Members meeting

boro hornet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps is now high time to differentiate a Volunteer from a Director. Both are vital to the success of the club but it is high time that a Director of Hornets was asked to part with some of the good old Queens currency.  There should be a minimum levy asked, not an astronomical amount but certainly one that fits the title Director. Otherwise Volunteers are called Directors and that is where the financial problems of the club can be traced back to.

Without the brilliant backing of PO that the venture would have died years ago - lets start to see some cash.

That'd mean changing the existing model of the club structure. Apart from you I don't think anyone else is advocating this so I wouldn't expect the members to vote for it. There's nothing to stop anyone putting money into the club without wanting to be a Billy Bigboots. Paul Ormerod puts thousands into the club without expecting any special treatment. The " volunteers " are pretty vital to the running of the club and I think it wouldn't be in the clubs interests to alienate them.

It'd be going back to the old " Sunday Club " way of running the club were only the " Ten Bob Millionaires " had any say in how the club was run. Look how that ended !

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That'd mean changing the existing model of the club structure. Apart from you I don't think anyone else is advocating this so I wouldn't expect the members to vote for it. There's nothing to stop anyone putting money into the club without wanting to be a Billy Bigboots. Paul Ormerod puts thousands into the club without expecting any special treatment. The " volunteers " are pretty vital to the running of the club and I think it wouldn't be in the clubs interests to alienate them.

It'd be going back to the old " Sunday Club " way of running the club were only the " Ten Bob Millionaires " had any say in how the club was run. Look how that ended !

Sunday club it may have been but the quality of Rugby League was far superior,under their stewardship. What worries me is the shananagans that apparently went on at the members meeting and that have already been aired on this site, do no credit for this type of setup .Being disrespectful to people who have worked hard to sustain the club,in my opinion is appalling. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Paul Ormerod is a 'one off'. How many others would be prepared to fund a club such as this, or any club come to think of it, without recompense and facing a situation of having an equal share with hundreds of others when it comes to 'running the club'.  

It's quite obvious that putting whatever amount of money in is not a going concern for anyone out to make a profit. Why shouldn't anyone who does have the right to directorship.

Even when the original Co-op was founded, it was quite obvious that it was never possible to take out more than was put in.

2 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Sunday club it may have been but the quality of Rugby League was far superior,under their stewardship. What worries me is the shananagans that apparently went on at the members meeting and that have already been aired on this site, do no credit for this type of setup .Being disrespectful to people who have worked hard to sustain the club,in my opinion is appalling. 

There's no " might have been " regarding the " Sunday Club " matey, that's exactly what it was and they managed to blow the " Morrison's Money " and the " Sky Money " whilst they were running the club.

Anybody know what happened to the £600,000 of the " Morrison's Money " that was supposed to be held in trust ?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's no " might have been " regarding the " Sunday Club " matey, that's exactly what it was and they managed to blow the " Morrison's Money " and the " Sky Money " whilst they were running the club.

Anybody know what happened to the £600,000 of the " Morrison's Money " that was supposed to be held in trust ?

It was an expensive Sunday club Tyrone 

I'm not questioning anybody's commitment to the club. However what I put into the club is between me and the club. It's not a " my dick's bigger than your dick " contest. If a pensioner elects to pay full admittance instead of a concession that's his or her way of contributing.

In the past there were freeloading " supporters " who didn't contribute at all. 

My dick is smaller than most so I have no competition there

we are Rochdale Hornets people - what can you give not what can you take 

let’s resurrect the big spending Sunday club  

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not questioning anybody's commitment to the club. However what I put into the club is between me and the club. It's not a " my dick's bigger than your dick " contest. If a pensioner elects to pay full admittance instead of a concession that's his or her way of contributing.

There were also directors who put thousands in and were quite rightly given life membership only to find it withdrawn by the present set up.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Can you give owt John? 

1 minute ago, Athleticgrounds said:

There were also directors who put thousands in and were quite rightly given life membership only to find it withdrawn by the present set up.

Completely agree the list I wouldn’t want to name 

Fair play to Paul £170K into a member run club is some commitment.  I cant see anyone else filling that shortfall especially with the stadium now in the hands of the football club.  Interesting personalities being brought back into the same bath water.

Archived