NRL 2019 - Round 7 - Match Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roosters: A late change, with Latrell Mitchell moving back to his preferred centre position and Lachlan Lam promoted from the bench to the starting side. Jake Friend got through his side's final training session and will play, while Siosiua Taukeiaho (back) is also good to go. Victor Radley was switched to lock to allow Friend to return in his customary hooker role. Lindsay Collins and Sam Verrills were cut an hour prior to kick-off, while Faamausili and Brock Lamb were omitted on Wednesday.

Dragons: After initially naming the same 17-man team that beat Manly 12-10, coach Paul McGregor has made a surprise game-day change, moving Mikaele Ravalawa and Blake Lawrie to the bench. Zac Lomax will start on the wing, while Jacob Host is the new starting lock. Jai Field and Mitch Allgood were cut an hour before kick-off and Lachlan Timm and Jonus Pearsion were omitted on Wednesday. The Dragons hold bragging rights after a 24-8 triumph over the Roosters in last year's Anzac Day clash.

38min: Tedesco runs 80m on kick return and pulled down on 10m line.  A bit of obstruction in the lead-up

1 minute later Roosters get a penalty. Latrell misses.

HT:   Chooks  14    St George   0

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

38min: Tedesco runs 80m on kick return and pulled down on 10m line.  A bit of obstruction in the lead-up

1 minute later Roosters get a penalty. Latrell misses.

HT:   Chooks  14    St George   0

Justice for me as clearly Friend obstructed the Dragons player and it should have been a penalty to the Dragons. Roosters looking good, but last week they struggled in the second half last week. Dragons need to dominate possession. Also a Try would help early doors

5 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Justice for me as clearly Friend obstructed the Dragons player and it should have been a penalty to the Dragons. Roosters looking good, but last week they struggled in the second half last week. Dragons need to dominate possession. Also a Try would help early doors

I agree but it's still bad work from the kick chase. If McInnes wasn't obstructed there was no guarantee he would have got Teddy and there's was nobody else around. I thought that was why Norman kicked for touch early in the game. To avoid giving Teddy the ball with a bit of space. 

Game's not over and if Dragons play smart they could still get the chocolates.

Archived