Widnes on Sunday

wayne_r

Just seen the highlights from Dewsbury's win at Widnes, to be honest Widnes didn't look that great apart from a lively halfback (I think) - Dewsbury made some simple errors to let Widnes back into it.

So on that performance - we should be more than capable of winning on Sunday - I hope that the defeat at Toronto hasn't done any permanent damage to confidence / spirit in the camp.

Broken a bone in his back so out for the season, was playing really well before that 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Well unless we can stop giving teams a head start - today it was 18 points we will not win anymore matches. The first half the team did not compete and the half backs weren't clicking at all and we didn't put any pressure on the Widnes pack as they ran the ball in. Second half was different matter, but it was too late by then. Same problems every week - unable to compete for the full 80 mins ……...was the same at Batley.

Widnes were workman like, completed their sets and managed to score at key points in both halves.

I think we are in desperate need of a centre - Paisley tried really hard but isn't a centre in my opinion. If we are taking players on loan lets get a centre (or two). Think team selection was wrong should have had Kenga and Thomas in the 18 - in my opinion, but what do I know.

The only good thing was that all the teams around us lost as well...………...oh well lets we can beat Rochdale in a couple of weeks but that won't be easy as they will also see it as a fixture they can win...………..

Archived