Stadium..a sad day

Rango

Start sending emails to the local MP Sue Hayman ,and other Media websites .Putting them just on this site, only Town Rugby Fans will read them. I sent Her an email expressing my concerns over the decision not to go ahead with the Stadium / Offices / Doctors surgery / pharmacy . .And the impact its going to have in the Area for many a year .And got a very good reply from Her . So please  also put your opinion on other Media websites  

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Start sending emails to the local MP Sue Hayman ,and other Media websites .Putting them just on this site, only Town Rugby Fans will read them. I sent Her an email expressing my concerns over the decision not to go ahead with the Stadium / Offices / Doctors surgery / pharmacy . .And the impact its going to have in the Area for many a year .And got a very good reply from Her . So please  also put your opinion on other Media websites  

I also emailed her to express my anger and concerns and received a very good reply back explaining her concerns regarding the  shambles. 

6 hours ago, silverfox said:

Sue hayman was mp when all this shambles was going on,why I ask as she not been involved until now? It's very easy to send good emails now but unfortunately the horse as bolted....

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 02/07/2019 at 19:09, Bearintown said:

Part of the reason for no Plan A was no definite commitment from Sellafield or NHS I an told

Not correct. Just another lie, its bad enough living in a place where people want us to be in the early 20th century but we now have a tsunami of fly tipping to look forward to. 

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Not correct. Just another lie, its bad enough living in a place where people want us to be in the early 20th century but we now have a tsunami of fly tipping to look forward to. 

As long as the fly tipping is outside Perry's Palace I'm all for it! 

I’m afraid calamity jenkinson will never go through with anything resembling the labour council plan. His hatred of the above has sadly cost the area and generations of participants and spectators of sport decent facilities. Hopefully we get some answers soon, however I think he’s too busy trying to hide from the bins debacle at the moment.

Yet again a biased report in today's T&S by John Connell,  headline 'No commitment to occupy stadium'

I will repeat a quote from an earlier poster.       "He's so far up Jenkinsons backside they share the same passport photo"

1 hour ago, Red Arrow said:

Yet again a biased report in today's T&S by John Connell,  headline 'No commitment to occupy stadium'

I will repeat a quote from an earlier poster.       "He's so far up Jenkinsons backside they share the same passport photo"

I think he was referring to the NHS and Sellafield having only a fleeting agreement not Town and the Reds.  I do agree with your other statement regarding the lack of support from the local press. 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Do people think that the previous council would honestly pursue a bigger stadium without the knowledge of the full backing of sellafield and the nhs? These are negotiations going back over 2 years. Cast iron agreements are arranged once final planning is agreed. The stadium passed planning but clowncillor jenkinsons personal hatred of mark fryer has cost the entire area and it’s future generations facilities fit for purpose. 

Sad times. 

I love the wording, " no high level agreement". Well yeah, obviously, as the stadium was still in the design and procurement stages, which then leads to contract placing, contractual agreements etc. So it's another disgusting twisting of facts by the oaf and his pathetic weasly bottom feeding mates. 

17 hours ago, dkw said:

Gone very quiet on this, meanwhile Jenkinson has tried to destroy the universe with an irony overload.. 

Screenshot_20190726_205035.jpg

Laughable. He’s got absolutely no ambition. Cuts to services is all we’re going to get from now on in.

He’s Allerdale councils answer to Boris. Now that is a scary prospect.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

So what do both clubs do now, Do they reject the offer of a  cheaper version  the council have planned, Or wait 4yr and hope labour get back in, It's a tricky one

will they even provide the so called cheaper version? the whole things gone really quiet.

Here we are 7 weeks on since the disgraceful decision and still no convincing evidence the new Stadium wasn't viable.   There only reason given is no firm commitment from Sellafield & NHS.

I would like to see a statement from both these tenants & not Jenkinson & co.

• 2 weeks later...

So the games we were due to hold have now been given to Newcastle to be played at Kingston Park, which I think is a good move. A nice little financial boost to that area, which we miss out on, but never fear, our promised "New Stadium" must be just round the corner, I`m sure Jenkinson and his bunch of muppets have been putting a lot of effort into it. They must have been, as they have obviously been doing sod all about the mess the Refuse /recycling collections are in, other than to raise the cost of council tax to cover the balls up, something they promised they would never do during the elections.....

Archived