afford it. Just don't go.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

This was the end terrace at Odsal 2 months ago, doesn't look like it's been maintained in any way and I assume the cost of getting it ready for the tie wouldn't be beneficial. 

Happy to be proved wrong though!

received_282537892685882.jpeg

10 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Why's that? Presumably they need stewards, bogs, turnstiles.

The top of that end is a walkway round between the turnstiles at that end round towards the seated stand so the toilets and turnstiles are likely to be open anyway. 

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

This was the end terrace at Odsal 2 months ago, doesn't look like it's been maintained in any way and I assume the cost of getting it ready for the tie wouldn't be beneficial. 

Happy to be proved wrong though!

received_282537892685882.jpeg

A couple of decent power washers would have that all nice and whiney for the Leeds faithful

I actually put ' shiney ' but the auto text is probably more accurate , so I thought I'd leave it in there ?

Odsal might not be the most modern stadiums but it's perfectly serviceable for the average fan.  Today I went and got in within a few seconds, had a slash at one of the many toilets.  Washed and dried my hands (not possible at some SL grounds).  Selected my bar of choice and bought a drink.  I then stood in the sunshine and watched the game from an excellent vantage point.

£18 for a cup game is absolutely fine.  There are loads of neutrals complaining about the price on this thread.  Didn't realise so many were thinking of coming.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 minute ago, Konkrete said:

Odsal might not be the most modern stadiums but it's perfectly serviceable for the average fan.  Today I went and got in within a few seconds, had a slash at one of the many toilets.  Washed and dried my hands (not possible at some SL grounds).  Selected my bar of choice and bought a drink.  I then stood in the sunshine and watched the game from an excellent vantage point.

£18 for a cup game is absolutely fine.  There are loads of neutrals complaining about the price on this thread.  Didn't realise so many were thinking of coming.

Better than the £25 we were asked to pay eh Konk ? ?

13 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

£23 to get in there? Anyone who tells me Rugby League isn’t overpriced is wrong. 

Blame BBC all you want for televising the game but given the option of sitting at home and watching it from the comfort of your sofa or spending £23 (before travel, food, parking etc), people are staying at home and rightly so. 

It's free to get in.

It's £23 to get out.

21 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

£23 to get in there? Anyone who tells me Rugby League isn’t overpriced is wrong. 

Blame BBC all you want for televising the game but given the option of sitting at home and watching it from the comfort of your sofa or spending £23 (before travel, food, parking etc), people are staying at home and rightly so. 

OC is just another one who loves to moan and complain. I'd go if it was on a sat but not on a fri,I'd go if it ko at 7.30 but not 8.00,I'd go to Newcastle for MW but not Liverpool,or visa versa.

You pay £50 to go to the theatre in Leeds,£20 for a 15 min taxi,£25 to watch a comedy act in a pub etc,etc.No doubt OC will watch the game,eating his noodles with the lights off,in case the tv licensing people knock on his door.

I still think 6/7,000 would be a good crowd for a cup game.

19 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

And with due irony: the cost per adult at Portsmouth is ... £23.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Pr-purchase £23 plus £5 to sit down numerous walkie talkie messages because no one new how to open a barrier so i could get down the slope because i can't manage the steps. One disabled toilet in a bar which was wet through i was like Bambi on ice trying to get the toilet. Second time for the cup game nothing changed just cheaper. i have a horrible feeling we will draw Bradford away in this silly cup.i will still go because i follow my team and Rugby League is the best game in the world in my opinion.But some clubs need to improve their stadiums if they want to charge top prices and not sit back hoping someone will help them out with a freebie

8 hours ago, Feverly Hills 90210 said:

Pr-purchase £23 plus £5 to sit down numerous walkie talkie messages because no one new how to open a barrier so i could get down the slope because i can't manage the steps. One disabled toilet in a bar which was wet through i was like Bambi on ice trying to get the toilet. Second time for the cup game nothing changed just cheaper. i have a horrible feeling we will draw Bradford away in this silly cup.i will still go because i follow my team and Rugby League is the best game in the world in my opinion.But some clubs need to improve their stadiums if they want to charge top prices and not sit back hoping someone will help them out with a freebie

Bit harsh having a go at the disabled for ###### ing on the floor!  How many disabled toilets should a club have in one bar?

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

7 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Bulls v Rhinos clashes with Leeds Uniteds 1st leg playoff game...

No one confident if automatic promotion 

Archived