Fev

750VFR

Very poor display upto now in first half i just cant see where our next win is coming from everyone seems to have improved alot this season we have started abit better this second half but  i think the duel reg is helping others alot adding that bit of quality as the couple of duel reg fev players look good

What's going on we were dreadful first half not much better second. Either our players or coach aren't good enough we're absolutely atrocious at the moment not worth £17 the transparency from the club has gone and fans are walking out on mass. Riley isn't worth a penny we pay him, crellin with a 6 week shoulder injury gets in over him? Where are our leaders? 

Barrow played well in the second half, discipline and starting johnstone at 7 and charnock at 13 losing that extra forward cost us. I thought amean in the centre and spending on the wing was much improved, amean defensively in the centre was class.

Brad crellin made a load of tackles sured us up, for someone who was meant to be out for 6 weeks, I thought he had a great game often goes unnoticed.

1 minute ago, Raider91 said:

Barrow played well in the second half, discipline and starting johnstone at 7 and charnock at 13 losing that extra forward cost us. I thought amean in the centre and spending on the wing was much improved, amean defensively in the centre was class.

Brad crellin made a load of tackles sured us up, for someone who was meant to be out for 6 weeks, I thought he had a great game often goes unnoticed.

Spot on every word. We are utter dogger and relegation is almost certainty now I’m afraid. What will it take for us to make some changes? Is coaching the issue? Only players who looked remotely arsed today were charnock, star and stack. But oh well cresta will come out in the paper saying we’re “getting there”. Getting bored of the same old excuses now. 

We are 12 games into the season and we have won 1 game its not good enough i thought this season we were goto push on and be abit higher up the league but its not happening its no good saying oh but it was an improved performance this week  its points we need and fast we haven't won a game at home yet its not good enough people will not want to part with there hard earned cash to see us lose week in week out 

7 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

I'd like to know why Dan toal didn't play today? Losing Johnson in the warm up is a nightmare, have those two in for dressy and johnstone I feel we may have won it. 

Susino has been immense seen hes come back. 

Wasn't Dan suspended, or has he served it?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

12 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Wasn't Dan suspended, or has he served it?

He has served his ban! What was up with Johnson? Shane toal didn't come back on, did he get injured? Desperately need another forward. At this rate we will be going down 

Barrow started slow, but managed to get themselves back into it. A 12-26 defeat to a tough Featherstone team (Which included various Leeds DR) is not to be disgraced. 

Dan Toal pulled out in the warm up with an illness and Josh Johnson who has been massive had a knock that he couldn't get over. Those 2 players alone were a big miss for Barrow. 

I don't agree with the previous comments saying the lads didn't seem up for it. There was plenty of effort from everybody. Simply put, the better team won. 

If you don't want to spend your 'hard earned' cash watching Barrow. Then don't. I'm sure the lads appreciate the fans who stick by them win, lose or draw. 

I've every confidence that Cresta and his team will do all they can to survive. With bodies coming back over the next few weeks, we will start to see the team pick up some wins. 

COYR

Same old story.

Penalty - try, penalty - try, penalty - try, then we got better for their 4th it was penalty, penalty - try. 22 - 0 at half time.

Every week the coach and the supporters complain about ill-discipline costing us - WHY IS NOTHING DONE ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!

To be fair we started well and had them under pressure back in their half but then Dallimore gave away a stupid penalty which gave them field position and the first try. Then we continued to give them piggy-backs up the pitch. ( not the ref's fault)

We were a lot better in the second half which if anything makes the ill-disciplined and poorly depended first half even harder to bare. I wish I had your confidence Bruner but I cannot see where the next win is coming from.

Yes they tried but the same old problems cropping up week after week cause me great concern. I have the upmost respect for Cresta  but he needs to get to grips with the indiscipline and lack of creativity.

The thing is who are we capable of beating we need to get points on the board if we want a chance of staying up its no good saying oh but we played well for the second half or disapline cost us or they are a good side with dual reg players it means nothing if we get no points 

4 hours ago, Bearman said:

It's a bit depressing. When you see the quality of the DR players available to Fev its hard to compete. 

Fev had Golding and a young Leeds academy player. But yes we do hate DR as much as you lot at Barrow. Good luck its a tight league and theres a long way to go. You'll find your rhythm theres no doubt.

Hearing today that Willie Minoga has left the club with no hard feelings and his contract has been terminated with immediate effect due to what’s happened back home. If true best wishes to him and his family and thanks for all your efforts for the Raiders. Was a player who I thought was getting better with the weather and would of liked to see him at full fitness at peak summer. But none the less if it’s true about him and Hock leaving officially this week then it’s time to get a new number 7 to compliment dallimore and a new prop forward to replace willie. If not then I think we better start planning for league 1 next year...

There was 2 dual reg for fev yesterday, Golding at full back and suttcliffe in centre, who is a young kid but not played much 1st team if any at leeds, so will probably be available to us all season, walters and ormondroyd are fev players now, we signed them on beggining of season. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cresta says in the Mail that a lack of composure cost Barrow the win yesterday, everyone else seems to think it's the shocking discipline that's been there for last couple of years. He also says Fev were stacked with DR players, yet there were only 2 in the 17! Things need to change and quick.

Archived