Chisholm

jamescolin

On that basis we ought to be looking at the Visa issues now. If it is true about his playing permanently then that is great news. make him our player as soon as possible I read somewhere that his contract finishes soon with Bradford anyway.

29 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Talking to MC the other night in Ponte, to all intents and purposes he's our player to do with what we will.  The only reason it's a loan is because of Visa issues if we signed him properly.

MC reckoned there was no chance of a recall, so I'd guess we're free to play him too.

I wonder what chance he'd have of getting a French passport as a French international. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Think I read about an interview with Kear where he said there was nothing to stop us playing Chisholm against Bradford.

He's only played 3 games for us, he's 29 this summer and I don't think he'll be getting offers from SL clubs so there's probably plenty more time to see how he goes for us before locking up a permanent contract given the knock on him has always been that he doesn't hold his form for long.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Think I read about an interview with Kear where he said there was nothing to stop us playing Chisholm against Bradford.

He's only played 3 games for us, he's 29 this summer and I don't think he'll be getting offers from SL clubs so there's probably plenty more time to see how he goes for us before locking up a permanent contract given the knock on him has always been that he doesn't hold his form for long.

Maybe him not holding his form is down to coachs, he the sort of player, u let go out and do there thing, how many half backs these days look outstanding every week? There sent out to play a percentage game 5 drives and a kick, all about a percentage at end of half and full time of how many sets theyve completed. Against Toronto chissy was making breaks, kicking early and looking for killer balls early in the sets, some come off some didnt, but your john kears of the world would have gave him a right roasting for that. If we had played a percentage game against toronto, we probably wouldnt have scored a try, but with a bit more luck, we could have won the game through chissys creativity. Let him enjoy his rugby and i think he will be class for us.

Don't really disagree with any of the above and I agree we might turn out to be a very good home for him, he knew both Carr and King before he came here and as you say a Kear-coached team was never likely to be a good fit for him. Am just not in favour of judging anyone, be it players or coaches, on a handful of games, positively or negatively.

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Don't really disagree with any of the above and I agree we might turn out to be a very good home for him, he knew both Carr and King before he came here and as you say a Kear-coached team was never likely to be a good fit for him. Am just not in favour of judging anyone, be it players or coaches, on a handful of games, positively or negatively.

Ye weve been there before, but think he seems to be enjoying it with us and good mates with king, so hopefully kick on and get us in that top 5. Think Tom Holmes popping up on his shoulder when he gets a bit of match fitness could be deadly, few times ive seen him break and lacked support from somebody with a bit of speed, something holmes does well when hes match fit.

46 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Maybe him not holding his form is down to coachs, he the sort of player, u let go out and do there thing, how many half backs these days look outstanding every week? There sent out to play a percentage game 5 drives and a kick, all about a percentage at end of half and full time of how many sets theyve completed. Against Toronto chissy was making breaks, kicking early and looking for killer balls early in the sets, some come of some didnt, but your john kears of the world would have gave him a right roasting for that. If we had played a percentage game against toronto, we probably wouldnt have scored a try, but with a bit more luck, we could have won the game through chissys creativity. Let him enjoy his rugby and i think he will be class for us.

Spot on. Hes an off the cuff player. Sadly most coaches dont like that. He would be in danger of having his skills coached out of him if he allowed it. Id say just carry on what you are doing cos its working most of the time.

1 minute ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Spot on. Hes an off the cuff player. Sadly most coaches dont like that. He would be in danger of having his skills coached out of him if he allowed it. Id say just carry on what you are doing cos its working most of the time.

Yes mate think thats a big problem in the game these days, the sl is just a conveyor belt of athletes, most of kids with natural ability get it coached out of them and just get coached to play a percentage game, which is boring to watch a lot of the time. Powell plays an expansive game and hes took a lot of half backs that look pretty average in other teams, but look world beaters playing a more expansive and creative game for him. You need so much structure in a team, but on the other hand you need players who can weave a bit of magic and turn a game for you, players for me these days dont get enough opportunitys to show what natural ability they have.

Chisholm is out of contract at the end of the season. I have read that off contract players can negotiate a new deal from Wednesday. If so I think we should take the chance and move forward to signing him.

32 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Chisholm is out of contract at the end of the season. I have read that off contract players can negotiate a new deal from Wednesday. If so I think we should take the chance and move forward to signing him.

Complicated by the fact that he's on loan, and I don't know if he was on a full-time contract at Bradford or not, but either way it's only players who are on full-time contracts who have to be informed whether they are intending to offer a new contract or not (or that they are still deciding) by April 30th by their current club (which presumably right now would officially still be Bradford for Chisholm).

For part-time players the deadline is August 31st. Plenty of time to have a good, long look at him...he's played three games for us. Three games into the season, Watson Boas was leading the Man Of The Match table on this forum...

Archived