Next up York V Batley

Batley Bob

Never gave ourselves a chance today. Coughed up possession at key moments, gave away daft penalties and 2 shambles on our own line gifted them 12 points. Frustrated, as they are a supposed top 5 challenger and we could've won that.

Top 5 challenger in the eyes of who ?

We're a promoted side punching way above our weight.

Just did enough to get the points today in an entertaining but error strewn game.  Both sides gave away some daft penalties including a couple that only the ref saw ?

Thought Jonny Campbell had a cracking game and you nearly pulled it out of the fire late on. We dont normally look leggy but think the Easter programme/Toulouse trip had an effect.

Strange how both clubs have the same 'small squad/raft of injuries/players on loan scenario.

See youi at yours - all the best....

Our defence was embarrassing at times with some exceptionaly bad tries conceded. A match we had the chance to win but we need more composure near the line. Seems funny that I went home after the match against Leigh happy with the performance today I could not believe how many soft tries we conceded and still only lost by 4 points.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

The Yorkshire cup semi was tight and I admired York for their class. They certainly won't yoyo between divisions. Didn't go yesterday but was amazed how we nearly clawed it back.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Self inflicted loss yesterday. Three trys conceded from kicks, one from a simple one-on-one tackle and another soft one from dummy half. Too many individual errors through loose carry's in general play also. 

Positive's were our pack, Butterworth (who kicked a rare 40/20) and JC/Scott running the ball out of our own half. 

Sam Wood had possibly his worst game in a Bulldogs shirt. Galbraith looks shaky under a high ball.

All in all a frustrating loss. Could have easily been a win. 

The try on the stroke of half time was the killer , where Reiss missed the tackle ,then there was , galbraith dropping the high kick (reittie would have caught) and the number of conversions we missed were all embarrassing , on the plus side was Lewis bienik performance , Jc was immense , we kicked our first 40/20 by Reiss , but came away thinking another we should have won , along with barrow Halifax and bulls

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, bulldogs17 said:

who kicked a rare 40/20

First one i can remember conceding this year. We got one a few weeks back. Was a edgy but cracking game looking forward to playing at your place in July (my birthday game that one) 

3 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

First one i can remember conceding this year. We got one a few weeks back. Was a edgy but cracking game looking forward to playing at your place in July (my birthday game that one) 

Hopefully we will have more than 17 fit players then

IMG_0583.JPG

45 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Hopefully we will have more than 17 fit players then

York were down to the bare bones yesterday, all clubs have players missing I know but York have a squad of about 23, 3 or 4 have not played yet this season and another 3 or4 who may not play again this season and others who could be available in a few weeks.

22 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

York were down to the bare bones yesterday, all clubs have players missing I know but York have a squad of about 23, 3 or 4 have not played yet this season and another 3 or4 who may not play again this season and others who could be available in a few weeks.

And how big do you think our squad is ?

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived