Whats going on back home ??

yanto

8 minutes ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

4 x £15 = £60 Couldn't your friends all go in together and sort the finances out when they got in even if they only had £50 notes surely the gate had plenty of £10 & £20 notes probably not real supporters. 

My thoughts exactly

3 hours ago, townie88 said:

It's not a bit of wonder people are reluctant to step on to the board and offer what help they can when fans/ex players/ex directors as all to eager to be overly critical. 

Anyone who helps, volunteers, manages at our club should be met with the respect they deserve instead of pi king fault

If your having a little dig at me as the "ex player" then ye its concerning what has gone on over the last few weeks regrading the results the coach and other things.

Not "eager to be over ctitical"  or picking fault as I have know Helen for years and respect the support her and others have given over a very long time.

I was just asking why a group of ladies who work hard to provide a little extra income for the club and the players have suddenly called it a day.

Nowt sinister or over critical in that.

As it is I have had a response by pm so I will leave it at that .

** I responded earlier but it does not seem to have been published.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

June Kennedy was a great servant to the club for many years and it was surely her decision to retire was it not?? 

I'm sure Spike was just refuting the claim that June wasn't got rid of if that's who Timberman was meaning she did retire and it would be  difficult to replace someone with that much  knowledge of the club. 

6 hours ago, thetimberman said:

Seeing as the  issue like the no change at the turnstile happened whilst i was there it cannot be garbage, and as a fellow of the institute of occupational health and safety i was asked for my input from an ex director as to how to solve the safety cert issue....but hey ho.....keep them tose tinted glasses clean......no gain to me to cause trouble, the club has cost me a small fortune over the years, and may again if bad management causes financial issues. 

Exactly my point an x director! , I'm sure the club can't wait for your financial input.

4 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Actually Sandy he is not a shareholder but is an x director.

As he has already stated he is a shareholder ,a sponsor and a previous donor to the club's coffers . Some previous directors put money into the Town cause never expecting to get it back and in most cases they didn't!  Having been involved in Town's long and often turbulent history there are former directors who I have only negative opinions of --- this guy isn't one of them. 

8 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

As he has already stated he is a shareholder ,a sponsor and a previous donor to the club's coffers . Some previous directors put money into the Town cause never expecting to get it back and in most cases they didn't!  Having been involved in Town's long and often turbulent history there are former directors who I have only negative opinions of --- this guy isn't one of them. 

Crossed wires I'm afraid .

18 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

A sponsor?

Thanks all for your input and advice folks, really my point was as this change issue happened at two turnstiles where people in my group entered how many more folks saved a fiver due to the change issue, and yes i am a share holder, who never expects to get a penny from this investment, but as a share holder an entitled to keep an eye on my share holding, also, as i work as a H and S and management consultant i ask the question, if cockups like this happen in the management of the club what else is poorly managed, as in my experience if a company cannot get a basic thing like enough float money organised what else is lacking in there management. And that gents is my last words suffice to say i would not expect the same issue to happen again.

58 minutes ago, thetimberman said:

Thanks all for your input and advice folks, really my point was as this change issue happened at two turnstiles where people in my group entered how many more folks saved a fiver due to the change issue, and yes i am a share holder, who never expects to get a penny from this investment, but as a share holder an entitled to keep an eye on my share holding, also, as i work as a H and S and management consultant i ask the question, if cockups like this happen in the management of the club what else is poorly managed, as in my experience if a company cannot get a basic thing like enough float money organised what else is lacking in there management. And that gents is my last words suffice to say i would not expect the same issue to happen again.

I repeat in your position of shareholder why didn't you inform the office or club together and pay the right money? Or even better get the £5 later and hand it in?.

You also seemed to have forgotten about the serious matter regarding the safety certificate that the X director who wanted your advice on?  The dereliction of duty by the X director that you tried to pin on the existing board!!

I suggest if you want to jump on the x director , I was Leons friend brigade check your information first.

48 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

I repeat in your position of shareholder why didn't you inform the office or club together and pay the right money? Or even better get the £5 later and hand it in?.

Think you are totally missing the point being raised, why should people have to run around sorting out £5 because the club isn't prepared with enough change?

Not really, if this did happen and I say if ,why didn't a shareholder, sponsor, money lender , lifelong supporter of our great club not do anything other than wait until now , then bring it up to beat the club with?

55 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Not really, if this did happen and I say if ,why didn't a shareholder, sponsor, money lender , lifelong supporter of our great club not do anything other than wait until now , then bring it up to beat the club with?

It will be 100% correct, I imagine it was brought up to highlight an area where the club could improve,  but you have your view and nothing is going to change that, so no point in continuing the discussion.   

Archived