Batley at home.

spanishknight

Does anybody know what our break even crowds are for this season and i buy halftime pot of gold tickets but are there any fund raising events coming up in the near future?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at the injuries before and during the game, that was one heck of a win I know we wasnt up to our usual high standard, but the players gave it everything, we cant ask for more, if we could get a couple of forwards in on loan we will end up in the top half of the division, which was what we wished for in our wildest dreams.

The best way to continue to grow the gate receipts is to continue to play entertaining exciting rugby. In Fordy we trust. He deserves our 100% support. As do the players who put it all in week in week out, it is not fair on them to play them into the ground. They will run through walls for the club, the club needs to provide them with back up.

Up the Kneets!

8 hours ago, paul said:

Does anybody know what our break even crowds are for this season and i buy halftime pot of gold tickets but are there any fund raising events coming up in the near future?

There’s a Facebook Group ‘KISS’ with over 400 members already signed up. Check it out. KISS support the Knights financially with its donations to Squad builder and recently donated to the commemorative plaque at Clarence Street. It might be worth adding a thread to this board to pick up those who don’t use FB. The more we raise, the stronger we become. Spread the word.

A few ideas which I think could help increase income other than just increasing crowds (which are steadily rising):

More social events - KSS do a good job with race nights but I'd like to see things like meet the directors night, Q+A with the coaching staff, evening with a York legend, quiz knights (imagine a quiz night having someone like Ash Robson on your team!). Something a bit more informal than the Haxby base, perhaps at a local pub or somewhere like the York Acorn clubhouse. Couple of quid entry, a few raffles etc.

Secondly, a lot of clubs outside SL have a scheme for their supporters where they can donate a monthly amount to the club direct from their bank account. With Ben Cockayne doing a good job on the commercial front maybe it could be tied in with that - minimum £5 a month, in return you get a 'Knights Kard' (yeah, a better name can be thought of!) with 5% or 10% off at select local businesses. 

Lastly didn't York used to do a weekly lottery? 

A few weeks ago there was a fair bit of publicity given to the pot of gold tickets, effectively highlighting what a brilliant job the sellers do, and how much the proceeds from these make a huge difference to the amount KISS are able to donate to Squad builder. Since then ticket sales have grown and grown with record sales yesterday and a payout for the lucky winner of £230, which is absolutely fantastic. But just imagine if everyone attending yesterday’s game bought just one, we’d be looking at sales of nearly £2,000. That would generate one massive first prize, and what’s more, provide a huge financial boost for the club.

28 minutes ago, Fenton Knight said:

There’s a Facebook Group ‘KISS’ with over 400 members already signed up. Check it out. KISS support the Knights financially with its donations to Squad builder and recently donated to the commemorative plaque at Clarence Street. It might be worth adding a thread to this board to pick up those who don’t use FB. The more we raise, the stronger we become. Spread the word.

Agreed, perhaps a thread showing KSS, Squadbuilder and Harrogate Knights upcoming events.

16 hours ago, trig said:

We do struggle on the right wing, Mazive was out of line a few times today and left us wide open .

3 scores up with 20 mins to go, We should have been home and dry but sloppy defence let them back in.

Need to tighten defence a bit and protect the wing . Widnes away in a few weeks and fev in 2 weeks we need to be taking points in these games to keep pressure on other teams around us .

It started with the Widnes away game. We seem to be short of players by the time the ball is pinged over so Judah is stepping in causing the overlap I know Widnes we were down to 11 but in games since then we are either tiring so not able to cover or there is a problem with defensive shape and numbers either way Fordy will sort it out I am sure. Got the 2 points against a tough established side Vlog is available 

11 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Andy, I managed to get the last copy of your book from the club shop prior to the game! Looking forward to it.

Thanks Dave. Hope you enjoy the read. ?

1 minute ago, AB Knight said:

Secondly, a lot of clubs outside SL have a scheme for their supporters where they can donate a monthly amount to the club direct from their bank account. With Ben Cockayne doing a good job on the commercial front maybe it could be tied in with that - minimum £5 a month, in return you get a 'Knights Kard' (yeah, a better name can be thought of!) with 5% or 10% off at select local businesses. 

I like this idea and a regular amount would help the club to budget but i’d extend it to one-off payments too; I’ve a few quid left at the end of the month, or we are particularly in the mire injury wise. That sort of thing. In fact, the occasion we find ourself in now. I’m happy to kick if off with £20 of my hard earned ?. Perhaps Gary H, Andy G or Gav could advise if there’s a quick way to donate to allow James to bring in much needed reinfircenents.

1 hour ago, Fenton Knight said:

I like this idea and a regular amount would help the club to budget but i’d extend it to one-off payments too; I’ve a few quid left at the end of the month, or we are particularly in the mire injury wise. That sort of thing. In fact, the occasion we find ourself in now. I’m happy to kick if off with £20 of my hard earned ?. Perhaps Gary H, Andy G or Gav could advise if there’s a quick way to donate to allow James to bring in much needed reinfircenents.

Just a thought, is crowdfunding still a thing?

I would be happy to contribute money now if it means Fordy can get some new blood into the squad,but who do you send it to,but what i don't want to happen is the Knights spending money there haven't got.

Just now, georgeb1 said:

Iam all for bringing in new quality players , but I do feel we need to unload certain players that never get a look in.

I cant think of a single person in our squad that hasn’t had some game time this season.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Iam all for bringing in new quality players , but I do feel we need to unload certain players that never get a look in.

The whole point of bringing new players in is also to increase the player pool. So bringing 1 in while 1 goes out is a bit pointless when we're already low on players due to injury.

1 hour ago, paul said:

I would be happy to contribute money now if it means Fordy can get some new blood into the squad,but who do you send it to,but what i don't want to happen is the Knights spending money there haven't got.

See Andy G’s response above.

Just a thought but entrance on match day is £17, I would imagine like me most people don't worry too much about the 3 quid change, could you not pay £20 for a ticket and the 3 pounds extra goes to the pot of gold, but you get 5 tickets, so increasing your chances of winning and putting more money into the fund? 

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Who would you get rid off?

Simple , mike Kelly and brad hey , good last year but not upper level championship .

Just being hard but true.

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Simple , mike Kelly and brad hey , good last year but not upper level championship .

Just being hard but true.

Brad Hey struggled early in the season, but he has played out of position in an emergency, and he was outstanding when he came on against Widnes, back to something like his best and very strong defensively. Kelly has been injured most of the season, how can you say he isn't good enough?

On 05/05/2019 at 17:56, trig said:

We do struggle on the right wing, Mazive was out of line a few times today and left us wide open .

3 scores up with 20 mins to go, We should have been home and dry but sloppy defence let them back in.

Need to tighten defence a bit and protect the wing . Widnes away in a few weeks and fev in 2 weeks we need to be taking points in these games to keep pressure on other teams around us .

"It started with the Widnes away game. We seem to be short of players by the time the ball is pinged over so Judah is stepping in causing the overlap I know Widnes we were down to 11 but in games since then we are either tiring so not able to cover or there is a problem with defensive shape and numbers either way Fordy will sort it out I am sure".

I think it goes back slightly further, to Odsal when Ash Robson got injured. We were all over the place defensively for the rest of that game, and I think it is more down to missing his organisation, (and Benny's), as much as anything else.

24 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Brad Hey struggled early in the season, but he has played out of position in an emergency, and he was outstanding when he came on against Widnes, back to something like his best and very strong defensively. Kelly has been injured most of the season, how can you say he isn't good enough?

Both are fully fit , but are not selected , does that not tell you something .

Archived