Dewsbury v Toulouse Olympique

Crown Flatter

Don’t forget folks, this fixture is on Saturday, 3 pm. 

I’ve no idea of the19 man squad and definitely clueless as to which team will turn out, but let’s be positive, for once and go for another tight victory:

Dewsbury 20-18 Toulouse 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Trout

Att: 1044 (!)

Legs, Dews, Legs.

41 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Don’t forget folks, this fixture is on Saturday, 3 pm. 

I’ve no idea of the19 man squad and definitely clueless as to which team will turn out, but let’s be positive, for once and go for another tight victory:

Dewsbury 20-18 Toulouse 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Trout

Att: 1044 (!)

The way this seasons panning out I think we will have more chance of winning out there...

I don't really care if we win or lose as long as we turn up...Another performance like the one against the Doggies would just about finish me off..

Just looked at the Toulouse twitter page ... their 19 for Saturday is published but also there is a short clip of the team watching a video of the Rams ..... it appears albeit, only a 9 second clip, that they will be targeting the high ball to our back line!!  ... it has been a weakness in recent games and I guess LG will also be doing some work to correct it .... but I suspect Luke Hooley is going to get a right peppering on Saturday.

image.thumb.png.19322ddce981b95c5fade19144cdf8a4.png

Bonjour

Dewsbury Rams Vs Toulouse this Saturday is LIVE on HWD Hospital Radio. 
Go to www.hwdhospitalradio.com on your PC, Tablet or Smartphone... click on 'listen live' and join us from 3pm for full and exclusive commentary on the whole game.

Profite du spectacle

I'm reluctant to predict the score after my Widnes prediction,which was a gnats knacker away from been spot on

27-14 is the score I see

But can't work out who to,it's a odd scoreline ..so the game must be tied at 14-14 ..one team drops a goal to make it 14-15 ...the team losing pushes for a point,and is sucker punched making the score 14-21..and with the game lost almost on full time go in again to make it 27-14 ...too who I just can't tell,maybe my balls need a polish ,also apparently the lottery tonight 3 balls pays £100 ,just hope 27-14 is not for that draw..we will see .

I reckon can win this game,don’t get me wrong it will take a Herculean effort to do so but if we turn up with the right attitude like last week I don’t see any reason why we can’t win. I watched them against Batley and I honestly think if they hadn’t had 1 or 2 dodgy decisions go against them Batley would have won that game.

Rams 19

Toulouse 14

FTS Day

MOM Day

ATT 678

21 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

Bad day at the office but full credit to Toulouse who were outstanding. I think they would have beaten any team in the Championship with that display. 

Totally agree. Fitter, Faster, Stronger. First half we did OK to hold them and we gave them the ball on both occasions they scored tries. But we never showed anything on attack and they snuffed us out easily. Far too lightweight in the forwards today to hold their pack. They dominated the ruck and made it look relatively easy. Best team we've played so far this season.

I know it is never nice to see us thumped but some of the pain is taken away when you can appreciate quality and Jonathan Ford has for me got to be one of the very best stand offs in RL - the turn and pass for their fourth try was worth the admission alone.

You have to appreciate the quality, guile and leadership of Toulouse. Johnathon Ford is the best, leading the best footballing team in the league in my opinion. 

We just were not good enough and have to accept that. 

After the game the Toulouse team came to applaud those of us still there to appreciate them. I thought that was a nice touch and we reciprocated. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

You have to appreciate the quality, guile and leadership of Toulouse. Johnathon Ford is the best, leading the best footballing team in the league in my opinion. 

We just were not good enough and have to accept that. 

After the game the Toulouse team came to applaud those of us still there to appreciate them. I thought that was a nice touch and we reciprocated. 

Johnathon Ford was the difference last week against York, a class player.

39 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

We didn't play badly, but Toulouse barely made a mistake and were clinical. Doubt any side bar Toronto would have had a chance yesterday.

They looked better than Toronto to me. Easily best team we’ve seen so far this season

The lads never stopped trying but we were outclassed.  One thing that stood out for me was their speed off the defensive line. Many of us were complaining about offside for long periods of the game but they were just off the blocks and moving forward throughout. In contrast we tended to stay back which only served to give their big fellas time to get moving. I always have to get a negative comment in so would observe that I was slightly disappointed with one of our half backs. Clearly got the guile and experience but was very reluctant to get involved yesterday from what I could see. Maybe they were just too good?

22 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I reckon can win this game,don’t get me wrong it will take a Herculean effort to do so but if we turn up with the right attitude like last week I don’t see any reason why we can’t win. I watched them against Batley and I honestly think if they hadn’t had 1 or 2 dodgy decisions go against them Batley would have won that game.

Rams 19

Toulouse 14

FTS Day

MOM Day

ATT 678

I know you don’t have to rub it in,I got it badly wrong ☹️

23 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I don’t see any reason why we can’t win. I watched them against Batley and I honestly think if they hadn’t had 1 or 2 dodgy decisions go against them Batley would have won that game.

Batley are a much better team- as, unfortunately,  we have observed

4 hours ago, NickD said:

They looked better than Toronto to me. Easily best team we’ve seen so far this season

The lads never stopped trying but we were outclassed.  One thing that stood out for me was their speed off the defensive line. 

This! Mirrors my sentiments exactly, from when they played us.

As GF points out, we got a few poor decisions against us, but I don't think we deserved to nick it regardless of the decisions.

They are by far the best and most entertaining team I've seen this season. 

6 hours ago, NickD said:

Batley are a much better team- as, unfortunately,  we have observed

And neither Ford nor Robin played against Batley.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived