Rochdale Hornets are pointless

Just caught the very end of Pointless on Monday night and heard them mention Rochdale Hornets.

So I re-watched it on catch up yesterday.

Turned out that one of the options for the final question was "pioneering rugby teams" which they went for.

Question was: Any of the original 22 founder members of the rugby leaage, the 10 founder members of the Welsh rugby union or something about womens rugby union.

They went for rl and gave Rochdale Hornets, Hunslet and Swinton as answers.

Also mentioned Batley and disregarded Widnes because we are too famous (Top couple?)

Anyway, they took the money with Rochdale, Hunslet scored 1 point and Swinton was a wrong answer.

Batley would also have won the money.

Think there were seven pointless answers in total and they were right to disregard Widnes.

Wigan were the most popular anwer.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

I happened to be watching and immediately came up with Liversedge, Manningham and  Heckmondwike

The latter was obviously wrong (apparently only joined in time for the second season) but two Pointless answers wasn't too shady.

39 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I happened to be watching and immediately came up with Liversedge, Manningham and  Heckmondwike

The latter was obviously wrong (apparently only joined in time for the second season) but two Pointless answers wasn't too shady.

Manningham wasn’t pointless either, apparently.

I went for Liversedge, Broughton Rangers and Manningham. Bit surprised Manningham wasn't pointless, but I expect some random Bradford City supporter knew they started out as Manningham and were founder mmembers.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left