Wigan offering 7 players to clubs

I’ve just never seen what people see in Sarginson, I just think he’s garbage. 

Wigan are blessed with a number of good wingers at their club and Burgess is seemingly going to pay the price, which is a shame because I quite like him. Had his injury problems but will get a deal somewhere. 

Partington was the idiot whose words of hatred for St Helens could have incited idiots but thankfully that never happened. He can take his hatred with him to Swinton. 

Shorrocks just isn’t good enough and I’ve never heard of the rest.  

Is the common denominator their agent?  Because the article says the info had not been originated by Wigan.  The article might have easily said that these players are out of contract at the end of the season.  5 of which are fringe players with many academy converts waiting in the, err... wings

As of this moment Wigan have 1 fit winger in their squad (and it's not Burgess) and the way this game is going at the minute he could get a season ending injury at any time. So it would seem that Wigan would not be being too quick to unload Wingers.

17 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’ll take Burgess at Warrington if he doesn’t mind fighting it out with Charnley and Lineham for a place in the back line.   Quality player when fit.

All you need is the space on the cap.

2 hours ago, Jao 711 said:

Well Mr Clothesoff’s hatred is plain to see,shown on here often.

I’m sorry, who exactly are you? 

Hatred is a silly thing, I leave that for numbskulls like Ollie Partington and Shaun Wane. 

Wigan as a town has produced some fantastic rugby League players for St Helens in not just this current team but many in years gone by, so hating the Wigan club is just an odd one too.

I dislike Wigan but hatred is just daft. It’s only a game at the end of the day. Whether we win or lose, nobody dies, the world doesn’t end and people from Wigan, who support their team, like I support my team will go back home and go back to work and nothing will have changed. 

21 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I’m sorry, who exactly are you? 

Hatred is a silly thing, I leave that for numbskulls like Ollie Partington and Shaun Wane. 

Wigan as a town has produced some fantastic rugby League players for St Helens in not just this current team but many in years gone by, so hating the Wigan club is just an odd one too.

I dislike Wigan but hatred is just daft. It’s only a game at the end of the day. Whether we win or lose, nobody dies, the world doesn’t end and people from Wigan, who support their team, like I support my team will go back home and go back to work and nothing will have changed. 

You end your post with a philosophical ramble but unfortunately began it with abuse ,and then tell us that you “dislike” Wigan Iwonder why.I would also remind you that it was yourself who introduced the word “hatred” into your previous post Who exactly am I ? That’s for me to know and you to wonder Mr Clothesoff. 

39 minutes ago, Jao 711 said:

You end your post with a philosophical ramble but unfortunately began it with abuse ,and then tell us that you “dislike” Wigan Iwonder why.I would also remind you that it was yourself who introduced the word “hatred” into your previous post Who exactly am I ? That’s for me to know and you to wonder Mr Clothesoff. 

The original post was disingenuous from the start and the parent article is not far behind.   A poor attempt by TRL.

Wigan are not "unloading" players anymore than any other club are at this stage who are out of contract.  Every club will have to look at it's rosta and it's cap. It's going to be tricky for Wigan to get the right balance that's for sure.

On 01/05/2019 at 22:27, Cheshire Setter said:

I’ll take Burgess at Warrington if he doesn’t mind fighting it out with Charnley and Lineham for a place in the back line.   Quality player when fit.

They'd be no fighting with lineham. Burgess head and shoulders above him

2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

They'd be no fighting with lineham. Burgess head and shoulders above him

You’re basing your judgment on Lineham at Hull.   Warrington fans who see him week in, week out know his all-round quality and would not likely rate Burgess as ‘head and shoulders’ above him, but about the same level.   He won’t get the opportunity anyway as he’ll be looking for a bigger salary than our cap space would allow.

3 hours ago, Jao 711 said:

I think Partington and Wane are numbskulls. Partington’s recent “I’ve grown up to hate Saints” and Wane’s forever constant hate speeches about Saints were embarrassing and paints them to be numbskulls, IMO. 

Partington’s timing of his speech was particularly stupid, given football fans’ recent behaviour (before you say, many RL fans are football fans, so there is crossover) and some stuff that’s gone on at RL games and could have easily incited idiots. Thankfully, it didn’t and he was left with a metaphorical egg on his face.

Wigan has been the birthplace of many a St Helens great and vice versa for the cherry and white. To think that Saints and Wigan players don’t mix in general life, given many are Internationals together, is juvenile and daft. 

I’ve never mentioned hating Wigan. I dislike them and find there current situation highly humorous. As would Wigan fans if roles were reversed. Hatred is daft. It’s only a game of Rugby League. 

According to the local press, it looks like Burgess is extending his contract, rather than releasing him, all despite the original post and TRLs article both suggesting otherwise. 

Indeed Warriors are reported to be angry with the TRL article (because all clubs will be dealing with players out of contract at this stage of the season... not least Castleford) and it struck me at the time as being a piece of unprofessional kite flying clickbait. As such it succeeded as it smoked out the usual suspects. 

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:48, Cheshire Setter said:

You’re basing your judgment on Lineham at Hull.   Warrington fans who see him week in, week out know his all-round quality and would not likely rate Burgess as ‘head and shoulders’ above him, but about the same level.   He won’t get the opportunity anyway as he’ll be looking for a bigger salary than our cap space would allow.

He was a good player at Hull and, despite banter from some of us on here, many where sad to see him leave.  His attitude was never like it has been at Wire, but sometimes that's not a bad thing.

Id have him over Burgess as imo the games changed somewhat in bringing the ball back from fielded kicks.  Certainly Burgess is an excellent winger.  I'd prefer him over Budgie.

On 03/05/2019 at 19:48, Cheshire Setter said:

I was sad to see Lineham go, but omg I wouldn't have him back if it meant we never got Talanoa!   Talanoa two CC cup winners medals, Lineham 0

You're welcome to keep him!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

25 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Talanoa two CC cup winners medals, Lineham 0

That's true, but Radford also has two CC winners medals as a coach, no? ?*

*I've made the assumption you're one of the 'Radford Out' brigade there... ?

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

That's true, but Radford also has two CC winners medals as a coach, no? ?*

*I've made the assumption you're one of the 'Radford Out' brigade there... ?

Nope - I've kept and will keep the faith with Radders ?   I've always said if Hull can finish 6th this year I'd be more than happy with that as there's a lot of changes in playing staff due next season....

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

5 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Nope - I've kept and will keep the faith with Radders ?   I've always said if Hull can finish 6th this year I'd be more than happy with that as there's a lot of changes in playing staff due next season....

Not unfeasible to make 4th/5th based on Cas's problems.  Anyway don't want to drift the thread and get told off again ?

Archived