Derek Beaumont please crawl back under the rock you came from

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's nice to see Leigh fans now taking pride in opening the doors and letting everyone in for free. This is something Toronto have never done yet we see Leigh fan after Leigh fan complaining of them giving out a few free tickets and their attendances. 

Toronto have never given thousands of free tickets pmsl. See ticketmaster and special codes for upto 4 free tickets per person

Here we go again .....

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think you have spent to much time alone in the wilderness talking to yourself to believe those you mention would be (in)famous over here, I would guess that 95% of the UK don't know these guy's and we will happily admit to it, now that is unlike many newcomers to a sport in the UK who not yet 3 seasons in are self confessed experts. I know you are very whimsical with a lot of your comments K'man but some of the comments posted here....... Sheeesh. 

Except in his original post he explicitly said Toronto fans can relate that Canadian to Beaumont. Not Brits. So not sure what the point of your rant was.

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think you have spent to much time alone in the wilderness talking to yourself to believe those you mention would be (in)famous over here, I would guess that 95% of the UK don't know these guy's and we will happily admit to it, now that is unlike many newcomers to a sport in the UK who not yet 3 seasons in are self confessed experts. I know you are very whimsical with a lot of your comments K'man but some of the comments posted here....... Sheeesh. 

Let a bit of lightness into your life Harry and enjoy the banter.These guys may be new to the sport,but, they are  enjoying the ride and that's great to have them on board and read their comments.

Just now, Damien said:

It's nice to see Leigh fans now taking pride in opening the doors and letting everyone in for free. This is something Toronto have never done yet we see Leigh fan after Leigh fan complaining of them giving out a few free tickets and their attendances. 

Show me were I have complained about attendances Damien? True I have commented on those teams who do not capture the imagination of their own towns/cities when we look at the % who attend per capita but that is another discussion, I have nothing against free entry, done correctly it could be deemed a loss leader that the beneficiary will pay in future, not like a lot of the miserable bhuggers in Leigh who couldn't get to the ground quick enough to claim their freebie, then don't bother again, me well it didn't matter I am a season ticket holder for that many years I have lost count. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Wind Up said:

Except in his original post he explicitly said Toronto fans can relate that Canadian to Beaumont. Not Brits. So not sure what the point of your rant was.

That wasn't a rant, that was a comment, I am really good at ranting when the mood suits. 

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Let a bit of lightness into your life Harry and enjoy the banter.These guys may be new to the sport,but, they are  enjoying the ride and that's great to have them on board and read their comments.

So tongue in cheek Frank you agree with me, you don't say I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Show me were I have complained about attendances Damien? True I have commented on those teams who do not capture the imagination of their own towns/cities when we look at the % who attend per capita but that is another discussion, I have nothing against free entry, done correctly it could be deemed a loss leader that the beneficiary will pay in future, not like a lot of the miserable bhuggers in Leigh who couldn't get to the ground quick enough to claim their freebie, then don't bother again, me well it didn't matter I am a season ticket holder for that many years I have lost count. 

You not the only Leigh fan on here Harry and I didn't have you in mind, more some of your contempories that have a frightening obsession with Toronto.

Watching Leigh fans on here and social media scurrying around after Beaumont, after what he did to that club, is nothing short of embarrassing. Have a bit of self-respect lads.

You wouldn't expect anything less of Beaumont himself tbh - he is who he is.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

Watching Leigh fans on here and social media scurrying around after Beaumont, after what he did to that club, is nothing short of embarrassing. Have a bit of self-respect lads.

You wouldn't expect anything less of Beaumont himself tbh - he is who he is.

theres a song about that... normally sung in a drunken slur when someone has been thrown out of a club and they dont understand why.... oooh i see what you've done there now ?

13 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Another day, another club chairman wants to be in the limelight and talk down the sport and a successful club. 

Here's what Derek Beaumont had to say about Toronto Wolfpacks record crowd on the weekend. 

"There's no way [Toronto] had 9500 people in there..... You can say what you want [about attendance figures], who's there monitoring it? They need to be a lot smarter when they're plucking out figures!" 

Perhaps he should focus on making sure his players get paid on time? 

Here's a suggestion, how bout club chairman including Chalmers, Beaumont keep quiet and let the players take the spotlight. How about that? 

Inflating attendance figures is a schoolboy error.

They should play down the numbers for tax purposes like everyone else. ?

26 minutes ago, RP London said:

theres a song about that... normally sung in a drunken slur when someone has been thrown out of a club and they dont understand why.... oooh i see what you've done there now ?

Mate, I wish I was that smart! ?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Whatever you’re views on Toronto one thing you can’t knock  them for is the crowds they’ve attracted there - in league one , and now the championship . Big or “unfashionable” teams makes little difference . I don’t know why figures from other clubs need to comment negatively on that . It just looks very churlish 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wrong again v Batley 2016 10,500 at the LSV in the Championship, 

Hmm why should we trust Leigh's figures any more than Leigh trust Toronto's? Maybe Leigh used the same blow up dolls to fill out the numbers?

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

3 hours ago, Mr Wind Up said:

Don't know where you are going with this Harry...you seem a little rattled in that Toronto keeps taking down Leigh attendances etc.

Beaumont is an ###### and you all know it...it is what it is.

“There’s an old saying that lions care not for the opinion of sheep,” Beaumont tells Rugby League World from a box overlooking Leigh Sports Village.

“If I speak about things that I’ve done like taking cocaine or smoking cannabis or drink driving, and 500 people criticise me and say ‘Your owner’s an idiot for that’, that does not bother me one bit.

>>>>>>>>

This drug taking drink driving loudmouth yob sees himself as a lion. Someone beyond critisism, beyond the law.  A man who, in the full public glare of Twitter, with his pride in his local power and money almost tangible in every tweet, engaged with one of his own fans, a British soldier, and 'offered him out', only to back down when the fan accepted, advised him of his current location (Leigh WMC IIRC) and said he'd wait for him.

When people can't seem to distinguish the owner from their club in their own minds then you can fully understand why he still has his fans.  Admitting what your owner is, rather than blindly defending him beyond reason, doesn't mean you love your club any less.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, Moove said:

Hmm why should we trust Leigh's figures any more than Leigh trust Toronto's? Maybe Leigh used the same blow up dolls to fill out the numbers?

No, they were definitely in use elsewhere, that afternoon!?

I wish we could have more articles hearing from forward thinking owners who are trying to better their clubs without having digs at other clubs.

Less of Beaumont, Chalmers....more Argyle, Flatman (York),  Robinson (Coventry), O'Neill (Keighley) etc.

Promote the views of those who can get their point across without moaning and being negative. Leave the negativity to us fans!

2 hours ago, Konkrete said:

“There’s an old saying that lions care not for the opinion of sheep,” Beaumont tells Rugby League World from a box overlooking Leigh Sports Village.

“If I speak about things that I’ve done like taking cocaine or smoking cannabis or drink driving, and 500 people criticise me and say ‘Your owner’s an idiot for that’, that does not bother me one bit.

>>>>>>>>

This drug taking drink driving loudmouth yob sees himself as a lion. Someone beyond critisism, beyond the law.  A man who, in the full public glare of Twitter, with his pride in his local power and money almost tangible in every tweet, engaged with one of his own fans, a British soldier, and 'offered him out', only to back down when the fan accepted, advised him of his current location (Leigh WMC IIRC) and said he'd wait for him.

When people can't seem to distinguish the owner from their club in their own minds then you can fully understand why he still has his fans.  Admitting what your owner is, rather than blindly defending him beyond reason, doesn't mean you love your club any less.

If he enjoys cannabis he should look forward to his Toronto trips since it's legal there now anyway!

21 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Another day, another club chairman wants to be in the limelight and talk down the sport and a successful club. 

Here's what Derek Beaumont had to say about Toronto Wolfpacks record crowd on the weekend. 

"There's no way [Toronto] had 9500 people in there..... You can say what you want [about attendance figures], who's there monitoring it? They need to be a lot smarter when they're plucking out figures!" 

Perhaps he should focus on making sure his players get paid on time? 

Here's a suggestion, how bout club chairman including Chalmers, Beaumont keep quiet and let the players take the spotlight. How about that? 

I think he’s just better being ignored. I mean how can you take anyone serious who hires Kieron Cunningham as Director Of Rugby. He craves publicity like Mr Koukash. 

Whilst I disagree with the comment about leigh fans being obsessed with torontos attendances(not something I have noticed,maybe the odd 1 but no more than any other fans of any other clubs) I do agree that derek seems to have a knack of letting himself down on occasion which,unfortunately reflects on leigh fans on this forum,so in conclusion,he's a door handle ?

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

I'm still at a loss after nearly 3 years, why Canadians need educating in how long a RL match lasts.

It's 57 min plus stoppage time and anthems right?

44 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I'm still at a loss after nearly 3 years, why Canadians need educating in how long a RL match lasts.

No offence mate but I get the feeling if you were a union fan you'd be the sort who moaned about League fans not respecting the goalkicker with silence.

Let them do them. 

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

I know its crazy..,.THING HAS TURNED INTO AN ALL DAY/NIGHT EVENT WHAT WITH THE:

1)pregame meal and drinks,

2) visiting the clothing store,

3) getting lost in the beer garden,

4) watching the game and halftime show,

5) POST GAME ACTIVITIES AND THE BEER GARDEN ONCE AGAIN

6)POST GAME MEAL AT THE 3 BREWERS WHILST THE NIGHT ACTIVITIES WITH EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE BEGINS

7) 2am cab ride to hotel!

Don't fret, we are learning more at every home match.

Archived