Sky commentary

I started to watch the Toronto v Swinton game but I turned off shortly before half time because of the most biased commentary I heard from a long time. Tony Rea was so biased it was painful to listen to. 

I assume that sky want Toronto in super league but let's not make it too obvious 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking of commentary..are we now stuck with Tezza, Bazza, Clarke and Cummings?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

It’s funny how underused Rea is . He’s very good at analysis and comes across  as a “ grown up “ on coverage . Yet they persist with the chuckle brothers who are about as hilarious as drilling a nail into your sphericals , Phil I have literally no idea what I’m saying but try to make it sound clever Clarke , and Stuart money for old rope Cummings 

3 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

The thing that annoys me about the Toronto broadcasts is when they say "Toronto's quest for Super League". Like all other teams are there to just make up the numbers or something. 

Saying “Toronto’s quest for Super League” is fair enough. They are top of the league and red hot favourites for promotion. 

Realistically who else is targeting promotion this year? Toulouse, that’s about it. Widnes went bust.

11 hours ago, bird said:

Tony Rea is fine by me.

11 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Tony Rea is excellent, truly excellent.

Quite right too!

I was so pleased to hear he was back and I thought he was really positive about the Lions even though they were well outplayed.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

The thing that annoys me about the Toronto broadcasts is when they say "Toronto's quest for Super League". Like all other teams are there to just make up the numbers or something. 

Most are making up the numbers, aren't they?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

42 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Did I hear that somewhere last season " red hot favourites for promotion". As an aside,is the top team guaranteed promotion or is there a top five play off. Genuine question by the way.

Top five play off 

5D55D91C-8AB2-46A0-845C-EC0A9295AB9A.jpeg

Bill Arthur is taking the mic for the rest of the season

toronto at Toronto and anyone expects anything else on tv? They are broadcasting their matches and sky are happy to take the footage

catalans have been the same for some time too

toronto in sl and thats two teams that require commentary only must cut down on production costs?

they really do get rl at a knock down price 

• 3 weeks later...

Stuart Pyke doing commentary tonight for Saints v Salford. Interesting to see how he gets on - have always liked him on the radio.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Last night we had Wilkin in the studio at Headingly,. What a massive improvement. Probably there due to Wells not being available. Wells should come back but Wilkin would be a far, far better summeriser than the chuckle brothers.

Changes a foot at SKY so when the opportunity arises why not make an improvement with the change.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Stuart Pyke doing commentary tonight for Saints v Salford. Interesting to see how he gets on - have always liked him on the radio.

I enjoyed his commentary tonight. Really enthusiastic. Hopefully hear more of him.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Pyke’s not bad at the darts and was quite good last night, I thought. 

It’s been done to death a bit but what does Angela Powers do during the duration of a game that she can’t count to three by the end of the game? It was embarrassing that she had to ask the man of the match whether he’d scored three or four tries. 

Archived