Batley v Leigh

Batley Bob

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some clubs have very little patience and expect nothing less than miracles year on year. If they had spent a fortune in the close season and were not getting the return then it might be justified but I fail to see where they will find a coach of the same quality.

He’s done very well for Halifax - have Marshall over Diskin any day.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dogstew said:

He’s done very well for Halifax - have Marshall over Diskin any day.

maybe a straight swap.?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some clubs have very little patience and expect nothing less than miracles year on year. If they had spent a fortune in the close season and were not getting the return then it might be justified but I fail to see where they will find a coach of the same quality.

Some Fax fans are saying that he has spent much more this close season than previously.That's why they are expecting better results and performances

It's ok nobbys bird is a batley fan.

Brian noble where could you be today a frozen mancunian mountie or sunny mount pleasant? More importantly were should he of been...

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I must point out I am for the first time agreeing with the Leigh fans chanting cheat, cheat the more the game went on his decisions got weirder and usually I don't like critising refs the job is hard enough.

9 minutes ago, beestondog said:

The ref was inept. 

There were 2 penalties against Batley for incorrect players balls. Therefore Leigh played the ball correctly EVERYTIME!!!. 

Leigh player pushes Batley player and walks forward a yard....Edict from RL THIS WEEK.....NO pushing or walking forward at play the ball.....PENALTY for defending side. 

Both the referee and linesman were not fit for purpose.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

5 minutes ago, RogerT said:

That's putting it mildly

I'm trying very hard!!! I genuinely believe the first penalty at 12-18 changed the game as Leigh were not getting past our defence and we were settling. 

How do we get Steve Ganson to warch this performance?? The REFEREES I mean. 

Will gladly send him a DVD.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

He's the same every time we have him. He favours 1 team for 20 minutes then does a complete about face. Then once the game has gone he evens the penalty count up to make it look fair. 

End of the day, they were better than us, no complaints about that, however, not better by the margin that clown gave them. 14 points in the first half all came from bad decisions.

Hi there Colin my comment of "That's putting it mildly" was really meant as an answer to Beestondog.

Don't waste your time or DVD or money with Ganson I believe he would just throw it in the bin and laugh.

I had the pleasure of sitting in front of the time keeper so could hear his directions to the "ref" regarding the shot clock timings, and guess what, all taken after the 90 seconds was up. 

Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog.

3 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Hi there Colin my comment of "That's putting it mildly" was really meant as an answer to Beestondog.

Don't waste your time or DVD or money with Ganson I believe he would just throw it in the bin and laugh.

Roger T,  I was being polite, I don't swear on Sundays.

Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog.

First few exchanges we had Leigh rattled even without rowley they are a grubby self entitled outfit. Chirping at ref eventually won over ref along with a large biased and begging contingent.

I.thought our discipline was much better and the team tries at times were great to see. Also bring back the sean ricardson tip on at kick off

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

6 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

First few exchanges we had Leigh rattled even without rowley they are a grubby self entitled outfit. Chirping at ref eventually won over ref along with a large biased and begging contingent.

I.thought our discipline was much better and the team tries at times were great to see. Also bring back the sean ricardson tip on at kick off

We tried it and the Leigh player took Brearley out and didn’t even put it on report or sanction a penalty but he gave one against Joe Taria for not getting to his feet even though no effort was made lack of metres and players playing out of position took its toll 

Thought we were good today, maybe not good enough to win it but I’ll take that effort and application all day long. I thought we could have won it, but didn’t. 

One thing that puzzles me is how Leigh manage to build the same sort of team year in year out. Every year they’re the same. I’ve always liked Jake Emmet in years past, in a team packed full of bell ends he’s always seemed decent until today. 

It's like Leigh have a criteria list that every signing must conform to, in this order:

1. Be a massive dick head. 

2. Be a grub. 

3. Be ok at rugby. 

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

2 hours ago, colinb said:

There were 2 penalties against Batley for incorrect players balls. Therefore Leigh played the ball correctly EVERYTIME!!!. 

Leigh player pushes Batley player and walks forward a yard....Edict from RL THIS WEEK.....NO pushing or walking forward at play the ball.....PENALTY for defending side. 

Both the referee and linesman were not fit for purpose.

Those 'incorrect players balls' sound quite nasty Colin. I hope that he will be fit again before too long.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Agree on all points. I'd hoped there fall from Grace, money woes and loosing big time charlies including Rowley may of humbled them slightly with honest fair rugby.

Perhaps not.

Oh well until the next time derek b has a wobble and concentrates on decking rather than financing disasters eh.

One things for sure they are in a long line of promotion hopefuls

12 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Agree on all points. I'd hoped there fall from Grace, money woes and loosing big time charlies including Rowley may of humbled them slightly with honest fair rugby.

Perhaps not.

Oh well until the next time derek b has a wobble and concentrates on decking rather than financing disasters eh.

One things for sure they are in a long line of promotion hopefuls

We all know that Leigh are nothing more than a good Championship club, and that will never change.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We gave them far too much respect yesterday. Brierleys pace and attacking plays the difference, plus our goal line defence was not up to recent high standards.

In the first 20 minutes, taking the 2 (and missing it) always a sign to me that we don’t trust ourselves, even when we were rolling forward. And at that point the ref was in our favour with a couple of penalties, and them on the verge of a team warning.

Of course, they never got the team warning....he was waiting for us.

You’re  the only fans to say we are dirty grubs in the last 3 years. 

Must be Leigh’s fault you are where you are in the table, definitely not the players fault, they’re all victims just like you fans.

Grow up, you lost to a team put together on the same budget as you.

Archived