Jump to content
Rango

Stadium..a sad day

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Exactly, he thinks we are dafter than him. ūüôĄ Football hub at Moorclose, have you seen the state of the existing pitches? Covered in dog and not fit for purpose, the ****s will love it if they built new changing facilities, along with the locals they wrecked the last one and it had to be knocked down. The sports center and baths were vandalised on a weekly basis, I wouldn't build sod all up there.¬†

I can remember when those pitches at moorclose where all full all weekend and kids teams galore playing up there, sunday league games on every pitch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the miracle happens we will get a replica of Salford City's stadium. If you read the Stadium Solutions website this stadium was designed to be "outgrown" basically a short term solution.

I'm thinking if anything is built it will be a version of East Fife or Dumbarton's one stand stadium with the proviso that further stands could be built if either club progresses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Super Rooster said:

If the miracle happens we will get a replica of Salford City's stadium. If you read the Stadium Solutions website this stadium was designed to be "outgrown" basically a short term solution.

I'm thinking if anything is built it will be a version of East Fife or Dumbarton's one stand stadium with the proviso that further stands could be built if either club progresses. 

I really hope its based on neither of those 2 stadia

Both were built nearly 20 years ago, have 1 main stand and a wall around the rest of it, have a capacity of 2,000 and no sign of any other facilities around it. Basic is too kind a word for them. 

Stadia  have moved on in all aspects since then, in terms of design, facilities and partner organisations

East Fife proposed a new stadium in 2010 (£5million for 2 stands holding 3000 in total), and it still hasn''t been built.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaun mc said:

I really hope its based on neither of those 2 stadia

Both were built nearly 20 years ago, have 1 main stand and a wall around the rest of it, have a capacity of 2,000 and no sign of any other facilities around it. Basic is too kind a word for them. 

Stadia  have moved on in all aspects since then, in terms of design, facilities and partner organisations

East Fife proposed a new stadium in 2010 (£5million for 2 stands holding 3000 in total), and it still hasn''t been built.  

Something like Dewsbury's ground looks ok, don't know the capacity though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope we get something , drive past both stadia and it’s demoralising to see the state of them and what we’re watching sport in in this day and age . It needs sorting well before now 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I just hope we get something , drive past both stadia and it’s demoralising to see the state of them and what we’re watching sport in in this day and age . It needs sorting well before now 

there is nothing in the whole of Cumbria, 

BP dump

DP dump

Rec Dump

Brunton Park Dump.

Barrow craven park and holker street dumps. its embarrassing 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

there is nothing in the whole of Cumbria, 

BP dump

DP dump

Rec Dump

Brunton Park Dump.

Barrow craven park and holker street dumps. its embarrassing 

The area has to have good facility's for the future, for both professional and community clubs, both football  ball and rugby,  sadly a lot of the present councillors in both Copeland and Allerdale don't see the benefits for the community's in the future. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rockerlad said:

there is nothing in the whole of Cumbria, 

BP dump

DP dump

Rec Dump

Brunton Park Dump.

Barrow craven park and holker street dumps. its embarrassing 

DP is like Wembley compaired to the Rec.....

Will always love DP - Character, not some Lego new build and a good capacity to go with it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

DP is like Wembley compaired to the Rec.....

Will always love DP - Character, not some Lego new build and a good capacity to go with it.

they are well past there sell by dates and probably costing both town and reds a small fortune every season in maintenance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

DP is like Wembley compaired to the Rec.....

Will always love DP - Character, not some Lego new build and a good capacity to go with it.

Not at the moment it isn't. Removal of the track and laying of the new pitch left it looking like a bomb site. If it wasn't for a few hard working volunteers it would look even worse. It was Allerdale who wanted the new pitch but it seems that they aren't willing any longer to pay for the work still required to clean up the mess. The old pitch wasn't brilliant but served its purpose, Surely its Allerdales duty to make sure the pitch and surrounding area is brought back to scratch at no cost to the club. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2020 at 16:42, Red Arrow said:

Salford City's cost just over 5 million. 

Allerdale council paid for a contractor to clear the speedway track, questions need to be asked why this didn't happen and which company is responsible for this debacle .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Connell is leaving his post as the Local democracy reporter, to work for Mark Jenkinson.     More proof ,if needed, why we had continuous negative reporting on the proposed new Stadium.   

Disgraceful reporting.

 

 

 

20200128_124053.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newsquest were complicit in extremely one sided reporting of the stadium. There was no balance whatsoever and this shouldn’t come as a shock. They both have right wing views and were mates outside of work. We’ve all been sold a greet big pup lads and lasses. The Sellafield boss said in the paper that they would have taken space in the stadium. Shocker but not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should be investigated over his disgusting reporting during  the stadium debacle and any other reporting of his mate. So much for press impartiality guidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote many a letter to the Times and Star about what a new stadium would bring to the area .not just for Sport but employment .To show that this area is looking to the future and not stuck in the dark ages ..But every week all you read were negative comments . And mostly from the same people week in week out .you could tell then that ,there was something underhanded going on . .OConnel will now find out that Jenkinson as used him .and will carry on doing so till he gets what he wants ..Then drop him like a stone .     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

Screenshot_20200205-214119_Facebook.jpg

As a popularsider obviously I like to watch a match standing. I know those photos are only an example  but I wouldn't  want to watch a game in such shallow low down standing space.  The  view would be very poor. Just a personal opinion

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job they didn't visit Dumbarton as well. Been past that ground on the train today, and if that's the level of our Councils ambition, then it's very low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes in most countries the seats are well above pitch level so you get a better view.

For some reason UK stadium insist on the first row of seats being at pitch level - awful view.

Basic stuff like positioning the first row of seats (and standing) about 1 meter above the pitch will give everyone a better view.

Hope they also go for 1 seated stand and 3 standing terraces- would help with costs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But to be fair they could build 5 of those stadiums for the cost of the labour one and if we get a tidy little stadium which lasts15 year....for free, then it’s a good deal. Can’t see what everyone twining about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

But to be fair they could build 5 of those stadiums for the cost of the labour one and if we get a tidy little stadium which lasts15 year....for free, then it’s a good deal. Can’t see what everyone twining about. 

Are you serious?  Spend millions on a biscuit tin stadium that only lasts 15 years and then start again. Then what?


The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Are you serious?  Spend millions on a biscuit tin stadium that only lasts 15 years and then start again. Then what?

Totally. Council could build 5 new stadiums in the next 80 year and we’d still be in a better financial situation than if the big stadium got the go ahead. Like I said just be grateful we’re getting a stadium at all. Not many councils would fund a new ground for privately owned clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...