What's the funniest ever TV sketch/sitcom moment?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a sketch or sitcom, but definitely from a comedy show...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I stumbled upon this one a few weeks ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Del boy falling through the bar or the chandlier

Seen them far too many times now but they are so well put together.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Far too many to have a favourite but this is one of them, i nearly did myself an injury laughing at this...

Stand up Stewart Lee IMO is easily my favourite his ‘controversial’ take down of Top Gear is pretty much perfection

and as for Sit Coms

Fawlty Towers, the Hotel Inspectors and communication problems are pretty much 2 perfect 30minutes of comedy.

Seinfeld bar a few duff episodes is absolutely sublime 

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think that Seinfeld monologue was actually mainly improvised aswell? I could be wrong.

Just looked it up.

You're half right. It wasn't in the original script and was written by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld whilst the episode was being recorded. There was no time to rehearse it and what made the show was Jason Alexander's first take run through.

Now I live in Hastings I get to say "the sea is angry today, my friend" all the time. Never gets old. Not for me anyway.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Just looked it up.

You're half right. It wasn't in the original script and was written by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld whilst the episode was being recorded. There was no time to rehearse it and what made the show was Jason Alexander's first take run through.

Now I live in Hastings I get to say "the sea is angry today, my friend" all the time. Never gets old. Not for me anyway.

Ahh yes, I remember now, still a remarkable first take!

I'm due a rewatch of the whole of Seinfeld, I watched from beginning to end a few years ago when they put it all up on Amazon Prime. I love that it pretty much threw out tradition Sit Com writing, wasn't their mantra "No hugging, no learning" which was optimised when Geroge's wife dies from poisoning from licking the envelopes, the reaction was brilliantly cold.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Seen them far too many times now but they are so well put together.

Comedy gold . And they had to do it first time and were told in no uncertain terms not to laugh . Nicholas Lyndhurst could see the crew out the corner of his eye peeing themselves with laughter but used all his willpower to stop himself before they cut 

Harry Enfield as Joey the American actor who wants to change the script.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

THis one for me

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Archived