Your clubs 'cringe' moment

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The Kieron Cunningham era. I couldn’t believe some of the stuff he said in press conferences. 

It was basically our middles were great but the young kids are letting us down. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Spike said:

Renaming Derwent Park the Zebra Claims Stadium. Dark times for workington town ?

Did you ever play Swinton there?, must have been a bit of a mauling.

For my club, there's been quite a few but the Gateshead fiasco was bloody awful. Still, after Barry Lilley rounded up all the Championship clubs and voted not to allow Hull FC to be relegated, it was the only inevitable outcome.

Recent big scores against my team are difficult to accept as well. ?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

A big matchday presentation to bring awareness of domestic violence and tell people to stop... Followed by the announced signing of Stuart Reardon 24 hours later.

I nearly stopped going. Luckily he failed his medical.

I was going to post similar.

Was failed medical the official line? I thought we just changed our mind.

We have had some bad on field results, but that's a part of the game, wouldn't really describe them as cringe moments. Although setting the playoff record defeat of 71-0 and managing to beat it again a few years later is pretty special.

The posts being pulled down, the on field fighting at Craven Park. The sharks saga (anyone remember sharky?) and the subsequent merger. There are a few tbf if you support Hull.

As a Batley fan Shaun Ainscough's cross field kick at Featherstone will forever be remembered. Nearly got us relegated and sent us viral for a few days on social media. 

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when John Kear went to speak to him after the game! ?

49 minutes ago, bulldogs17 said:

As a Batley fan Shaun Ainscough's cross field kick at Featherstone will forever be remembered. Nearly got us relegated and sent us viral for a few days on social media. 

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when John Kear went to speak to him after the game! ?

A couple of years later we Fev played at The Mount and kicked dead straight from the kick off.I was moving to the top end of the ground at the side were the players come out,Ainscoughs wing and shouted to him{ thats a good start}Shaun shouted back {its a long game}he was right we won very easily that day.

Anytime our fans are involved in pitch invasions and unruly behaviour.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Most of the ones I can think of for Warrington were around the turn of the century:

- The Murphy and Dorahy 'dream team' - came to a sour end fairly shortly after a fans event at Wilderspool, where one fan tried to pin down exactly what Murphy's role entailed and received a not-particularly-family-friendly reply ("B*llocks");

- Announcing we had got Neil Kelly in from Widnes as coach, when we hadn't;

- Announcing fixtures as the 'last game at Wilderspool' several times before shutting the old place town, including a fixture against New Zealand A and some random friendlies. In contrast with the last competitive game (v Wakefield), which was a very special day.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Has to be the so called "promotion" run by the club when we  played Gateshead Thunder at home in 2012.

At the time Thunder were on a losing run of something like 60 games, and there was an offer for the game for the hospitality boxes where you would get your money back if we lost! Totally disrespectful to Thunder and very embarrassing for us Crusaders fans. Thankfully the CEO who came up with the idea has long gone.

Back then of course we were averaging crowds just below 1,000 while Thunder were lucky to get 200 at their games, how times change.?

Also have to mention Wales 2013 World Cup campaign, what a disappointment that was.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

I'd go with Ellery Hanley's monosyllabic interview on the BBC SPOTY, which went something along the lines of

TV host: "What do you think this fantastic year in SuperLeague will do for the profile of rugby league in the UK" (or some similar general question)

Ellery: 'I only care about Saints"

TV host: "Right, well lets move onto the synchronized swimming"

The sale of Thrum Hall and the move to The "New" Shay. No money at all from the sale to do anything at the Shay as was promised. That alongside the way the Council has run the Shay, is why it remains half built and some areas more r less out of bounds to the public

The relationship with the Council and the Wendyballers which has been a joke since day one. All 3 playing silly buggers including hiding keys to rooms etc and seeing how far they can go with things.

The debts & Problems built up under CEO NIgel Wood and how the Club has never recovered on or off the field since

The Tony Abbott era. He had no real money but tried to buy the Shay etc and push Fax deep in to debt! A chancer that pulled the wool over many eyes at Halifax RLFC and elsewhere with his dealings.

The playing of Michael Ostick in a Cup game and then being kicked out.

Archived