Highlights Leigh V Dewsbury

RPH

Highlights Leigh V Dewsbury

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Thanks RPH.

It looks like this forum is slowly dying, there are now so few posts.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks RPH.

It looks like this forum is slowly dying, there are now so few posts.

Guessing it will take some time for many of us to recover from Good Friday.  

It would appear that most of the banter has deferred to the barmy army site!  ... for me I like the exposure and cross club exchanges afforded by this site ... not so safe as the facebook site!  ... We are playing badly at the moment and its easy to share with like minds ..not so easy to share with opposing teams fans!

Perhaps, BSJ, people are abiding by the old adage.......... "If you can;t say something good, don't say anything"

There's not much good happening right now, is there ??      Performances are poor, we're bringing in different loan players every week, we got beaten (and bullied) by Batley......... and the info on players' injury progress (e.g. Sykes) appears non-existent from the club..... Paying spectators like to know what's going on but we're being given the Mushroom treatment again.............. Deja vu  ?????

10 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Perhaps, BSJ, people are abiding by the old adage.......... "If you can;t say something good, don't say anything"

There's not much good happening right now, is there ??      Performances are poor, we're bringing in different loan players every week, we got beaten (and bullied) by Batley......... and the info on players' injury progress (e.g. Sykes) appears non-existent from the club..... Paying spectators like to know what's going on but we're being given the Mushroom treatment again.............. Deja vu  ?????

Spot on 73 - said I'd refrain from posting negative comments at the beginning of the season, and I have. In the absence of anything positive, that leaves nothing to post about. Add to that, the RFL's unerring ability to match Rams home fixtures with my holidays and other commitments, and the club's insistence on messing about with match days and kick off  times, has meant I've only seen two home matches this season, which leaves me unqualified to comment about performances. In the meantime, I content myself with looking up our latest loanee on the internet to see which position in the back row he plays. Not sure I like the way the club is going in this respect, or how it's going to help fulfil LG's mission statement of avoiding relegation, and building a team for next year. Sadly, maybe BSJ is right about the forum simply dying.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

12 hours ago, Therein73 said:

You can feel the apathy around the club at the moment. I was all for increased prices this season but I expect value for money. Spent £50 on a beautiful Good Friday evening to be bored to tears. I don't ever watch soaps but I am sure I would have got more value out of watching Emmerdale and Coronation Street. Entertainment is currently zero and we have also seemed to take a backward step, imo, with regard to our commercial/media presence. The old "We ain't spending what we haven't got" line is starting to wear a bit thin now along with "There are no quality players available". Lets start to see some ambition at the club and sing it from the rooftops otherwise it might just be that the die hards will start to say " I am not spending what I haven't got". Two way street.

I'm finding it difficult to post,the lack of enthusiasm round the fan base is extremely worrying...but it's understandable how the team is playing,were told were not having dual reg then ship in hooley and annakin there apparently on loan,which has seen annakin back at Wakefield as cover, despite Wakefield having injury's they ship Ben Reynolds to Featherstone who in turn loan Watson boas to Doncaster,the game is fooooked ,fubar a more PC way of putting it....the loans ,dual reg,one month,season long have got to stop...running small squads getting the loans in ..you can see how disillusioned it's become.. Dewsbury fans can't be ar.sed to turn up here nevermind the ground ...a worrying decline.

My role with the club at the moment is maintaining the 'back end' of the website and writing the odd match report for Steven to upload, so I can't comment on the media output and communication. I'm not involved at all with that.

So I'm unsure about the ins and outs regarding loans and dual-reg... but I don't blame Lee at all for bringing them in.

He came into the club very late after Neil eventually informed the club he couldn't continue. We were very far behind with recruitment for that reason, coupled with the fact that three of our best players from the past couple of years had left before he arrived.

Most of the lads available to recruit who were within our budget weren't Championship standard. 

We've uncovered a gem in Tom Garratt (from Siddal), and Cameron Leeming and Andy Garbriel (both from Keighley in administration) have shown glimpses.

I think Simon Brown and Jordan Andrade have proven useful acquisitions too, but we're overall very thin on Championship quality.

His plans haven't been helped by the RFL's refusal to sanction a request to organise Reserves-grade matches outside of the formal league structure. That's made it very tough for us to develop the younger players we've brought in who, while not Championship quality, could be in years to come.

Lee sees his players train three times a week and I trust him to know whether or not he has a 17 capable of competing in the Championship.

It's clear that he doesn't think he has that at the moment, so if there are opportunities for him to strengthen externally then I expect him to do that. I don't expect him to name a squad that he doesn't think is good enough to win matches.

Despite the positive start to the year, the objective this year has to be to survive. Lee deserves the chance to build a squad over a few years.

Tom

On 26/04/2019 at 09:39, grumpyoldram said:

Add to that, the RFL's unerring ability to match Rams home fixtures with my holidays and other commitments, and the club's insistence on messing about with match days and kick off  times, has meant I've only seen two home matches this season, which leaves me unqualified to comment about performances.

But every home match so far this season, aside from the traditional Good Friday fixture, has been played on Sunday at 3.00pm. ?

Tom

9 minutes ago, Tom Coates said:

But every home match so far this season, aside from the traditional Good Friday fixture, has been played on Sunday at 3.00pm. ?

It's more the night fixtures that are difficult like GF - oh, and the next home fixture is Saturday, so that's two matches out of four. I don't blame the club for my holiday bookings though.:kolobok_wink:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

23 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

It's more the night fixtures that are difficult like GF - oh, and the next home fixture is Saturday, so that's two matches out of four. I don't blame the club for my holiday bookings though.:kolobok_wink:

Get it spent Grumpy, you can't take it with you.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

The Toulouse game is actually on a Saturday because all of their away games are. It's to do with their flights, I think.

Tom

16 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Here’s a man talking from experience ?

Not finished yet........

Archived