Batley v Leigh

Batley Bob

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if anyone is interested...as I know we get a few Ram converts on our forum.....highlights of the Rams at Leigh

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Resources are starting to get thin, 4 with injuries 1 suspended and 1 awaiting the tribunal, going to be tough this week.

4 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Thats the spirit!...good luck Bdogs!

he's from Leigh….

( i.e. Batley win by 10 )

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I see Fax and Marshall have parted company! I thought he'd done enough over the past few years to ride out this poor spell

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I see Fax and Marshall have parted company! I thought he'd done enough over the past few years to ride out this poor spell

Yes, I was a little surprised too. 3 top 4 finishes in 4 years is an outstanding record. I think Halifax fans were fully expecting another top 4 finish. But, like us and the rest of the part-timers, there is very little chance of a top 4 against half a division of teams spending on full time squads.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Exactly what I was saying this morning. I would have thought he had built up enough credit to be given a chance to sort it out. Of course, none of us know the internal issues involved in this.

I'm nailing my colours to the mast, having beaten Widnes, Dewsbury and Swinton in the last 3 league meetings I'm going for a Batley win and I will pay £10 into my war chest.

Brave or what?

ps Take Marshall on as assistant coach ready for next year lol.

6 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Some clubs have very little patience and expect nothing less than miracles year on year. If they had spent a fortune in the close season and were not getting the return then it might be justified but I fail to see where they will find a coach of the same quality.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

44 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some clubs have very little patience and expect nothing less than miracles year on year. If they had spent a fortune in the close season and were not getting the return then it might be justified but I fail to see where they will find a coach of the same quality.

Totally agree with you bsj. 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

And I always found him fair as regards the opposition with no sarcastic comments.........Batley to beat Leigh by 4.

Archived