28 Apr: SL: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 3pm

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/19 at 14:00

Match thread

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Fred Ah Kuoi is finally settling in and ready to take the Wakey halves on.

Hull FC 29 v 24 Wakey

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

If Hull have any aspirations to win anything this year then they have to win this. At home, key players rested on Monday, Wakefield with a lot of injuries, chance to go 3rd. 

Hull 34 - 24 Wakefield

2 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Looks like Fred Ah Kuoi is finally settling in and ready to take the Wakey halves on.

Hull FC 29 v 24 Wakey

He’s been playing well enough to see the HDM include him.  They’ve said Minichiello is out through having a knock and then named him in the group.  

Wakey well favourites for this on form, imo, but get 8 points start for an even money bet.  Not sure I’d like giving them 8 start!

3 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Hull FC 29 v 24 Wakey

His nephew Isaac plays for Skolars

I've voted us for the win but we could be great or we could be dog ###### and a game we could easily lose by plenty. Wakey are proving to be no mugs and a very decent top 4/5 team. I don't know Wakey's injury situation but they had a fair few out after the Wigan match so I've no idea what team we are up against

Loads of points, Hull 38 - 34 Wakefield

9 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Will struggle with all the injuries and busy Easter period, we will give our all but can’t see anything other than a big Hull win.

Up the Trin 

Hoping its not a big Hull win as the team isn't that weak anymore with the return of Wood and Randall but I do see a Hull win. Much as this team continues to surprise with unlikely wins this one may be a bridge to far. Also Hull must have 70+ thrashing they want to make amends for or thats what I'd be hoping for if I were a Hull fan.

Hull seem an especially inconsistent bunch.  Positioned ok in the league despite those really bad losses. 

I'll go Hull with home advantage and  Wakefield still missing key players.

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Hoping its not a big Hull win as the team isn't that weak anymore with the return of Wood and Randall but I do see a Hull win. Much as this team continues to surprise with unlikely wins this one may be a bridge to far. Also Hull must have 70+ thrashing they want to make amends for or thats what I'd be hoping for if I were a Hull fan.

I'm not sure the thrashing you gave us last year will be a factor tbf. We thought we were going out to make amends when we played Warrington and we were pathetic that night. Also played you already this year and you won pretty handily. There isn't much rhyme or reason to our performances.

My main concern in this game is big Dave and Pauli. If we keep a handle on them then I am sure we will win, but they always seem to run riot against us.

14 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Hull seem an especially inconsistent bunch.  Positioned ok in the league despite those really bad losses. 

I'll go Hull with home advantage and  Wakefield still missing key players.

I think the big losses have probably skewed everyone's perception of Hull a bit. 

We have after all won 7 lost 5 (same record as Wakefield, Cas and Catalans), and one of those defeats was due to a speculative kick in the last play that we didn't deal with. I think had those big losses not been quite so bad, say 20 points, then more people would be saying that we are going along ok.

That's not to say we are great by any means. But there have been comments about it being dark times in Hull and that's really not the case, we are there or thereabouts.

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

Hull by 12+. Wakefield were lucky to beat a poor Rhinos team.

The more this current Wakefield squad play together the luckier they become.  Strange.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

A much stronger Hull squad than went to Saints last Monday :

Hull FC: Bureta Faraimo, Carlos Tuimavave, Josh Griffin, Albert Kelly, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Danny Houghton, Dean Hadley, Joe Westerman, Jake Connor, Chris Green, Masi Matongo, Brad Fash, Sika Manu, Mickey Paea, Jack Logan, Danny Washbrook, Gareth Ellis, Connor Wynne.

Even though it's only 5 changes, the inclusion of Ellis and Houghton will make a huge difference.

Still not very confident, although Wakey are missing a few, they seem to be very lucky* in gaining wins so this will be a tough task for us.

Hoping we can sneak it and move into......third?!?! ?

(* Copyright Loiner. ?)

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

On 26/04/2019 at 14:37, Lowdesert said:

He’s been playing well enough to see the HDM include him.  They’ve said Minichiello is out through having a knock and then named him in the group.  

Wakey well favourites for this on form, imo, but get 8 points start for an even money bet.  Not sure I’d like giving them 8 start!

Really surprised by that. Wakefield look a very good bet at +8. Chris Chester and his team seem to have the measure of us going by recent meetings.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Been on radio humberside seems like Leeds hkr game will be getting priority. Anyone know where else I can get live coverage

If you go on the BBC sport rugby league page there is commentary from Humberside via there. You will have to put up with Gwillym Lloyd, but beggars can't be choosers.

6-0 Hull btw. Kelly try.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

If you go on the BBC sport rugby league page there is commentary from Humberside via there. You will have to put up with Gwillym Lloyd, but beggars can't be choosers.

6-0 Hull btw. Kelly try.

When I posted this I had forgotten just what a bad commentator he was. Anyone who is now listening because of me posting this I can only apologise.

22-10 to Hull now.

Westerman gets his 2nd try made by Kelly (incredible scoring form this year).

28-10 with about 20 minutes to go.

I would say game over, but we have seen Wakefield have some stirring late fightbacks lately. I will happier if we get another one.

Archived