NRL emerging talent

I don’t watch as much NRL as some but have seen Cronulla a few times and a couple of players have really stood out as outstanding talents. 

Briton Nikora, the young kiwi second row, has bags of ability, great skill and pace for a 2nd row and deceptive footwork. Very much in the Joseph Tapine mould but perhaps with greater ability. Surely a future test player. He’s been outstanding for Cronulla this season and only 21 years of age.

Bronson Xerri. Already knew plenty about him, as this kid stood out in age divisions. Only 18 and destroyed DWZ on the outside last weekend. Not sure on his best position but very comfortable at centre. Very pacy and classy player. Was disappointed he didn’t feature in the Aussie Schoolboys tour at the end of 2018, he was named in the preliminary squad but I think Cronulla wanted him in their senior pre-season. 

Who else has shone?

They have a head start on us.  With brilliant  first names like Briton and Bronson we don't stand a chance.  We at the moment are still desperately trying to catch up with all the Brett's and Dallas' and now we get hit by this.  A national coach called Wayne does not compensate.

They are also getting in on the act with  surnames as well. I mean, how will we ever catch up with something like  Xerri? 

Check out David Fifita and Payne Haas for the Broncos. Haas has the most incredible motor I have ever seen. He can play 80 minutes in the front row.

new rise.jpg

Emre Guler is back on the Raiders bench. He looked good in the few games he played last year. Sitili Tupouniua has played 2 NRL games and he'll be on the bench today for the Roosters. Chanel Harris-Tavita at the Warriors has looked OK in his 3 games at 6.

2 hours ago, Pulga said:

Check out David Fifita and Payne Haas for the Broncos. Haas has the most incredible motor I have ever seen. He can play 80 minutes in the front row.

Saw them both come through last year, very impressive, particularly Fifita. Broncos have been poor this year though 

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Emre Guler is back on the Raiders bench. He looked good in the few games he played last year. Sitili Tupouniua has played 2 NRL games and he'll be on the bench today for the Roosters. Chanel Harris-Tavita at the Warriors has looked OK in his 3 games at 6.

Haven’t come across Guler, what position does he play? 

Sitili had a very impressive game against Melbourne, first time I’d seen him. 

Yeah Harris-Tavita looks decent too.

Parramatta look to have some good young kids coming through 

28 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Just watched a player called Zac Lomax play for St George-illawarra and if he doesn't end up playing for Australia if he stays fit and healthy i will be amazed.

Good talent isn’t he, needs to fill out a bit but very talented 

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Just watched a player called Zac Lomax play for St George-illawarra and if he doesn't end up playing for Australia if he stays fit and healthy i will be amazed.

Good prospect but can get a bit bullied physically . No doubt will strengthen up and he has the raw material and kicks goals 

Well, in the Storm/Warriors game that's just finished, NZ had a young player called Patrick Herbert who got the commentators in a very complimentary mood.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

They have a head start on us.  With brilliant  first names like Briton and Bronson we don't stand a chance.  We at the moment are still desperately trying to catch up with all the Brett's and Dallas' and now we get hit by this.  A national coach called Wayne does not compensate.

They are also getting in on the act with  surnames as well. I mean, how will we ever catch up with something like  Xerri? 

Inspired wit! I thought it was Oxy. More, more, more! please?

9 hours ago, Pulga said:

John Millington use to play 80mins , back in the day .

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Well, in the Storm/Warriors game that's just finished, NZ had a young player called Patrick Herbert who got the commentators in a very complimentary mood.

He was awesome. Someone should double-check his birth certificate as he looks a lot older than 22. 

5 hours ago, Southerner said:

Not sure he’s classed as a rookie (23 yo) but I like watching new Canberra FB Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Hes a class act and tough as nails too. Very good player to watch.

48 minutes ago, Rage said:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Chanel Harris-Tavita from the NZ Warriors. 

On 25/04/2019 at 14:40, Farmduck said:

Yeah, nobody.

On 25/04/2019 at 17:05, DoubleD said:

Haven’t come across Guler, what position does he play? 

Sitili had a very impressive game against Melbourne, first time I’d seen him. 

Yeah Harris-Tavita looks decent too.

Parramatta look to have some good young kids coming through 

Archived