Stadium..a sad day

Rango

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rockerlad said:

The new councilors have always maintained the new stadium was still on the cards, but the timescales and costs for the previous development mean't is was not financially viable.

I've heard they are looking at a 5,000 capacity stadium, still on the Borough Park site, which will be more than ample at this time for Town and Reds needs.

Let's all hope this development goes ahead for the good of the Allerdale

4 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

The new councilors have always maintained the new stadium was still on the cards, but the timescales and costs for the previous development mean't is was not financially viable.

I've heard they are looking at a 5,000 capacity stadium, still on the Borough Park site, which will be more than ample at this time for Town and Reds needs.

Let's all hope this development goes ahead for the good of the Allerdale

I've also heard that and potentially a office block still being built on the old lonsdale park site. 

21 hours ago, rockerlad said:

Jenkinson win

At least it gets him off the council where he can do much more damage than when he becomes an MP. Hayman was parachuted in from out of the area and didn't do anything of note. Now back to the Rugby I'm fed up with politics. ?

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Red Arrow said:

It wasn't Towns fault that they've had to fork out this money, it would have been a lot more if it hadn't been for volunteers tidying the place up after removal of the speedway track and laying of the new pitch. 

Quote from T&S online today.

Outgoing Sellafield boss Paul Foster saying they were going to back the new Stadium.    This goes against  the new Allerdale executive continually saying there was no evidence of high level commitment from potential tenants .20200110_085233.thumb.jpg.b00a400a7721236f8ee7c7cdf80602e3.jpg

12 hours ago, Bearintown said:

It seems to say clearly that the council has bought out the clubs lease for only £77k. Surely that cant be right.

This one needs to be commented on by the club .and hopefully denied

Have a look on companies house and you’ll see it certainly appears to be correct. Looking through the info on there re value of the leasehold in yearly accounts and what was received for the sale of the lease on the training pitch in 2016 this payment certainly doesn’t tie in with those but I don’t suppose we have the full facts. But I sincerely hope we haven’t been stitched up by the council.

1 hour ago, Red Arrow said:

Outgoing Sellafield boss Paul Foster saying they were going to back the new Stadium.    This goes against  the new Allerdale executive continually saying there was no evidence of high level commitment from potential tenants .20200110_085233.thumb.jpg.b00a400a7721236f8ee7c7cdf80602e3.jpg

Sellafields commitment was never in doubt. It was a blatant mistruth to say otherwise.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

14 hours ago, Bearintown said:

It seems to say clearly that the council has bought out the clubs lease for only £77k. Surely that cant be right.

This one needs to be commented on by the club .and hopefully denied

The £77k was an initial payment, agreed at the shareholders meeting to allow the work to commence, further payments were agreed to reflect the true value of the lease, but they could only be paid after the cost of demolition of DP was taken away from the sale of the land. At the time the stadium was full speed ahead, if as happened the scheme was abandoned, safeguards were in place to ensure the security of the lease to remain as it is. Hopefully at some point, we'll still be playing in a new stadium!

2 hours ago, Red Arrow said:

This shows that Jenkinson muppet and his puppets were lying through their teeth, as we all knew.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

The £77k was an initial payment, agreed at the shareholders meeting to allow the work to commence, further payments were agreed to reflect the true value of the lease, but they could only be paid after the cost of demolition of DP was taken away from the sale of the land. At the time the stadium was full speed ahead, if as happened the scheme was abandoned, safeguards were in place to ensure the security of the lease to remain as it is. Hopefully at some point, we'll still be playing in a new stadium!

This is what I was told, basically if the stadium doesn`t happen then the Lease reverts back to Town. This was all agreed and signed off on a legally binding contract.

20 minutes ago, dkw said:

This is what I was told, basically if the stadium doesn`t happen then the Lease reverts back to Town. This was all agreed and signed off on a legally binding contract.

I hope that's true, but the statement saying the local authority now controls the lease totally contradicts the above.

My understanding is that the lease was bought out by Allerdale, an initial payment made but that the legally binding agreement is that Town have full use of Derwent Park until such time as a new joint stadium is built. It is also my understanding that the Reds have a similar agreement, unless Allerdale had control of the land there was no way that they could move forward with the proposed new stadium.

It should also be remembered that Towns lease allowed sport at Derwent Park but I don’t think that they could develop the land for any other use, this means that the land is worth much more to Allerdale as owners than to Town as tenants. Something else that our councillors decided not to mention!

6 minutes ago, pensioner said:

My understanding is that the lease was bought out by Allerdale, an initial payment made but that the legally binding agreement is that Town have full use of Derwent Park until such time as a new joint stadium is built. It is also my understanding that the Reds have a similar agreement, unless Allerdale had control of the land there was no way that they could move forward with the proposed new stadium.

It should also be remembered that Towns lease allowed sport at Derwent Park but I don’t think that they could develop the land for any other use, this means that the land is worth much more to Allerdale as owners than to Town as tenants. Something else that our councillors decided not to mention!

reds have approx 6 years left on the lease it was never sold, but it does have a 6 month break clause in it in which the council can give 6 months notice. 

23 hours ago, dkw said:

That's good to know, 77k is a pittance for a 90 odd year lease. 

Its amazing what you can find out on here.  I have been a shareholder at Town since 1990 and I can learn more on here than I have ever learned from being a shareholder.  I may be wrong but surely that cannot be right, can it?  

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived