New Coach

RLNew

Well if Matt didn't know the size of the job he does now. Men against boys today wth mistakes school kids wouldn't make. Obviously this is not Matts team so it might make tough watching for a while but i think he will get us there. 

Must have been a very tough watch indeed - at least the “others” around us didn’t steal a march.  No doubt an interesting post match dressing room.  Do not envy Matt the challenge he faces, not least obtaining quickly the calibre/dedicated players needed and gelled to stop the rot. Any positives today, apart from further confirmation of our team’s inadequacy, for this level?

After watching that, too many players not up to the championship standard. Seta,joe  Ryan, millington all league 1 at best. Hope Matt can change things but will need to bring players in as wanye Bennett couldn’t coach this team to safety at minute

Dec Gregory came  on and did well other than that nothing. Four knock ons in our own 20 to 30 metre mark at our own play the balls. Every mistake punished with six points. Tackling none existant. Our first penalty after 35 mins which was Fevs good discipline. Conceded ten tries could have been twenty. 

Just reflecting on yesterdays performance. 

We're too quiet as a team. Fev were in the referee's ear right from the start. Anything remotely controversial they were at him in numbers. Sooner or later that has an effect and they start to influence his decision making. They were all over us in the tackle resulting in several mistakes at our play the ball, it's being streetwise.

For one of their first half tries the player with the ball broke our line and set off for the tryline. An Hornets player turned around and started to give chase but a Fev player backing up grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him to the ground. I saw the captain remonstrate with the ref about it but nobody else bothered. Other teams would have surrounded the ref over that one.

I don't want our game to go the way of soccer but if other teams behave in this fashion we can't just  be a team of good losers.

The shirt grabbing by number 23 can be seen (not by the ref!) about 36seconds in at:

https://twitter.com/FevRovers/status/1125308770828062720?s=17

I guess it wouldn’t have changed the result too much - men & boys comes to mind - and players will be concerned about their immediate futures.  Hopefully there is time for Matt to change things for the better.  The fixtures versus clubs around us will be crucial of course and as yet we do not have any bonus wins against the top club’s. With the time needed to fully integrate new players, it’s a huge task for anyone.

5 hours ago, glemiln said:
The shirt grabbing by number 23 can be seen (not by the ref!) about 36seconds in at:

https://twitter.com/FevRovers/status/1125308770828062720?s=17

I guess it wouldn’t have changed the result too much - men & boys comes to mind - and players will be concerned about their immediate futures.  Hopefully there is time for Matt to change things for the better.  The fixtures versus clubs around us will be crucial of course and as yet we do not have any bonus wins against the top club’s. With the time needed to fully integrate new players, it’s a huge task for anyone.

I don't expect the ref to see everything but what do the touch judges look out for ? Is it true their eyes are only painted on ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_RFL_Championship_season_results

The Coach, the Club and the fans can take a little solace from the home attendances, despite our poor performances, so far.  Naturally, the attendances are boosted by well-supported clubs, but financially, life in League1 would be worse with less from which to build.  A much needed win will hopefully start the revival.   Look forward to seeing Matt’s team developments.

Archived