Welcome Chris Thorman

dkw

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Maybe we should see how it all pans out , we’re just guessing . Concentrate on the here and now , and short term and picking up the pieces to get this season back where we want it . That’s his focus as of now , and on his track record he’s the guy to pull it together . If he gets us out this league it’s a great incentive to go on for him , or an enviable job fur someone else . Either way it’s a good situation . We need out this season and right now that’s everything 

Well said! 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, IanMac said:

The poor lad has been prevented from doing what he loves doing, has accepted a coaching position until the end of the season and to supplement a part time position has agreed to coach a ru club thro the winter, i believe he was offered the ru job before the rugby league gave him clearance to work again reading posts on his Instagram.  If he reads this he’ll probably be wishing he hadn’t bothered with the league side of it. Give the lad and the club a chance, who knows the ins and outs of the deal or whether he’ll have an option for next season. I’m looking forward to seeing if he can improve the squad and the way we play, if he goes well and we are successful I can’t see him turning down an opportunity to coach in the championship, but on the flip side he may not want to remain in league 1. He is a top coach who needs to get back in the game, let’s see where we go with it and how we progress before passing judgement on the club or him. 

And again . . Well said! 

2 common sense posts in a row!

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

The poor lad has been prevented from doing what he loves doing, has accepted a coaching position until the end of the season and to supplement a part time position has agreed to coach a ru club thro the winter, i believe he was offered the ru job before the rugby league gave him clearance to work again reading posts on his Instagram.  If he reads this he’ll probably be wishing he hadn’t bothered with the league side of it. Give the lad and the club a chance, who knows the ins and outs of the deal or whether he’ll have an option for next season. I’m looking forward to seeing if he can improve the squad and the way we play, if he goes well and we are successful I can’t see him turning down an opportunity to coach in the championship, but on the flip side he may not want to remain in league 1. He is a top coach who needs to get back in the game, let’s see where we go with it and how we progress before passing judgement on the club or him. 

Excellent level headed post, amazing to see people go straight for doom and gloom without even knowing the full facts. 

What's happening with squad announcements this year? I thought squads had to be declared by Friday evening? Not the 1st time  this season it's a few hours before a game and nobody is any the wiser to what 19 man squad we have?

15 hours ago, Brad hepis heed said:

We really do shoot ourselves in the foot at times.At a time when we make noises about building for the future and stability,we do this !!!!!. Everyone knows that while the coaches role is partime in name ,the hours put in training,game days,post game reviews,media etc is far more than part time .For the BOD to be aware of this and even think to appoint him and not even advertise the post is ridiculous.

Come the business end of the season where will his focus be ,on his current role with a month or two left ,or the preseason for his two year role ,it really is quite staggering .On the plus side the lad from Leigh looks quality and should go a good job for us spelling penky off,unless rumours of penky going to be assistant at Rochdale are true .

Why don't you ask him where is priorities will lie at the end of the search? Instead of spouting

12 hours ago, dkw said:

Excellent level headed post, amazing to see people go straight for doom and gloom without even knowing the full facts. 

Lets enjoy having a proven coach, whatever happens next season I'm confident the club and directors are moving the club in the right direction, despite plenty who want to drag it down.

14 hours ago, Old standoff said:

Christ, sounds like he could be on basic minimum wage and one of them zero hour thingy’s  ,  sound a right f- - -k up of a deal if it’s true.

Tool. Too quick to have a pop. 

I heard him on radio cumbria last night, and all i can say is he sounds anything other than half arsed. 

He sounds like someone who just wants to get involved and make a difference 

7 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

I heard him on radio cumbria last night, and all i can say is he sounds anything other than half arsed. 

Tool?.  I have no doubt he is a great bloke and could be just what we need but my post was not  about him being half arsed but an opinion on the deal that is being quoted as to the terms of his signing only to the end of the season and his involvement with YMCA RU at the same time.

We'

1 hour ago, Old standoff said:

Tool?.  I have no doubt he is a great bloke and could be just what we need but my post was not  about him being half arsed but an opinion on the deal that is being quoted as to the terms of his signing only to the end of the season and his involvement with YMCA RU at the same time.

The first press release said it was until the end of the season. It's a part time job. This what happens in the real world outside this forum. He's spoken very well the week and he got 14 players to do what Leon couldn't. All good for me

33 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

We'

The first press release said it was until the end of the season. It's a part time job. This what happens in the real world outside this forum. He's spoken very well the week and he got 14 players to do what Leon couldn't. All good for me

Ye, all good for me too Jim  don’t get me wrong I am pleased he is here I think LP tenure had run its course and this fella could be great for us but just seems a bit of a temporary lash up and we could have done with something longer term.

13 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Just my opinion,agree with thorman being a good caliber of coach,but if it's short term,might as well left Wilkes in charge and look for a coach who's going to be here long term and build town for the future.

But this way we get Thormans coaching knowledge and Ollie will probably hang up the boots at the end of this season so itll ease him into maybe taking the job fulltime next year.

26 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Just my opinion,agree with thorman being a good caliber of coach,but if it's short term,might as well left Wilkes in charge and look for a coach who's going to be here long term and build town for the future.

Like Pryce ?

Who said thorman won't be here next season? One game and a win against the odds.

He might well be able to juggle both jobs in the future. Let's not have any more could of should of, we have an experienced coach with all the contacts and knowledge to get us up through the playoffs imo.

11 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

What’s going on here how come he got promoted direct to tool and I had to start off at goon level ,a bit of favouritism me thinks ?

13 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Just heard the interview Chris gave after the game yesterday I was very impressed and cant wait to see what he can do with a full squad. 

Is this online somewhere pal ?

27 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Is this online somewhere pal ?

It was on radio sheepdip after the Barrow game you can catch it on the I player no doubt

Chris Thorman has probably only signed a contract to the end of the season to see if he can manage the constant travelling from Huddersfield and back several times a week  , no one knows whether it`s bearable until they have tried it ,i think it`s as simple as that .

Archived