Members meeting

boro hornet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, RLNew said:

Think we were all led to believe Matt would be in charge today 

I believe only one poster, currently invisible, was adamant that this was so.  The rest was speculation, based mostly on preference or alleged insider knowledge.   There has not been an official statement to my knowledge on the coaching situation, other than Greenwood being put in temporary charge, well at least for the Bradford game.  Without facts it is unwise to speculate on possible employment issues.  I agree some clarity should be forthcoming, sooner rather than later, to halt the speculation and lift the fans for crucial games ahead.  With the temporary board now in-situ matters should, I hope, escalate.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

I believe only one poster, currently invisible, was adamant that this was so.  The rest was speculation, based mostly on preference or alleged insider knowledge.   There has not been an official statement to my knowledge on the coaching situation, other than Greenwood being put in temporary charge, well at least for the Bradford game.  Without facts it is unwise to speculate on possible employment issues.  I agree some clarity should be forthcoming, sooner rather than later, to halt the speculation and lift the fans for crucial games ahead.  With the temporary board now in-situ matters should, I hope, escalate.

All I want to know is who is on the temporary board and what are their roles? and is there finance being pumped into the club?. Not an unreasonable request, everything at Hornets seems to be subjudicy, not every supporter is a member.

8 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

All I want to know is who is on the temporary board and what are their roles? and is there finance being pumped into the club?. Not an unreasonable request, everything at Hornets seems to be subjudicy, not every supporter is a member.

Then if you are not a member, you have no right to know....simples.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

9 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Not a surprising reply.that sums up all that is wrong with Rochdale Hornets, a closed shop.run by clandestine members, is every supporter a member? I think not .No wonder rumours are abound, whatever happened to the days of a board of directors appearing in a club programme.....another extinct relic

3 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

If you'd have been at the meeting you could have put yourself forward to actually be on the interim board and also pumped in some finance yourself, even if was only the £40 membership fee.

As I understand it 10 new people did join on the night bringing a nice £400 bonus for the club.

As the new interim board have only been in place a dog watch I think it's reasonable not to expect too much too soon.

5 hours ago, RLfan99 said:

Just giving my opinion. Read forums for long enough. 

If that’s ok with you shoelaces? ?

I look at it like this. In every walk of life there are the people who want to be part of the solution and the people who want to be part of the problem. Speaking for myself I want to be part of the solution. How about you ?

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you'd have been at the meeting you could have put yourself forward to actually be on the interim board and also pumped in some finance yourself, even if was only the £40 membership fee.

As I understand it 10 new people did join on the night bringing a nice £400 bonus for the club.

As the new interim board have only been in place a dog watch I think it's reasonable not to expect too much too soon.

It's all about money then? I have previously asked how to become a member and just got vague replys. Still doesn't answer the question of those supporters who can't afford to pay £40 but still want to know what the st up of the current board is

37 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

It's all about money then? I have previously asked how to become a member and just got vague replys. Still doesn't answer the question of those supporters who can't afford to pay £40 but still want to know what the st up of the current board is

Given the shoestring Hornets obviously operate on money is crucial. I only go on this " Social Media " forum so I don't know what information is available elsewhere. There should be some coverage in the " Observer " on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Given the shoestring Hornets obviously operate on money is crucial. I only go on this " Social Media " forum so I don't know what information is available elsewhere. There should be some coverage in the " Observer " on Saturday.

Absolutely no chance of that!!!!! Rochdale   Hockey team thirds get more coverage than Hornets in the Observer

9 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Well if the club dont want to engage with joe public, potential suporters or even casual spectators, nor do they want to enable them to become members I worry seriously about the future of the club. 

Thats an appaling attitude. Membership is about having a say in how the club is run, not being the only folks to have access to basic information about the club.

And you wonder why folks are being turned off.

Just ring the club for membership. Its £40 for 12 month or silver membership is £10 a month which i pay through standing order. I dont know the gold fee. You dont get anything for your money except a vote on any members meeting and discount in the club shop. This gives the club a steady income as against a game being cancelled and no income so the mire members the better. At the moment there seems to me a power struggle going on, hopefully this will now be resolved. My reason for assuming this is the way the two peole who held the members meeting seemed aggressive toward the Chairman, not just my opinion. Everyone wants Hornets to thrive and unity is the only way. 

22 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

Just ring the club for membership. Its £40 for 12 month or silver membership is £10 a month which i pay through standing order. I dont know the gold fee. You dont get anything for your money except a vote on any members meeting and discount in the club shop. This gives the club a steady income as against a game being cancelled and no income so the mire members the better. At the moment there seems to me a power struggle going on, hopefully this will now be resolved. My reason for assuming this is the way the two peole who held the members meeting seemed aggressive toward the Chairman, not just my opinion. Everyone wants Hornets to thrive and unity is the only way. 

You are quite right it is not just you that came away from the meeting disgusted at the disgraceful way that the Chairman was treated - bullying - and an investigation should be held - but not an internal cover up.

6 hours ago, shadrak said:

I also agree, both of them not only disrespected the chairman, but Durant showed a complete lack of respect for the guy who has bankrolled the club for the last ten years, commenting "WHO'S HE"

whos Durant? is he going to give Hornets 170,000 pounds ?.

10 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

Thank you for that information, much appreciated

2 hours ago, cretanhornet said:

whos Durant? is he going to give Hornets 170,000 pounds ?.

He is the team manager, as an employee of the club, I don't understand how he is allowed to get involved with board matters?  If he is also a paying member, then surely there is some conflict of interest. Really sad to hear of his disrespect toward the Chairman and Paul Ormerod.

25 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

He's better off out of it, whatever you think of him he has served Hornets well over the years and deserves respect.

Without doubt. Always came across well and done right by the club. Would be interesting to see what’s really gone on behind the scenes, might have to pay £40 to find out though ?

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

He is the team manager, as an employee of the club, I don't understand how he is allowed to get involved with board matters?  If he is also a paying member, then surely there is some conflict of interest. Really sad to hear of his disrespect toward the Chairman and Paul Ormerod.

I of course know who he is ,but like yourself thought him very disrespectful with out Paul’s input I don’t think we would be having this discussion,

22 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Absolutely no chance of that!!!!! Rochdale   Hockey team thirds get more coverage than Hornets in the Observer

Nothing wrong with that Atheticgrounds ( thanks for the mention though ) Just two mens teams and a ladies one.

beanie2.jpg.PNG

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

Archived