London Skolars offering FREE season ticket to Haringey Residents

IM2

The website is calling it free half-season tickets. It's a great idea to get people to think about RL. It will be interesting to know how many will take the offer up and secondly, how many will keep returning with some frequency once they do come. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, IM2 said:

Skolars push to increase local support. 350k people live in Haringey and would be great to spread the game as wide as possible.

If you know anyone pass it on!

free season ticket offer.jpeg

I'm in favour of anything that makes people more aware of Rugby League and gets people to the grounds to watch games

On 30/04/2019 at 18:24, Kayakman said:

How has it worked out?

Not much idea to be honest. I used to support a team a couple of suburbs out, and an old friend told me a few of those supporters snapped them up to go occasionally when there's no clash. That's the only reason I heard about it.

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:37, Kayakman said:

WOW!  What an initiative...I've never heard of it ever being done before...has anyone?

The Skolars got the idea from the non league football club Haringey Borough who play across the road on White Hart Lane. It worked for them. Great idea. 

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Broncos have just released half season tickets £70....not bad for 7 super League games

That isn't bad at all. How much are the kids ones with it as my 4 year old son likes to watch games with me. 

On 30/04/2019 at 23:55, Nomad XIII said:

The soccer club 200 yards up the road do.

1 hour ago, Quinskolar said:

The Skolars got the idea from the non league football club Haringey Borough who play across the road on White Hart Lane. It worked for them. Great idea. 

Oh! When I read Nomad's comment I thought they meant Spurs... I thought it was a bit odd!!

1 minute ago, Manx RL said:

How is the message being communicated to the residents of Haringey?

I live in Waltham Forest so don’t know what’s happening on the ground but there’s been a big push through local social media. The club has a long term plan to grow support. No one thing will probably do it and it won’t happen over night but I’m confident, particularly if we can keep performing on the pitch, crowds will grow c 

6 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Any chance of Skolars partnering with the football club and developing that ground?

16 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

I live in Waltham Forest so don’t know what’s happening on the ground but there’s been a big push through local social media. The club has a long term plan to grow support. No one thing will probably do it and it won’t happen over night but I’m confident, particularly if we can keep performing on the pitch, crowds will grow c 

Cheers. Interested to know what local social media they target, if its a 'big push' it should be easily visible. Hopefully its not just Haringey council's facebook page and Skolars social channels

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

13 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Cheers. Interested to know what local social media they target, if its a 'big push' it should be easily visible. Hopefully its not just Haringey council's facebook page and Skolars social channels

Wide range by looks of it from local MumsNet to the Haringey Business Forum and local media and MP. 

27 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

Any chance of Skolars partnering with the football club and developing that ground?

Don’t know the answer to that but I do think they and other non football league clubs  like Clapton and Walthamstow are tapping into a market that RL could. People who enjoy team sport but want, for want of a better word, a more authentic (and cheaper) experience, with decent beer. 

53 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

I think Skolars have their identity as being at new river. Would make more sense to develop the site than move as they have the club house there which is a good revenue generator and the gym etc on site. 

Archived