Workington Town sack Leon Pryce (Merged Threads)

When you sign proven Super League and Championship players, presumably on decent money, you shouldn’t be throwing a 16 point lead away to London Skolars. Even worse than that was their shambolic performance against Whitehaven. 

Not a surprise he’s gone. 

Is this the same Leon Pryce who's been sacked on another thread?

I was just wondering...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The Pryce is not right.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

From my distant perspective it seems a tough call in a tight league.  I don't sense a big surprise though so perhaps performances have not been good.  I hope Leon Pryce finds another opportunity if he wants to continue coaching. 

Gutted tbh. Really raised the profile of our club attracting top players like Danny tickle, Fui Fui Moi Moi Sean Penkywkz and Oliver Wilkes. Exited to see what happens in the future for Town. Onwards and upwards. Wonder who will take over 

• John Drake changed the title to Workington Town sack Leon Pryce (Merged Threads)
On 23/04/2019 at 20:13, LeeF said:

The Directors supported him big style this season with what would be some expensive, for League 1, signings but the results and performances haven't followed

Before the season kicked off the names to look out for in the promotion race were Oldham, Newcastle and ourselves.

We beat Oldham away and Newcastle at home (and ourselves against Whitehaven).

We're on the same points as Oldham and Newcastle according to the League 1 screen print above.

It wasn't time to hit the panic button just yet. So unless something behind the scenes has happened that we're not party to I think its a bad decision.

15 minutes ago, Worky said:

Before the season kicked off the names to look out for in the promotion race were Oldham, Newcastle and ourselves.

We beat Oldham away and Newcastle at home (and ourselves against Whitehaven).

We're on the same points as Oldham and Newcastle according to the League 1 screen print above.

It wasn't time to hit the panic button just yet. So unless something behind the scenes has happened that we're not party to I think its a bad decision.

You blew a big lead at Skolars and got outplayed last Friday so yes things weren't working out

Archived