What’s the story at London Skolars?

has someone been deleting NorthWest Academies posts? if so well done but bit surprised they have gone, they are rubbish but didnt think they were breaking any rules.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if he's not been breaking any rules, we need some new ones. Racism should be disallowed for a start. Just because Welsh people are white doesn't mean his remarks are not racist. They are also deliberately offensive not accidentally. Try this on for size. What if he d said we should stop playing against Papua New Guinea, because they are nothing but a backward country? He makes me sick to my stomach.

Skolars today have announced free half season STs for residents of Harringey (the borough the clubs based in) as part of the drive to raise profile locally. 

6 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Skolars today have announced free half season STs for residents of Harringey (the borough the clubs based in) as part of the drive to raise profile locally. 

Can new river stadium hold 270,000?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

8 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Can new river stadium hold 270,000?

Probably ? although I suspect this may not be an issue. I’d be happy for another 270. 

33 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Details on the website (Community section) - http://www.skolarsrl.com/

I suggest you take what the website says with a pinch of salt. Your teams under 16 turned up to Saint Albans at the weekend with seven players having already defaulted one game and won by default in another. I know everybody is trying hard in London junior league but let’s get the facts straight. 

55 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

I received an email,this pm,offering a half price ticket for the North Wales Crusaders game on 11th May - despite not following NWC nor going to the London Series(?)

Better than repeated emails from Bradford after purchasing a ticket online.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Magic XIII said:

I suggest you take what the website says with a pinch of salt. Your teams under 16 turned up to Saint Albans at the weekend with seven players having already defaulted one game and won by default in another. I know everybody is trying hard in London junior league but let’s get the facts straight. 

U20s played mostly 17 year olds and drew away at West London, U13s played & minis had first session as well. 16s we won the comp only losing one game last year. This years it's harder as many staying away until after GCSEs. Personally think it should be U15s and 17s to avoid exams. Think our 16s will struggle for a few more weeks but bodies starting to come back

Strength of our juniors is pretty much evidenced by a good chunk in our first team squad, Broncos 1st team/19s/16s, other SL & Championship teams. Pretty proud of all that tbh. don't think there are many pro clubs doing that.

14 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Well if he's not been breaking any rules, we need some new ones. Racism should be disallowed for a start. Just because Welsh people are white doesn't mean his remarks are not racist. They are also deliberately offensive not accidentally. Try this on for size. What if he d said we should stop playing against Papua New Guinea, because they are nothing but a backward country? He makes me sick to my stomach.

i'm certainly not wanting to have an argument with you on this one, nor am i upset that he has been deleted/posts been deleted or whatever has happened to him but he was having a right pop at everyone and everything that wasnt the panacea of big cities with lots of cash.. he was having a go at different times at all "backwards" places including the north of england.. for backwards read small and not oozing with wealth.

I dont believe he was being in anyway racist or even prejudicial against the Welsh he was just being a c*ckwomble of the highest order.. 

Cockwomble. That's a new one on me. I like it. You learn something new every day. 

8 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Cockwomble. That's a new one on me. I like it. You learn something new every day. 

it ranks up there with w*nkpuffin and b*llend for me... for people not even worthy of being something worse they are just an annoying niggling irrelevance that pops up every so often..

edit: cockwomble gets through the sweary filter but b*llend doesnt that makes it my new definite favourite!

NorthWest Academy RL going to work this morning:

spacer.png

turning on his computer at "work" to read this thread again

spacer.png

15 hours ago, IM2 said:

U20s played mostly 17 year olds and drew away at West London, U13s played & minis had first session as well. 16s we won the comp only losing one game last year. This years it's harder as many staying away until after GCSEs. Personally think it should be U15s and 17s to avoid exams. Think our 16s will struggle for a few more weeks but bodies starting to come back

Strength of our juniors is pretty much evidenced by a good chunk in our first team squad, Broncos 1st team/19s/16s, other SL & Championship teams. Pretty proud of all that tbh. don't think there are many pro clubs doing that.

Not having a pop IM as I know hard it is and how hard you guys work, but to take the strength of a clubs juniors based on the spin of a web site  ..... going 16s and not 15s and 17s is a short sighted by the LJL Board. But lets be honest you aren't the only club to be struggling for juniors in London as the 50-0 and 24-0 will testify. 

1 hour ago, Magic XIII said:

Not having a pop IM as I know hard it is and how hard you guys work, but to take the strength of a clubs juniors based on the spin of a web site  ..... going 16s and not 15s and 17s is a short sighted by the LJL Board. But lets be honest you aren't the only club to be struggling for juniors in London as the 50-0 and 24-0 will testify. 

can't argue with that tbh. we are relooking at our model next year to become more suitable for our pathway. alway stuff to be done and improve. 

Archived