Stadium..a sad day

Rango

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Totally. Council could build 5 new stadiums in the next 80 year and we’d still be in a better financial situation than if the big stadium got the go ahead. Like I said just be grateful we’re getting a stadium at all. Not many councils would fund a new ground for privately owned clubs.

Its a stadium for the wider commuinty surely, thats why local authority should have a stakeholder interest, and landlord responsibilities also.

Think the model is more common than you seem to think!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Totally. Council could build 5 new stadiums in the next 80 year and we’d still be in a better financial situation than if the big stadium got the go ahead. Like I said just be grateful we’re getting a stadium at all. Not many councils would fund a new ground for privately owned clubs.

Well i suppose that depends what figures you are going off, the factual figures for a stadium which would have made the council money over the course of the agreement (and brought millions into Allerdale during the world cup) or Jenkinson's made up figures which his rent boy John Connell used to print as fact in the paper several times a week.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

If you really believe everything that was spouted by the Seaton tree (and his puppet in the T&S who is now employed by him for his good work peddling his propaganda) then it's pointless trying to discuss it with you. I can't wait to see this 'free' stadium you think we are going to get.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I think it shows the level they are aiming at when they have toured Salford and FC United. So any hopes of a self funding project with top class corporate and entertainment facilities look to be dead in the water. I wonder why these stadia were chosen over the likes of fylde,  Fleetwood etc?

A sports village sounds expensive to me I wonder how it will be funded ?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

15 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I think it shows the level they are aiming at when they have toured Salford and FC United. So any hopes of a self funding project with top class corporate and entertainment facilities look to be dead in the water. I wonder why these stadia were chosen over the likes of fylde,  Fleetwood etc?

A sports village sounds expensive to me I wonder how it will be funded ?

FC uniteds is a very good ground with good facilities, its still unfinished however and Salford has a big stand with facilities being constructed. 

Can't say I'm convinced with the broadhurst park or especially the Salford facilities.  I'd rather have a 2 sided stadium with really good facilities than 4 sides covered but only 5 rows of seats all round. The atmosphere will be awful. I know we will get bargain basement facilities as the prime design is already in the bin, but even then they need to really think about it as it could still be not fit for purpose. 

3 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Can't say I'm convinced with the broadhurst park or especially the Salford facilities.  I'd rather have a 2 sided stadium with really good facilities than 4 sides covered but only 5 rows of seats all round. The atmosphere will be awful. I know we will get bargain basement facilities as the prime design is already in the bin, but even then they need to really think about it as it could still be not fit for purpose. 

Dispite what Jenkinson said, the last one wasn't going to be a burden on Allerdale rate payers due to the rented out office space. Will this still be the case ?

Archived