Clarke signs to 2023 for wire

Great news.   Price has a young core of quality key players in pivotal positions lined up for the next few years.   With Widdop on the way to partner Austin we only need a couple of new forwards and we’ll be sorted.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Great news.   Price has a young core of quality key players in pivotal positions lined up for the next few years.   With Widdop on the way to partner Austin we only need a couple of new forwards and we’ll be sorted.

You’re confident in Widdop? Not a dig, he’s undoubtedly a good’un but he’s bust his shoulder three times in eight months. Do you reckon he’ll stay fit long enough then?

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You’re confident in Widdop? Not a dig, he’s undoubtedly a good’un but he’s bust his shoulder three times in eight months. Do you reckon he’ll stay fit long enough then?

Dunno, but we are lucky enough at Warrington that we can afford to take that risk, and there aren’t any better half backs around who would come over to SL.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see with the shoulder.   This surgery is the first ‘proper’ fix he’s getting for it so the odds are better but who knows? 

18 hours ago, DavidM said:

Really seems to have hit his straps again in recent times after a bit of a lull and looks at his damaging best again up the ruck 

The only lull he has ever had was in his first season at Wire when he struggled to fit in for six months. He has been a brilliant signing.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The only lull he has ever had was in his first season at Wire when he struggled to fit in for six months. He has been a brilliant signing.

Yeh sorry , poor wording that’s what I was getting it 

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Totally agree.   He’s highly rated yet IMO still underrated.   Opposition fans don’t get to see week in, week out just how much he does in all areas of gameplay.

His first season in 2015 was average, but the team as a whole played poorly that year.   Since then he’s been outstanding even in ‘the year we don’t talk about’ so I’m glad he’s seen us as the best option rather than the NRL.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Yeh sorry , poor wording that’s what I was getting it 

Fair play, I sometimes hear pundits lazily suggesting he is 'back to his best at last' when I think he has been performing at that level for a long time.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived