Stadium..a sad day

Rango

18 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Genuine question ...is the new sports centre still heavily subsidised by Allerdale BC? 

If it is by how much annually and for how long?

That question isn't directly for you Sausage, I would just be interested to see how the original business case and financial projections stack up against the actual usage figures and financials now its open, as it has similarities to the stadium proposal.

The fact that the sports centre is being used by 8,000 doesn't necessarily mean its profitable without subsidies

Good Question but I honestly do not know the answer to that.

But as said by Route66 the Benefits are also there to help stem the Obesity crisis this County is facing and getting young people interested in  exercise and Sport.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Does that mean we needn’t have bothered with all the pitch changes and expense ?

Spot on DavidM all that money spent as it was alleged it was not viable to get the new Safety Certificate for Borough Park.

The only Good thing is we should have a decent new playing surface at Derwent Park and be a bit closer to the action.

I only hope the council plan is not to just spend money on both Stadia as that would really just be polishing a ###### and neither Club would see much improvement in Facilities.

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Does that mean we needn’t have bothered with all the pitch changes and expense ?

more money wasted eh!. if you believe jenkinson and the independents they are going to provide a new stadium, just not the one the labour administration proposed. 

26 minutes ago, wewonit 52 said:

Don't know if there is any truth in it ,Just heard there is going to be an Allerdale biggest liar competition held in the council offices.

OMG, who the hell would judge that, they are all liars, maybe Mr Jenkinson could hand pick them, just like he has done with the executive .

I believe reds are wanting to stay at Borough Park for 12 months while the council bluff and delay their way to what new stadium they can agree on.

Then reds will move to Derwent Park for 2 seasons, so the pitch would have needed widened at some point in the next 12 months anyway.

16 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I believe reds are wanting to stay at Borough Park for 12 months while the council bluff and delay their way to what new stadium they can agree on.

Then reds will move to Derwent Park for 2 seasons, so the pitch would have needed widened at some point in the next 12 months anyway.

nail on the head, my view is the board wouldn't have got approval from the major shareholders to move without a plan being in place, as soon as the new executive (if they do) put a plan in place then they would happily move. Think the board are currently in a very difficult place. 

5 hours ago, wewonit 52 said:

Don't know if there is any truth in it ,Just heard there is going to be an Allerdale biggest liar competition held in the council offices.

A previous multipule winner of Worlds biggest liar is already in there

19 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Part of the reason for no Plan A was no definite commitment from Sellafield or NHS I an told

I'm sure Sellafield would have agreements in principle,or why would the build cost rise from 15m to 25m, it increased to include offices. Also extra cost to redraw plans .   I would think neither would sign any lease until the Stadium got the go ahead . You wouldn't sign for a new house if there was a doubt it wouldn't be built. 

None of this could be the case but I think Jenkinson & Co should prove otherwise. 

20190702_192100.jpg

The bit I struggle with on the build cost figures is why to add offices would it add 10m to the original cost of 15m? On face value that seems a huge amount of money for nothing very complicated.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

The bit I struggle with on the build cost figures is why to add offices would it add 10m to the original cost of 15m? On face value that seems a huge amount of money for nothing very complicated.

I don't think it was just offices, a health centre cafe/restaurant as well, pharmacy.

13 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Plan B, 5 thousand capacity, no Sellafield and  no NHS. 

Mark Jenkinson has previously mentioned the Moor Lane ground at Salford FC on several occasions which is a metal pre-fab. 
I don't like it myself, be some temperature fluctuations between summer and winter standing on metal terracing !!
Sure I read somewhere it cost circa £5 million to build

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

the 1st phase of that ground cost about 5m, but they have since knocked down the old stand and built a massive new one with offices incorporated.

5100 capacity with seating for around 2300.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

I don't think it was just offices, a health centre cafe/restaurant as well, pharmacy.

Cheers, although surely the restaurant must have been in the original plan. The rest are just square rooms with services ran in, considering what the price of the stadium cost it still seems steep.

The Salford stadium isn't that cheap as either if one stand was 5m and we were getting 4 for 15m.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It’s been a good couple of months for this sorry excuse for a council.

First they destroy the stadium project and now they aren’t going to empty our bins for a couple of months. 

Jenkinson, stoddart and co are way out of their depth. How long before the lights go off?!

Archived