Stadium..a sad day

Rango

Here's a link to the Fylde stadium which was also developed as part of a wider regeneration scheme 

https://www.afcfylde.co.uk/mill-farm/

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2016/september/job-vacancy-highbury-stadium-cook/

Photo of Fleetwoods main stand which I believe cost around £4 million, the other 3 sides of the ground are covered standing areas and the ground has a capacity of just over 5,000

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Here's a link to the Fylde stadium which was also developed as part of a wider regeneration scheme 

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2016/september/job-vacancy-highbury-stadium-cook/

Photo of Fleetwoods main stand which I believe cost around £4 million, the other 3 sides of the ground are covered standing areas and the ground has a capacity of just over 5,000

salford football all came on the back of a lorry then a new main stand was constructed. 

24 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I would think if anything is built it will be more like Salford City's Stadium.  I have seem Mark Jenkinson refer to this Stadium on  few occasions. 

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/07/england_see_what_salford_city_are_building_in_less_than_a_year

I'd like to think they will aspire to the AFC Fylde style than the Salford model. The Salford one is just a long bus shelter with 5 rows of seats in it and metal floors. It will be like watching in a biscuit tin if folk stamp their feet. They surely have to build something that is sustainable that will generate income all year round. Salfords was built to satisfy the regs for inclusion to the football league and not much else. They have sugar daddies and therefore don't need to think about what it looks like and how it can generate money. AFC Fylde on the other hand has conference rooms, a fantastic sports bar, and a restaurant, as well as club shop and food kiosks as it needs to generate money.

I bet I know which one maid Marion and her baand of scoundrels will favour........

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

For me, a new stadium on the footprint of Lonsdale Park has the be the way forward

There are too many issues with the DP site in terms of access and being pinned in by the river, docks, Tesco etc. Lots of money to be spent demolishing existing buildings and re-configuring. Let the new owner of that footprint deal with the hassle and expense of that

A new build along the lines of Fylde gives more opportunities to get it right for the whole of the community - 3G pitch(es), conference and community facilities

Look how many national brands the Fylde stadium has on its site - Aldi, Euro Garages, Sainsburys, Greggs and KFC. This is the way the council should be looking for these types of businesses to a. pay some rates and b. compliment the whole area and match day experience. Add in a pub and the Travelodge and offices for NHS & Sellafield and you have a whole hub generating revenue for the local economy

The main stand has to be the hub of everything as Fylde have also done - bars conference facilities, hospitality, cafe etc

I'd agree with a few rows of terracing in front of the stand similar to DP

I'd also consider how the stadium can be configured to bring in temporary stands for bigger events. Bath Rugby Union do this for three sides of their ground, in a public park, so it can be done

The last thing we want to see is a low budget, low facility basic type of ground, just made up of bare steelwork and sheeting, holding about 2k, as this is a once only opportunity

2 hours ago, town4me said:

Some good points there but are you suggesting a capacity of 2k or have I got that wrong. 

Was meaning, don't want a basic stadium that looks and feels like a tin shed and holds 2k or so, the Council should have more vision than that

7 hours ago, shaun mc said:

For me, a new stadium on the footprint of Lonsdale Park has the be the way forward

There are too many issues with the DP site in terms of access and being pinned in by the river, docks, Tesco etc. Lots of money to be spent demolishing existing buildings and re-configuring. Let the new owner of that footprint deal with the hassle and expense of that

A new build along the lines of Fylde gives more opportunities to get it right for the whole of the community - 3G pitch(es), conference and community facilities

Look how many national brands the Fylde stadium has on its site - Aldi, Euro Garages, Sainsburys, Greggs and KFC. This is the way the council should be looking for these types of businesses to a. pay some rates and b. compliment the whole area and match day experience. Add in a pub and the Travelodge and offices for NHS & Sellafield and you have a whole hub generating revenue for the local economy

The main stand has to be the hub of everything as Fylde have also done - bars conference facilities, hospitality, cafe etc

I'd agree with a few rows of terracing in front of the stand similar to DP

I'd also consider how the stadium can be configured to bring in temporary stands for bigger events. Bath Rugby Union do this for three sides of their ground, in a public park, so it can be done

The last thing we want to see is a low budget, low facility basic type of ground, just made up of bare steelwork and sheeting, holding about 2k, as this is a once only opportunity

Good post.

On 14/01/2020 at 14:08, Route66 said:

To be honest I'd be more than happy to see a development  like that of Afc Fylde on either site, the main thing is getting the project moving. The council needs to realise that town and reds represent the whole of allerdale and further and needs to back the clubs. The Fylde model is actually quite appropriate as its location in Kirkham and Wesham are tiny towns in a larger area. Hopefully progress sooner rather than later

What ever happens the community clubs  must be involved, with them involved it would help with funding options whilst getting sport England involved, 4G training pitch's would be a great investment with the amount of different community groups looking for decent facilities, also some thing  both the RFL and the FA could be involved in with funding. 

55 minutes ago, JMB said:

What ever happens the community clubs  must be involved, with them involved it would help with funding options whilst getting sport England involved, 4G training pitch's would be a great investment with the amount of different community groups looking for decent facilities, also some thing  both the RFL and the FA could be involved in with funding. 

the more community clubs and youth teams the more funding will be available.

It is a pretty sad day with the WC draw and what we should be looking forward to ... and promised Mr Dutton and the organisers ... and then a few threw back in their faces . Thanks for what might and should have been for then and beyond 

3 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

The chancer Jenkinson has used a lot of words and made up numbers there when he could have just said he cost us the chance of having the best RL team in the world playing in the world cup in a top class stadium in Allerdale because he needed to get one over on Fryer and Smith

Exactly, he thinks we are dafter than him. ? Football hub at Moorclose, have you seen the state of the existing pitches? Covered in dog and not fit for purpose, the ****s will love it if they built new changing facilities, along with the locals they wrecked the last one and it had to be knocked down. The sports center and baths were vandalised on a weekly basis, I wouldn't build sod all up there. 

Archived