Bradford chairman claims Catalans is costing UK game millions of £

14 minutes ago, TBone said:

Well, it seems that Mr Chalmers was a big fan of Toronto in January...

Wonder what changed his view? 

Nothing. He still is a big fan.

I am a firm internationalist and believe that rugby league needs to broaden its footprint if it is ever to break out into mainstream sport.

All that he was saying was that there is an inherent unfairness in the way that some clubs have to travel over to Canada to play them, whilst other clubs in the same division only have a short coach ride over to Hull or Newcastle to play them.

I know he tends to talk a lot of rubbish at times, but don't put words in his mouth (he does enough of that with out any help ?)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ignoring the froth around his comments I think he makes a good point regards some teams playing away games with Toronto here and others having the travel. Seems a simple point.

BTW before anyone starts screaming and accusing by assumption of being something I'm not I support Toronto being in our competition. 

What the answer is given the weather issue I have no idea but surely its an issue to be questioned.

As to Catalan I would have thought we need to help build RL in France and surely a successful Catalan (Toulouse and others) would be good for the game here... ending with a Anglo French league.... (together with a cross Atlantic league too)

Oh and one thing I have learned... that is whom Katie Hopkins is... never heard of her until this thread and so googled.

5 minutes ago, redjonn said:

What the answer is given the weather issue I have no idea but surely its an issue to be questioned.

The answer was provided last season. They play all (or most) of their away games first, then all of their home games.

For some reason, some clubs (not sure who) thought this was somehow terrible, and as a result they've ended up with the mish-mash we've seen this year with them playing 'home' games in Hull and Newcastle.

On 29/04/2019 at 14:24, Tonka said:

(Seriously though does anyone know what he means about Catalans being privileged?)

Yes, he read it League Express and Parky's posts so he knows it's on the money!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Bradford Bulls are a great team with a big following and I'm looking forward to having them here this weekend..(not just saying that because i was born in Bradford) I just think its magic having these storied clubs head here and we will give them the "Full Lamport experience" so when they get back they will be raving about it just as York and Batley did. We will kick things off with a welcome party Friday night at the pub..can't wait

Archived