Kudos to Raheem Sterling

Raheem is becoming a genuine role-model for our youngsters. He speaks out against the wrong in society and, at the same time, seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Definitely, kudos to him.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

This is Sterling who has had two charges for assault dropped against him, because of inconsistent evidence by his GF, and the second accuser didn't turn up in court, the same Sterling who was photgraphed with a Shsha Pipe, and admitted using recreational Nitrous Oxide, and the same guy who has a tattoo of an M16 rifle on his leg?

5 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Raheem is becoming a genuine role-model for our youngsters. He speaks out against the wrong in society and, at the same time, seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Definitely, kudos to him.

He paid for pupils at his old school to watch him at Wembley in the Carabao cup final too. 

11 minutes ago, Niels said:

He paid for pupils at his old school to watch him at Wembley in the Carabao cup final too. 

A nice gesture , but in a financial context ' peanuts ' to Raheem , he always seems to come across as a petulant child during games and sometimes off field as well , a lot of growing up Mr Sterling has to do , but he is only a kid , and unless I suppose you've had his upbringing , with essentially a difficult start then incredible wealth and adoration poured upon you , it is hard to understand how ' he ' works , he is an incredibly talented football player , hopefully he will go on to be a humble and generous ( in spirit as well as financial ) human being 

38 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A nice gesture , but in a financial context ' peanuts ' to Raheem , he always seems to come across as a petulant child during games and sometimes off field as well , a lot of growing up Mr Sterling has to do , but he is only a kid , and unless I suppose you've had his upbringing , with essentially a difficult start then incredible wealth and adoration poured upon you , it is hard to understand how ' he ' works , he is an incredibly talented football player , hopefully he will go on to be a humble and generous ( in spirit as well as financial ) human being 

He also made a substantial donation to the Grenfell fire survivors.

I think at Manchester City he has matured very much both as a player and a person. 

5 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

This is Sterling who has had two charges for assault dropped against him, because of inconsistent evidence by his GF, and the second accuser didn't turn up in court, the same Sterling who was photgraphed with a Shsha Pipe, and admitted using recreational Nitrous Oxide, and the same guy who has a tattoo of an M16 rifle on his leg?

59 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Perhaps you can name me other soccer players who have been as generous as Sterling?

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Perhaps you can name me other soccer players who have been as generous as Sterling?

In fairness to other sportsmen (and women) I think many of them do make generous donations to things like the Grenfell Tower appeal. Raheem is just so high profile that anything he does gets maximum publicity while others fly under the radar.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Juan Mata.

In 2017 he announced that he was pledging one percent of his salary to a pledge-based charitable movement, named Common Goal, and called for other football players to do the same

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

9 hours ago, The Future is League said:

No, but I am sure there are some who are less publicity demanding that have donated to charities, Sterling's publicity agent seems to be briefed with "Hey, make me look good, any donations I give must be public".

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

No, but I am sure there are some who are less publicity demanding that have donated to charities, Sterling's publicity agent seems to be briefed with "Hey, make me look good, any donations I give must be public".

Your posts on the subject seem riven with jealousy and pettiness, here's a young man seemingly acting as a fine role model, remembering his roots, supporting charities that help some of the most vulnerable and reaching out to a young boy in his darkest times and then helping the family in what must be the worst experience any parent could ever have to endure and you are concerned he's only doing it to make himself look good? 

Maybe we could do with a few more self publicists like him.

16 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Well Mr Balotelli was ' interesting ' when at Man City , I'm sure there are many , as I said , well done to him , but I do believe he needs to grow up a bit 

22 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Yep the same Sterling who seems to have grown up - My last RSM in the army actually did 18 months in M.C.T.C. Colchester when he was a young Gunner, didn't he go a long way and actually ended up as a Major.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

17 hours ago, The Future is League said:

https://www.tuko.co.ke/35189-little-known-facts-mario-balotelli-donates-50-of-his-salary-to-children-in-africa.html#35189

On top of this he does things like paying for everyone's fuel when paying for his own at the petrol station. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 23/04/2019 at 00:52, Bleep1673 said:

On 23/04/2019 at 05:29, GUBRATS said:

On 23/04/2019 at 16:07, Bleep1673 said:

Out of interest do either of you contribute to any charities on a regular basis?

He got a lot of stick when he left Liverpool, from England fans in particular which I always found a bit strange, but also in the media where he was sometimes potrayed as being money grabbing for leaving Liverpool.  Even as a Liverpool fan I found this a bit harsh, but I didn't exactly want him to be a roaring success either.

Even if some of the stuff he has done recently has been heavily promoted by his agent, he does seem to be turning into a fairly impressive bloke. He's no age at really and most of the twenty four year olds I know aren't brimming with maturity

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Out of interest do either of you contribute to any charities on a regular basis?

Out of malicious nosiness, do YOU donate to any charity? By the way, note that I do not feel the need to name the ones I used to donate to, when I was working.

Raheem gave another mature performance tonight. He made the second goal for Sane. It must have been shattering for him when his goal was ruled out v Spurs. However he has been instrumental in the last 2 wins.

I watched him at the end. He seems to really understand what it means to the supporters. 

Archived