Halifax coach going.

jamescolin

21 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Saw a note saying he was going at end of season. Thought he had done alright for Halifax. Marshall isn't it?

he's left now by mutual consent grix in charge sunday

13 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

That clarifies it POR. I wonder why, he has been quite successful for Halifax compared with other coaches in our league.

bod said not renew contract at end of season so he's done a runnner

52 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

He’s done well for Halifax even though Oxy said he wanted him to go. Can’t see him being away from the game too long.

Turns out I wern't the only one. Just natural progression for Grix to be the next coach. I really can't see where Marshall could end up really as a lot of the problems at the club are stuff where you might say he would end up a good assistant like man management, interaction with the players etc etc. He needs a really good support team around him which he has had at Fax and Im not sure where else he might get that outside SL. I can't see a SL team taking a punt on him for a head coach job because its obvious that something is not right when little old Halifax decide not to retain a coach who seems to have a lot of fans around the game.

From an outsider's POV, it's very difficult to say where the blame lies, but the one thing that stands out to me is how anonymous the Halifax board is. I mean, when people who follow the Championship think about Fev they probably know that Mark Campbell is our Chairman and plenty will know about Davide Longo being the CEO, same as plenty will know about Kev Nicholas at Batley, Mark Sawyer at Dewsbury, Andrew Chalmers at Bradford, Andy Mazey at Swinton - I bet these are names that many readers of this board will know or at least be familiar with - but how many would be able to name the Halifax chairman?  I follow Championship rugby more closely than most, but I know the names of some of the people involved with their supporters' clubs but not the chairman, how weird is that?

Marshall seemed a likeable bloke, and achieved some very good results given his budgets, but it's very hard to tell from the outside why Halifax haven't kicked on.

Fax still can't come to terms with the fact that they are a Championship club with no hopes of being anything more. Marshall achieved more than he should have been able to, given the limited resources at his disposal. Their fans seem to be highly critical of him, yet have never really had to put up with a really ###### coach, like most other clubs; one that will leave them pining for the Marshall years.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

From an outsider's POV, it's very difficult to say where the blame lies, but the one thing that stands out to me is how anonymous the Halifax board is. I mean, when people who follow the Championship think about Fev they probably know that Mark Campbell is our Chairman and plenty will know about Davide Longo being the CEO, same as plenty will know about Kev Nicholas at Batley, Mark Sawyer at Dewsbury, Andrew Chalmers at Bradford, Andy Mazey at Swinton - I bet these are names that many readers of this board will know or at least be familiar with - but how many would be able to name the Halifax chairman?  I follow Championship rugby more closely than most, but I know the names of some of the people involved with their supporters' clubs but not the chairman, how weird is that?

Marshall seemed a likeable bloke, and achieved some very good results given his budgets, but it's very hard to tell from the outside why Halifax haven't kicked on.

Following on from that, to at least it's equally interesting is that they are one of the few that appear to actually have more than one person running the club, rather than a sole individual. Why do so many Championship clubs appear to have a board of one? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Very harsh on him to be fair, fax punched above there weight last few years, due to Marshall building a strong team spirit amongst his players, they arent big spenders, but he built that togetherness, they didnt do anything special, but did the basics really well and were hard to beat. Hes made good use of the reserve side quite a few good lads stepped up to 1st team, they seem to have gone bit stale this seson, murrell not the same player that they have relied heavily on for the past few seasons, few other top players seem to have a bad attitude aswell as been well overweight. Heard Grix and Murrell taking over, to knowledgable players, but been team mates with the team last few years and been 2 of the players that are overweight not playing to there potential, are they really a good example to the players? Think hes been pushed by the players to be fair, who have stopped playing for him, how much influence grix and murrell have had on that i dont know, but quite conveniant as there coming to the end of there playing careers.

4 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Very harsh on him to be fair, fax punched above there weight last few years, due to Marshall building a strong team spirit amongst his players, they arent big spenders, but he built that togetherness, they didnt do anything special, but did the basics really well and were hard to beat. Hes made good use of the reserve side quite a few good lads stepped up to 1st team, they seem to have gone bit stale this seson, murrell not the same player that they have relied heavily on for the past few seasons, few other top players seem to have a bad attitude aswell as been well overweight. Heard Grix and Murrell taking over, to knowledgable players, but been team mates with the team last few years and been 2 of the players that are overweight not playing to there potential, are they really a good example to the players? Think hes been pushed by the players to be fair, who have stopped playing for him, how much influence grix and murrell have had on that i dont know, but quite conveniant as there coming to the end of there playing careers.

I get where you are coming from but if you ever do get the chance, ask some of our players or even players who may know them their thoughts on either Grix or Murrell. They are held in the upmost respect by their peers and to say Grix is not playing to his potential is strange when he has been superb for us when he is on the field the fact that his body is broken and he is still willing to get on there when he can and still have a big influence on the team shows where his commitment is. Ive no doubts he has the potential to be a good coach along with Murrell and hopefully its at Halifax.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

I get where you are coming from but if you ever do get the chance, ask some of our players or even players who may know them their thoughts on either Grix or Murrell. They are held in the upmost respect by their peers and to say Grix is not playing to his potential is strange when he has been superb for us when he is on the field the fact that his body is broken and he is still willing to get on there when he can and still have a big influence on the team shows where his commitment is. Ive no doubts he has the potential to be a good coach along with Murrell and hopefully its at Halifax.

He looked 2 stone over weight and unintrested last time i saw him, but i dont watch him every week like u, Fax crumbled like i havent seen a fax side crumble since we had powell in charge, when u came to fev this season, looked a lot of bad attitudes and players with bad condition, been part time players, they are partly responsible for keeping in half decent shape in the off season, which some quite clearly havent bothered to do 1 bit.

43 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

He looked 2 stone over weight and unintrested last time i saw him, but i dont watch him every week like u, Fax crumbled like i havent seen a fax side crumble since we had powell in charge, when u came to fev this season, looked a lot of bad attitudes and players with bad condition, been part time players, they are partly responsible for keeping in half decent shape in the off season, which some quite clearly havent bothered to do 1 bit.

All players are given strict diet plans in the off season but unfortunately a few keys players either picked up injuries or had to have ops meaning a lot of senior players basically had no off season, maybe that has had some effect but its the joys of been a part time player as things have to be planned around their jobs. I feel bad for Murrell as he was one of them but I do always laugh at people who have a go at his fitness, he has never had what could be described as a modern rugby players body and age catches up with all of us but his fitness levels are good apart. You can still be big and have good fitness levels, he certainly didn't look to be struggling too much yesterday despite missing game time the last week or so.

31 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

All players are given strict diet plans in the off season but unfortunately a few keys players either picked up injuries or had to have ops meaning a lot of senior players basically had no off season, maybe that has had some effect but its the joys of been a part time player as things have to be planned around their jobs. I feel bad for Murrell as he was one of them but I do always laugh at people who have a go at his fitness, he has never had what could be described as a modern rugby players body and age catches up with all of us but his fitness levels are good apart. You can still be big and have good fitness levels, he certainly didn't look to be struggling too much yesterday despite missing game time the last week or so.

Yes u can be big and have decent fitness levels, but when u get to murrells age, it catchs up with u been a naturally fit lardy for all them years.

Archived