Stadium..a sad day

Rango

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/06/2019 at 20:07, Super Rooster said:

Jenkinson got voted in because he picks up dog poo in Seaton.  This isn't a surprise or a shock. We all knew it was coming. It's probably unfair to throw all the ###### at Jenkinson (although he would pick it up) - there have been other councillors that have been gobbing off all the time against the scheme - Cooke (Silloth) and Finlay (Hayton).

This in turn with a deluded group of Reds supporters who are against the stadium, have a hatred of Town and do not want to share a facility. I've been a Reds and Town supporter for 41 years but I've just about had my fill of the Reds. I feel sorry for their Directors because they try and keep the peace in very trying circumstances. They want to move the club forward but have to deal with supporters who want the club to fail for their own personal gain.  Its all about influence and power at the Reds.

It's been great to see both clubs working together and long may it to continue. But the fight was lost because the stadium supporters were too quiet. Jenkinson and the other stadium opponents were not challenged enough in the press and on social media. They were allowed to spin lies unopposed. 

So now we have to wait for new plans to be drawn up - at what cost? More money wasted.

Sport and society has changed. We need modern multi use facilities that can attract families. A terrace with a tin shed on top will not do that. It will keep some of the opponents happy but a lot of them will have passed away in 10 - 15 years time. Shafting the prosperity of the clubs for the future. This was a one off chance to actual have something modern and new for the community. A bit of a beacon of hope but the luddites have won. Its a very sad day for West Cumbria.

Jenkinson now needs to get the bins sorted out as that seems to be the only thing that people care about around here. How sad.

It's easy to see why councilors from Silloth, Aspatria and Wigton would vote against something that isn't near them but it's unbelievable that locals like Stoddart have. He hasn't forgiven the last council for demolishing the decrepid, vandalised s### hole that was Moorclose SC and replacing it with a fantastic modern facility that gets used by thousands. He was slagging the new facility off in his election leaflets harping on about no one wanted it built there. I know he represents Moorclose but he needs to look at the bigger picture for the Town (I'm a Moorclose lad) and stop behaving like a spoilt brat. 

1 hour ago, Red Arrow said:

That was a quote from Mark Jenkinson & posted by Super Rooster. You're correct Derwent Park was built in 1956,  Borough Park 1937.

Not like him to get something wrong, maybe need to do a fact check, fact hunt.... 

2 hours ago, Red Arrow said:

That was a quote from Mark Jenkinson & posted by Super Rooster. You're correct Derwent Park was built in 1956,  Borough Park 1937.

The new Stadium IF built will be glued together in 2021 & will have blown away in 2022.

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

It's easy to see why councilors from Silloth, Aspatria and Wigton would vote against something that isn't near them but it's unbelievable that locals like Stoddart have. He hasn't forgiven the last council for demolishing the decrepid, vandalised s### hole that was Moorclose SC and replacing it with a fantastic modern facility that gets used by thousands. He was slagging the new facility off in his election leaflets harping on about no one wanted it built there. I know he represents Moorclose but he needs to look at the bigger picture for the Town (I'm a Moorclose lad) and stop behaving like a spoilt brat. 

Guy is always involved in controversy and none of its ever his fault.

1 hour ago, Super Rooster said:

Jenkinson's £95 million liability.

That would only be the case if the Reds, Town, NHS & Sellafield pulled out and no other tenants were found in a 50 year period. Likewise no one hired the 3G pitch in a 50 year period.

Is that true? That a disgusting piece of misdirection by him if it is, he may have changed party but hes definitely still a tory. 

Brian Allinson on Facebook:          Mark Jenkinson Why do you refuse to answer the question directly? I asked what the figure used was in the 95 million business case you keep quoting not what you put into the model. You have repeatedly avoided answering the question, I assume this is because you say you can fudge the outcome to suit yourself and is just based on assumptions how can you then say a stress test has shown a 1m a year loss when that too will also be based on assumptions?  You can't have it both ways. 
This wasn't a politically motivated question, the deficit is another subject entirely. As is the Labour parties motives behind the project and also your own objection to it from day one. I queried this to try and decide for myself whether this really was the right decision to stop the stadium as on the face of it the benefits appeared to outweigh the negatives. You have done nothing in this conversation to change that view, and by you repeatedly dodging my question now makes me suspicious of your motives. Would you be prepared to publish this independant stress test and explain why their figures should be believed over the figures in the business case? That would surely end the debate and change a lot of minds wouldn't it?

Waste of time asking to produce the figures you have asked for,The reason being,he doesn't have one.It was a smart move on his behalf to conjure up the idea to not involve the full council on all matters,HE has decided that 6 is a better figure to sort their business out because he has them all tied up for his ownself, and that includes the Leader.I have a feeling that any new ground will be built on the Reds ground now that it has been proposed by one of their die hards,but i suppose its his choice has i would do the same for our ground,Mind you,it will be just another feather in his helmet to politically have another go @Smith&Fryer once again.Horrible Fat ######!!!!...

1 hour ago, troutmaster said:

just another feather in his helmet to politically have another go @Smith&Fryer once again.Horrible Fat ######!!!!...

I reckon he's either clever, brave, hard-case.........or just a complete t*sspot.......you Allerdale folk should know which applies to him. And if it's the latter there was the power of elections to thwart his plans...sadly that didn't occur....now we are all saddened by the Stadium saga.

And now the truth is coming out regarding his erm, "loose" use of figures..

"Brian Allison to be clear, the £53m was the difference in cost between borrowing and PFI."

So his claim of losing £53m on this was as true as his claim it would cost £95m. Utter tosh. 

It's quite simple really. He has to keep a group of Seaton residents happy to ensure he gets re-elected in 4 years time. 600 votes should do it. He's joined the committee at Seaton Rangers and I'm sure he'll deliver funding to sort out another pitch for them. Then he can bang on about his support of grass root  youth sports = a vote winner in his ward and at Seaton Rangers. He'll also keep on picking up dog ###### to get the votes. 

Deals will be done with the rest of the executive for their pet schemes to be delivered so they support each others.

Finally he's hoodwinked enough people into thinking £95 million of tax payers money would have been spent on building the new stadium. I read a letter in the T&S by a Conservative Councillor claiming the new stadium would cost the people of Cockermouth £10 million over 50 years !!! Unbelievable.

What happens regarding a new stadium. He bangs on about need and requirement. What do the Reds need to play Northern Premier League football? The equivalent of Penrith FC's ground. What do Town need for Championship Rugby - looking at Sheffield's set up - very little

So we are looking at a ground with maybe a 1,500 main stand containing all its facilities and nothing else. A one sided ground.  There may have to be a bit of covered standing to suit the football graders in addition but not much. We are looking at something like Dumbarton or East Fife FC.  He'll then claim more stands can be built if one of the clubs is promoted. So probably a cost of £2-3 million. He can then claim to be the man who saved the tax payers of Allerdale £92 million who will lap this up as long as their bins are emptied on the correct day. 

I don't think they will actually build a new stadium. Borough Park will get demolished and both clubs will share Derwent Park.

One of the post above said not enough was done in the media and press  to try and get the Stadium built . One week I put Two positive Letters into the Times and Star ,and only One got printed  . the next Week I put Two positive letters in ,And it wasn't just about the Stadium for the Two teams , it was about what it could do to the area , Stating that over the years. The Steel Works, Chapple Bank Foundry, High Duties Alloys , Eastman ,all with large workforces ,plus a lot of smaller businesses , have closed . And building the Stadium might see to Businesses that the Town didn't want to stand still and stay in the dark ages .  But NOT ONE was printed ,but any letters from Mr Findlay from Hayton and any other negative letters were. 

Can anything be done like an Appeal or is this a done deal . How can 6 people decide what the future of Workington will be , Who don't seem to have any Business sense at all ,going by the decisions they have made . Who weren't interested in any Business plan by the Planners and the Labour Party . Even if the Stadium had generated Millions a year to the to the local government to spend on whatever they wished , they would have rejected it. Just because it wasn't the Independent's Idea ,and they all want to be on an Ego trip . 

47 minutes ago, silverfox said:

One of the post above said not enough was done in the media and press  to try and get the Stadium built . One week I put Two positive Letters into the Times and Star ,and only One got printed  . the next Week I put Two positive letters in ,And it wasn't just about the Stadium for the Two teams , it was about what it could do to the area , Stating that over the years. The Steel Works, Chapple Bank Foundry, High Duties Alloys , Eastman ,all with large workforces ,plus a lot of smaller businesses , have closed . And building the Stadium might see to Businesses that the Town didn't want to stand still and stay in the dark ages .  But NOT ONE was printed ,but any letters from Mr Findlay from Hayton and any other negative letters were. 

brian white went out and got town centre business signing a petition in support and that was in the press.

PFI is being used to try and make a case by Mr Jenkinson to justify his reasoning, in the current financial climate PFI is a total non starter and should not warrant a mention, as money is cheap to borrow and in plentiful supply, the big winners in PFI are the companys who build and then lease the property back to the user, they look to have there money back in the first half of the tenure aggrement, profit in the second half, and the best bit for them, ownership of the project always remains with the builder/developer and at the end of the agreement the stadium etc would still belong to the builder/developer. PFI was i think a Blair government iniative and was pants then and still is now.

Archived