Batley v Leigh

Batley Bob

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

You’re  the only fans to say we are dirty grubs in the last 3 years. 

Must be Leigh’s fault you are where you are in the table, definitely not the players fault, they’re all victims just like you fans.

Grow up, you lost to a team put together on the same budget as you.

Touched a nerve?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, binosh said:

Must be Leigh’s fault you are where you are in the table, definitely not the players fault, they’re all victims just like you fans.

same budget as us, i don't think so, i will be very surprised if what we spent on players is not half of what Leigh spent on their players hence why you have got Brierley back even if only on loan as even Bulls couldn't afford to take him on loan

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

56 minutes ago, binosh said:

1. How do you know what our budget is? I doubt any of our players are on what Higham/Ridyard/Brierley/Douglas are on. 

2. No one has blamed Leigh for where we are in the table (please see other thread about Diskin). 

3. Most people I've spoken to admit we were beaten by the better side yesterday. It was obvious you had a bit too much for us. 

4. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

4 hours ago, binosh said:

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Do you honest believe that? . Leigh are once again amassing a team of players who only go there for money. Where it comes from is unknown as very very recently a plea went out for help. Its a recurring theme. 

Regards yesterday the win was deserved. More pace was the main reason so well done. 

But give me Batley any day. Own ground. Consistent. Welcoming. We accept where we are and enjoy the effort and sometimes the rewards of superb performances. Finances are in order . Players get paid. I will also suggest that several of your players are on 3 or 4 times what is Batleys maximum contract payment. 

Enjoy the rest of your season. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Surely it's got to be a nominee for try of the week.

Absolutely brilliant try - worth the admission money alone. Your third one was pretty good too!

As always, I enjoyed my visit to Mount Pleasant yesterday. Each time I visit, the stadium seems to have been improved in some way, and the superb beer garden is something you just won't see at the more modern stadia. I had the pleasure of sitting in front of some more 'senior' (like myself) Bulldogs' supporters, and we were agreed on most things, about the game, ref, etc. The better team, on the day, won. Next time, who knows?

Incidentally, one of the guys sitting behind me, was Jim Etty, your prop from the 1950's/60's. It was a real honour to meet him - I'm still in awe of players from that generation.

Just one thing to take issue on. Your 'official' match report states that Leigh are 'full time' They most definitely aren't. All the players have full time jobs, outside rugby league. Many are on apprenticeships, (something else from the 50's/60's I think!) as plumbers, electricians etc - looking to the time when they have to finish the game. I think the exceptions are Higham, who is on the coaching staff, and the full time Saints players (Douglas and Eaves yesterday) whose contracts are paid by their 'parent' clubs. When we lost narrowly at HKR, in the cup, ALL our squad had put in a day's work before travelling over the hill.

And, to finish on a positive - just £3 for my 14 year-old grandson, yesterday. Just how good is that?!

Binosh, your team's approach to the game has been the same for at least 5 years. Rowley coached it into you and it has stayed with you unfortunately. It's not sour grapes in the slightest, you were better but don't need the sniping and niggling and now that Brierley is back it will continue as he's always been a great exponent of it and will gave really perfected it via Giants and Toronto. 

Didn't the ref put one from both teams on report, we def: are no angels, I noticed the game was played at a faster pace and maybe the RL edict about trying to gain advantage at the ruck is starting to work, only time will tell.

23 hours ago, RogerT said:

I must point out I am for the first time agreeing with the Leigh fans chanting cheat, cheat the more the game went on his decisions got weirder and usually I don't like critising refs the job is hard enough.

The referee cheated, did he? Is that really what you are saying, or are you saying he was inept? They are two very, very different things.

52 minutes ago, cally said:

a leigh fan told me yesterday that brierley is only there for a month because at a grand a week thats all they can keep him for.

They've no money have they. Cough cough.??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, cally said:

a leigh fan told me yesterday that brierley is only there for a month because at a grand a week thats all they can keep him for.

It's just while full back McNally is out with his damaged cheekbone, then we go back to our Ridyard/Woods half back pairing

13 hours ago, binosh said:

If you really believe this then you are selectively deaf. I can't remember when your lot weren't a bunch of grubs - playing beyond the edge of acceptability seems to be a trait of the Leigh club, in which they revel.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't think Leigh were dirty at all, main difference was Brierley, he was class his pace way too much for us.

Just wish he hadn't arrived for this week, think it would have been a bit closer.

I was pleased with our effort, Everett and Ward in the middles were great.

I thought we missed gledhill & Lillycrop in the middle up the slope but efforts from everyone else was great 

I thought injuries took their toll with Reittie work rate, Brearley playing out of position and smeaton but hopefully we welcome players back soon than later 

16 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

The referee cheated, did he? Is that really what you are saying, or are you saying he was inept? They are two very, very different things.

I take it you were there NE, to pass judgement?

If not, buy the dvd from BISSA, it's worth a fiver of anyone's money for two of our tries on there own. It would also be worth buying it, together with Sheffield away game we played in the snow last season. See if you can spot the very obvious pattern in McMullen's decision making in both fixtures.

I think it is fair to say, a ref could blow something up at most ptbs and passages of play. It is the pre meditated and arbitrary nature of the things he gives which baffles. Things he has let go for hour or so from both sides, will suddenly become penalties, but only for one side.

I agree with Bat Lad's comments above regarding Brierley. I'd add Hood in the same bracket too, who's speed and passing was just too good for us. No complaints or doubt about it, they were a better side than us, but they didn't need McMullen's help to prove it. 

It was not all one way by any means,. In the first 10 minutes, he penalised them to death. If he had carried it on for the rest of the game, we'd have won by 40+ it was so badly officiated in our favour.

I pay to watch the players decide which is the better team. Sadly though, ref's are having more and more influence and becoming the biggest deciding factor in games. 

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I take it you were there NE, to pass judgement?

If not, buy the dvd from BISSA, it's worth a fiver of anyone's money for two of our tries on there own. It would also be worth buying it, together with Sheffield away game we played in the snow last season. See if you can spot the very obvious pattern in McMullen's decision making in both fixtures.

I think it is fair to say, a ref could blow something up at most ptbs and passages of play. It is the pre meditated and arbitrary nature of the things he gives which baffles. Things he has let go for hour or so from both sides, will suddenly become penalties, but only for one side.

I agree with Bat Lad's comments above regarding Brierley. I'd add Hood in the same bracket too, who's speed and passing was just too good for us. No complaints or doubt about it, they were a better side than us, but they didn't need McMullen's help to prove it. 

It was not all one way by any means,. In the first 10 minutes, he penalised them to death. If he had carried it on for the rest of the game, we'd have won by 40+ it was so badly officiated in our favour.

I pay to watch the players decide which is the better team. Sadly though, ref's are having more and more influence and becoming the biggest deciding factor in games. 

Why would I have to have been at a game to question someone who had been as to whether they felt that a professional referee had decided to deliberately cheat? I was asking whether Roger was making this public accusation, or whether his words were misplaced. Perhaps you can kindly point out to me where I passed judgement?

From my point of view, to directly accuse an official of cheating (rather than being inept, shortsighted, lacking experience etc) on a public forum is somewhat dangerous in today's world of litigation.

I wasn't at the game and, sadly, haven't felt compelled to attend a Batley game for some time unfortunately. 

I've seen one of the tries already, as you know. Cracker. 

I wasn't making the accusation it was the Leigh fans doing that and if I agreed with them then that's my prerogative.

Where I got miffed was his decisions certainly got weirder and I also said it's a tough job without the species getting on his back, I couldn't and wouldn't do it.

On the DVD's you can just hear the interchange between the officials.

On sunday what I liked was at half time the Leigh supporters swapped ends, not like Widnes fans that mainly stuck to the top end.

Irrespective of the result I personally thought it was a good match.

29 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Why would I have to have been at a game to question someone who had been as to whether they felt that a professional referee had decided to deliberately cheat? I was asking whether Roger was making this public accusation, or whether his words were misplaced. Perhaps you can kindly point out to me where I passed judgement?

From my point of view, to directly accuse an official of cheating (rather than being inept, shortsighted, lacking experience etc) on a public forum is somewhat dangerous in today's world of litigation.

I wasn't at the game and, sadly, haven't felt compelled to attend a Batley game for some time unfortunately. 

I've seen one of the tries already, as you know. Cracker. 

tell that to the 500 leigh fans shouting cheat  cheat  cheat in first 10 minutes fella. i would a gone for inept myself as some a decisions were baffling to say the least.he gave a knock on under sticks against us at play a ball when their player had it in his hand, all swings and roundabouts but i do wish refs would listen to the touchies more cos if not they tend to not bother chipping in after a few minutes and ref gets deeper in over his head. had love a few lady refs as am sure they wouldent get old manned as easy.   UP THE DOGGIES.

Archived