Next Workington Town coach?

Who do Town fans want as the next coach?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do Town fans want as the next coach?

• Oliver Wilkes
    • Alan Kilshaw
    • Chris Thornman
    • Steve McCormack
    • Carl Forster
    • Dennis Betts
    • Leon Pryce reinstated
    • Jason Payne
    • Any not listed

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who ever we get I would like to see them living in the area , and committed to the job . Is an Australian the answer  who could fetch some good players over with him  ,The likes of Mulligan Lomas Pickering .it would be great to get those type of players over, To work with an assistant to knows the BARLA amateur scene .Do we go with another high profile player ,who as contacts with a lot of players , Or do we give Wilkes the chance ,thats if he fancied ago  full time along with Penky  or Tickle , whatever is decided im sure the BOD will make the right decision .The club as made big strides in the last couple of year ,and the BOD must have had there reasons to act now, and replace Leon . So get behind the BOD and players as true Townies will always do .UTT FOREVER .

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I take it you haven't seen where Hornets are in the League then ?

Thank you! Wouldn't have him at any Pryce ?.  What intrigues me is the post that appeared in advance of the Good Friday game stating that Leon would be gone if we lost!?      And so it came to pass.........premonition or preordained.....?    

Either way if the North American proposals come to fruition we are decidedly in the last chance saloon .  Siht or bust is the expression I believe?   Local coach required while we all need to don our tin hats and dig in for the remainder of a very difficult promotion campaign. 

4 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Thank you! Wouldn't have him at any Pryce ?.  What intrigues me is the post that appeared in advance of the Good Friday game stating that Leon would be gone if we lost!?      And so it came to pass.........premonition or preordained.....?    

Either way if the North American proposals come to fruition we are decidedly in the last chance saloon .  Siht or bust is the expression I believe?   Local coach required while we all need to don our tin hats and dig in for the remainder of a very difficult promotion campaign. 

It intrigues me also, I know we're a close knit community but how do the jameaters know our business before we do? 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Can’t say I would be wildly keen on Forster either . Lots of baggage obviously from being down the road and never seemed to mind the odd comment on town on social media . I’d be looking elsewhere . To me apart from the old heads in the camp who can step up in the interim Thorman just seems more of an obvious choice .  He was really highly rated at Huddersfield . Also I thought Forster left to be closer to home , he has a job on his doorstep and I think his Twitter says theyve just had a baby . No idea but it would be a big turnaround . And I’ve seen Rochdale they were horrific

4 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Thorman will be keen as mustard to make up for lost time. Well respected, well connected, enthusiastic, experienced. Cant ask for much more

Funny scanning a couple of Huddersfield forums and how highly they speak of him . How he stepped in as coach in a mid season slump and steered the ship out of a crisis ...

42 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Because some people connected to the club are that small minded and need everyone to think they know what’s happening they can’t hold their own water.

5 minutes ago, townie88 said:

They were never made public. Whatever they were, he has been cleared of everything. And free to continue his career.

Yes , he decided to do it himself in heartfelt detail . Total exoneration on all fronts  , it was obviously a tough time for him and he’ll be eager to return to the game he loves 

Archived