Stadium..a sad day

Rango

I’ll say one thing for jenkinson, he’s got skin thicker than a whales Unfortunately for him he’s got a body the same size too!

He only scrapped in as a councillor because the long standing labour councillor for seaton retired this year, letting him and his 500 votes retain his seat. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Town blue white said:

No new stadium with this lot in charge! What a shame 

Yeh but we should all be thankfull that the uppies and downiies can still srart at the same place 3 times a year. The likes of councilor Stoddart will probably want the sports centre torn down. 

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Oh god. The Town will be a complete state of he's in charge of the council. Doesn't have the town's best interest at heart and would rather see the town in the dark ages. Absolute clown 

This just go's to show what the Tories are really like,It now appears that the Cons will link up with the Independants to govern our Council.I voted Labour,but not just for the Stadium but for stability has i knew what would happen if the Cons got in,but we now can see the inbiting going on between jenkinson&arnisson who are the Cons and it reminds me of the Cons who run the country.I do not think the stadium is a no go job,maybe jenkinson might afterall favour the stadium,and with the amount of money already being spent on work for the stadium, i think and hope he will see common sense is needed before making a drastic descision and think about the long term benefits for the future.I hope Stephen(stoddart)also thinks about the future for our children in sport but the backbiting has begun and Mr arnisson had some choice words about Mr Jenkinson and the Independants will be loving this battle..UTT...

27 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

This just go's to show what the Tories are really like,It now appears that the Cons will link up with the Independants to govern our Council.I voted Labour,but not just for the Stadium but for stability has i knew what would happen if the Cons got in,but we now can see the inbiting going on between jenkinson&arnisson who are the Cons and it reminds me of the Cons who run the country.I do not think the stadium is a no go job,maybe jenkinson might afterall favour the stadium,and with the amount of money already being spent on work for the stadium, i think and hope he will see common sense is needed before making a drastic descision and think about the long term benefits for the future.I hope Stephen(stoddart)also thinks about the future for our children in sport but the backbiting has begun and Mr arnisson had some choice words about Mr Jenkinson and the Independants will be loving this battle..UTT...

And this narcissist called Mark Fryer self adulating ?

You couldn't make all this up but it was obvious from the start that jenkinson has his eye on the council leadership and ultimately to be elected to parliament under whatever colours will allow him to achieve it.I agree with troutmaster though don't think the stadium is dead yet but will struggle to be ready for the world cup and will probably be one of those identical box like constructions.

It was interesting to hear that Mr the Arnisson had invited Mr Jenkinson into  the Tory group after his dismal display with UKIP.I new right away that jenkinson was going with the independants to claim top spot,him and arnisson were at loggerheads when arnisson elected himself leader has the votes were being counted.It now appears that jenkinson has teamed up with the indies to get the leadership, and now he has got what he wanted,and i do not think any of the indies were actuall capable of being a leadership contender.I really fear for our council right now,at least when Mr Smith was leader we did see a lot of new projects being founded,but when you have some people so intent on running Mr Smith and Councillor Fryer into the ground for whatever reason,thats not politics, thats a witchhunt.It will be interesting to see where some of the indies finish up on the council.I now wait with baited breath on how our new council will work out,and jenkinson should be more aware of the indies in opposition has they soon will be..

It will be full blown chaos in my opinion. Don't look to Stoddart to back any Labour ideas with his history with them, and one of the councillors only stood so they could get a new driveway so we will have to wait and see what drive each of the independant coucillors have for issues outside their own parish. If MJ is to be the new leader of the council we will see if he is willing to knock the 400 jobs in the town on the head and all that it brings to local businesses in the area along with everything the new stadium will bring.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• 2 weeks later...

It has been reported elsewhere that work has started on the pitch at derwent park, does this involve completely digging up the old one ,relevelling ,widening and relaying new turf ,and if so is it true that the Coventry game will be played at borough park? Hoping for some progress reports and also from those new councillors who seem to have gone into hiding since elections 

20 minutes ago, Route66 said:

It has been reported elsewhere that work has started on the pitch at derwent park, does this involve completely digging up the old one ,relevelling ,widening and relaying new turf ,and if so is it true that the Coventry game will be played at borough park? Hoping for some progress reports and also from those new councillors who seem to have gone into hiding since elections 

Its all on the REDS forum

1 hour ago, dkw said:

We've played on it when it was worse than that ha ha.  

That bit looks a bit like it did when sky televised our game against Halifax in 95. That probably looks better actually

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

That bit looks a bit like it did when sky televised our game against Halifax in 95. That probably looks better actually

What about the Cas game it was like mud wrestling. 

Archived