BBC website

I seem to be noticing that there is less RL coverage on the main page (if that is possible) every other sport appears to be there apart from ours; these are the small but very big things we as a sport to address if we are to gain a higher profile again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, iangidds said:

I seem to be noticing that there is less RL coverage on the main page (if that is possible) every other sport appears to be there apart from ours; these are the small but very big things we as a sport to address if we are to gain a higher profile again.

Maybe they decided that a small northern sport for northerners doesn't merit space on their main page.

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

Maybe they decided that a small northern sport for northerners doesn't merit space on their main page.

It’s no surprise but if we don’t find a way to get back on there we will continue the slide into the ........

1 minute ago, iangidds said:

It’s no surprise but if we don’t find a way to get back on there we will continue the slide into the ........

Clearly not trendy enough for the lefty agenda setters.

If there is a story about female shot putting, they are all over it.

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Clearly not trendy enough for the lefty agenda setters.

If there is a story about female shot putting, they are all over it.

If she’s Muslim with half an eye it’s even better

If anything negative happens involving a rugby league player / someone who used to play rugby league / someone who saw it on tv once and thought it was good etc then it will be all over the main page

Other than that don't hold your breath.  They can't even update the scores half the time and the team line ups are always wrong

2 minutes ago, iangidds said:

If she’s Muslim with half an eye it’s even better

Fortunately the yoof don't consume traditional media.

So the BBC is irrelevant to them. The fact we all read about RL here and other websites drives home the point.

How they justify a TV tax is unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

So the BBC is irrelevant to them. The fact we all read about RL here and other websites drives home the point.

It’s the biggest broadcaster in the uk , so we need a strong presence 

Plenty of sports have no BBC presence.

Just now, iangidds said:

It’s the biggest broadcaster in the uk , so we need a strong presence 

32 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Errrm, Excuuuse me! We've got a team in Toronto don't you know.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

25 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Agreed, though the bbc is still very powerful and probably the most consumed media outlet nationwide.

They seem obsessed with setting their agenda on sporting items, often promoting women's football as lead news item in recent times, or whatever happened to be their vogue agenda. Considering the amount of people that do consume rugby league in the UK and pay a licence fee, the sport is massively under represented.  

24 minutes ago, Leonard said:

They need the tv licence to pay for the hilarious “Mrs Brown’s Boys”, im surprised the bbc haven’t gone for the other nations favourite “Paddy and his one joke McGuinness”.

1 hour ago, iangidds said:

In many ways of life the BBC is totally bigoted. 

1 hour ago, iangidds said:

Are you looking at it from Montenegro? The UK version of the sports page has RL on the main page, if you view it from outside the UK, it does not. It's been that way for a few years now.

6 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

They need the tv licence to pay for the hilarious “Mrs Brown’s Boys”, im surprised the bbc haven’t gone for the other nations favourite “Paddy and his one joke McGuinness”.

I could not agree more.  How on earth that programme gets on BBC tv is beyond me.  Dont get me started on all the other supposed comedians.

31 minutes ago, JonM said:

Are you looking at it from Montenegro? The UK version of the sports page has RL on the main page, if you view it from outside the UK, it does not. It's been that way for a few years now.

I’m am viewing from Montenegro but there is no stories on the main page , I know the RL section has moved into the other sports many years ago

Just now, iangidds said:

I’m am viewing from Montenegro but there is no stories on the main page , I know the RL section has moved into the other sports many years ago

The Sports front page has a report on the Saints/Hull game as one of the lead items (in the UK, at least.)

54 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I could not agree more.  How on earth that programme gets on BBC tv is beyond me.  Dont get me started on all the other supposed comedians.

Michael McIntyre speaks in a funny voice though!

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

Plenty of sports have no BBC presence.

That is no consolation, unless you're another RaRa troll

Random Tuesday morning, I guess.

On the UK version of the BBC Sport page there are 14 main stories in the central box.

Three aren't football.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I'm afraid it's catch 22 and was mentioned on a similar thread recently.

I agree that the BBC Sports rugby league thread is poor/not updated but when they do put up a story it tends to get very few comments/clicks. in comparision to other sports,even such as tennis,golf,darts etc.People on here said they couldn't be bothered to view the BBC site,well,dont be surprised if we lose our presence/coverage.

People on here believe BBC Sports have a duty to cover rl,trust me they dont.They will go where they get visits/clicks/comments.

p.s. the similar thread was Martyn Sadler re The Telegraph on Hemmings.Good story,few views/comments,so they probably wont run further rl stories.Use it or lose it !

14 hours ago, Spike said:

Don't show league 1 scores ??

Nor do they put the teams with the players in their correct positions.

Someone from the governing body should contact them and inform them - or instruct them to leave out naming the sides on the scores and match reports.  

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived